wizzard1663

CFO EXIT SEMINAR

23 posts in this topic

PDOS is required for all Filipino emigrants or those leaving the country to settle permanently abroad. The main topic of this seminar is to help the emigrants prepare themselves for settling overseas. Like adjustment to a new environment, how to deal with homesickness, travel regulations, immigration procedures, cultural differences, settlement concerns, etc. 12 years old and below are exempted from attending the PDOS and are only needed to be registered to the CFO Office...

PDOS Requirement:

Photocopy of passport biographic page

NBI Clearance

Fee of Php250 or roughly $5.50

Address: People’s Reform Initiative for Social Mobilization Inc.(PRISM)

2nd Floor Equitable-PCI Bank Building, 2422 Taft Avenue, Manila

Phone Numbers: (632) 525-3114, (632) 525-3783, (632) 525-4314

CFO Stamp is a sticker, stamped into the emigrants passport. This stamp served as a proof that this visa holder has attended the PDOS and is now ready to travel.

CFO Stamp Requirement:

PDOS Certificate

Passport

US Visa

Fee of Php400 or roughly $9

Address: Citigold Center, 1345 Quirino Avenue corner Osmena Highway Manila Phils

Phone numbers: (632) 562-3848,(632) 561-8321 ext. 104, 105, 201- 203

The short story is "they" want to make sure your pockets are empty of PESOS before you leave the country...

ANOTHER BUREAUCRATIC WAY by the FILIPINO gov to suck out of the poor pinoy emigrant pocket another 650 pesos

and that not include the AIRPORT taxes......on your way out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD Bless them...........

Very true!!!

Again, depends on how you look at it.

We are not given the statistics on how many Filipinos get saved by this program from abusive/fraudulent jobs or marriage.

If this project saves at least one person from such abuse, I say pay up and quit bashing the government.

Oh, and this project is run partly by a non-government agency. FYI.

Thatz not the point. Poor Filipinos get pesos sucked out of their pocket by unjustifiable fees upon leaving the country. Itz like having a gun pointed to your head, "Pay or else" you cant leave. And that sucks, no matter how many roses you surround it with. :ranting:

but come to think of it, its only P650 ($13 or so)... how much does USCIS and the embassy cost us for this whole process??? more than $13... i know money is money and you can use that $13 somewhere else more important per se, but it is what it is, some would say its useless and some would say its important...

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

PDOS is required for all Filipino emigrants or those leaving the country to settle permanently abroad. The main topic of this seminar is to help the emigrants prepare themselves for settling overseas. Like adjustment to a new environment, how to deal with homesickness, travel regulations, immigration procedures, cultural differences, settlement concerns, etc. 12 years old and below are exempted from attending the PDOS and are only needed to be registered to the CFO Office...

PDOS Requirement:

NBI Clearance

CFO Stamp is a sticker, stamped into the emigrants passport. This stamp served as a proof that this visa holder has attended the PDOS and is now ready to travel.

CFO Stamp Requirement:

PDOS Certificate

Passport

US Visa

Address: Citigold Center, 1345 Quirino Avenue corner Osmena Highway Manila Phils

The short story is "they" want to make sure your pockets are empty of PESOS before you leave the country...

ANOTHER BUREAUCRATIC WAY by the FILIPINO gov to suck out of the poor pinoy emigrant pocket another 650 pesos

Very true!!!

We are not given the statistics on how many Filipinos get saved by this program from abusive/fraudulent jobs or marriage.

If this project saves at least one person from such abuse, I say pay up and quit bashing the government.

Since you are posting here I have to assume that you are referring to abuse and/or fraud in the US to Filipinos. Here is an example of Filipinos breaking US laws. LOS ANGELES — A total of 49 Filipinos were deported back to their home countries by the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) last week. Forty-six of those removed had been convicted of criminal offenses that include felony drug trafficking and possession, child abuse, sex crimes, aggravated assault, weapons possession, identity theft, stalking and burglary. How many of these offenders would be saved if they attended CFO seminars ? What does this program do to help Filipinos when In Asia, 60% of all women have been assaulted. The impact on children is appalling. Body Shop International estimates that 1.8 to 3.2 million children in the Philippines are exposed to domestic violence and suffer the traumatic effects for the rest of their lives. This number just escalates year after year. The real reason for CFO registration/seminar is to arrive at a more sophisticated economic and demographic profile by countries/territories of residence, and maintain a computer-based system for ensuring accessibility of up-to-date information about overseas Filipino communities, overseas Filipino professionals will be enjoined to contribute to Philippine sustainable development as advocates of the Philippines, and as resource persons in their countries of residence which now seek expertise to guide policy making and investment decisions in the Asia-Pacific region, The PHILNEED SYSTEM also includes the basic procedures involved in sending donations to the Philippines, list of government hospitals, list of schools offering vocational and tertiary degrees, and DSWD-accredited NGO's. The contributions of Filipinos overseas to the Philippines have been immense. Overseas remittances, through official channels alone, reached an all time high of US$7.6 billion for the year 2003. It accounts for about 16 percent of the country's total current account receipts and 10 percent of gross domestic product (GDP). Those who eventually acquire the citizenship of their adopted country continue to maintain filial links with people in the Philippines and manifest an abiding interest in the progress or developments in their country of origin. Register with us, register with us. Send us money, send us money. The point is that Filipinos emigrating to the US do not need anyone leading them by the hand, they are very well aware of any dangers that might lurk in another country and certainly know how to dial 911 for any problem that might happen and keep the Filipino Government out of your pocket.

Are you a Filipino? Are you the Filipino counterpart of your relationship?

I ask because most of the time, the foreign spouse will never understand how things work with the Filipinos.

I tell you this, it is only USD13... how much does the US government received from our petition so far (I'm the beneficiary) USD 1,000. I haven't had my medicals yet or interview... what does my husband gain from that USD 1000??? NOTHING! NO learnings, no knowledge, not even a nice phone operator who can actually say what is being done in our case. What is US 13 compared to the USD1000 that your government is asking from you? Eh?! Delays and more delays... they won't even prioritize family petitions because the election time is over. Don't tell me how corrupt the Philippine government is.. look at yours first. Look at how they spend money on bailouts that still leaves the ordinary americans in such a financial mess.

I attended the CFO seminar couple of months ago with the same idea as yours... why the Filipino surely knows how to dial 911 why do they need such seminar for?! Waste of money... but after the seminar.. I realized that not everybody who goes to US knows how to read or write or even effectively communicate in English! I have to help out 2 women who were already issued with Fiance Visa how to answer the forms there and what to write. First, I read it in English because apparently they could not read... imagine that?! How the hell does one find a US Citizen Fiance (a real white race american at that, i know coz they showed me the pics) if one cannot read in English!? I asked how they met and they both told me through the internet... imagine that?! How does one go about getting engaged to an American through internet if you cannot read in English?!! After reading it in English, both were still at a lost... so instead I translated them in Tagalog... and even in Tagalog they could barely answer the form.. and the form's questions are standard stuffs like what kind of work does your fiance do... etc. I will not judge their relationship because perhaps they have transcended the language barrier.. but imagine these two women.. uprooted from all their friends and family and moved across the globe. If you were transported in a small town in China where no person speak English and you got abused.. how would you feel? If you were able to dial the police number how would you explain what abused you received? Sir, you do not know that hardship of people who must move across the globe to be with their loved ones. You leave behind everything, every single security that you have known since you were a baby. You know nothing.. and therefore should not judge!

So tell me... who are you to say that this program is ineffective??? If women such as them were told that they can call such and such number or go to such and such place when they are abused... is the program failing them because it must charge US13? Who will pay for the facilities where we comfortable sit and listen to audio visuals on how to get help and where to get help? Who will give the allowance of the volunteer workers? Who will buy the stickers? As you say, our government is a corrupt one... do you expect them to fund it? NO! A filipino pays US13 to prop up this good program because the government will not help them. What is US13 in exchange for the lives of countless of women?! I'd gladly pay US13 again. Yes, granted... Php650 is a lot of money by the standards of this country. It may be the family's meal for a week already. BUT if it saves lives, if it helps.. who are you to say just dial 911? You clearly are not from a poor country and do not know how things work. This CFO program have help Filipinos come home and rebuild their lives after being abused. You do not know how fragile our women are! You do not know them sir! And you may say... well, Filipinos who cannot read or write or communicate in English should not go out of their countries to marry foreigners.. but what if it is true love? Or what if it is the only for their family to survive?? NO SIR! You do not know this country.. and for that I can only surmise that you are not a Filipino.. or you would know the hardship the OFWs go through or for that matter every Filipino who must leave the loving bossom of the Philippines. We are poor here sir, but we value our lives, we value our neighbor... and for your 60% of Asian are abused.. we do value our woman here!

Edited by tngirl21809

Are you a Filipino? Are you the Filipino counterpart of your relationship?

I ask because most of the time, the foreign spouse will never understand how things work with the Filipinos.

I tell you this, it is only USD13... how much does the US government received from our petition so far (I'm the beneficiary) USD 1,000. I haven't had my medicals yet or interview... what does my husband gain from that USD 1000??? NOTHING! NO learnings, no knowledge, not even a nice phone operator who can actually say what is being done in our case. What is US 13 compared to the USD1000 that your government is asking from you? Eh?! Delays and more delays... they won't even prioritize family petitions because the election time is over. Don't tell me how corrupt the Philippine government is.. look at yours first. Look at how they spend money on bailouts that still leaves the ordinary americans in such a financial mess.

I attended the CFO seminar couple of months ago with the same idea as yours... why the Filipino surely knows how to dial 911 why do they need such seminar for?! Waste of money... but after the seminar.. I realized that not everybody who goes to US knows how to read or write or even effectively communicate in English! I have to help out 2 women who were already issued with Fiance Visa how to answer the forms there and what to write. First, I read it in English because apparently they could not read... imagine that?! How the hell does one find a US Citizen Fiance (a real white race american at that, i know coz they showed me the pics) if one cannot read in English!? I asked how they met and they both told me through the internet... imagine that?! How does one go about getting engaged to an American through internet if you cannot read in English?!! After reading it in English, both were still at a lost... so instead I translated them in Tagalog... and even in Tagalog they could barely answer the form.. and the form's questions are standard stuffs like what kind of work does your fiance do... etc. I will not judge their relationship because perhaps they have transcended the language barrier.. but imagine these two women.. uprooted from all their friends and family and moved across the globe. If you were transported in a small town in China where no person speak English and you got abused.. how would you feel? If you were able to dial the police number how would you explain what abused you received? Sir, you do not know that hardship of people who must move across the globe to be with their loved ones. You leave behind everything, every single security that you have known since you were a baby. You know nothing.. and therefore should not judge!

So tell me... who are you to say that this program is ineffective??? If women such as them were told that they can call such and such number or go to such and such place when they are abused... is the program failing them because it must charge US13? Who will pay for the facilities where we comfortable sit and listen to audio visuals on how to get help and where to get help? Who will give the allowance of the volunteer workers? Who will buy the stickers? As you say, our government is a corrupt one... do you expect them to fund it? NO! A filipino pays US13 to prop up this good program because the government will not help them. What is US13 in exchange for the lives of countless of women?! I'd gladly pay US13 again. Yes, granted... Php650 is a lot of money by the standards of this country. It may be the family's meal for a week already. BUT if it saves lives, if it helps.. who are you to say just dial 911? You clearly are not from a poor country and do not know how things work. This CFO program have help Filipinos come home and rebuild their lives after being abused. You do not know how fragile our women are! You do not know them sir! And you may say... well, Filipinos who cannot read or write or communicate in English should not go out of their countries to marry foreigners.. but what if it is true love? Or what if it is the only for their family to survive?? NO SIR! You do not know this country.. and for that I can only surmise that you are not a Filipino.. or you would know the hardship the OFWs go through or for that matter every Filipino who must leave the loving bossom of the Philippines. We are poor here sir, but we value our lives, we value our neighbor... and for your 60% of Asian are abused.. we do value our woman here!

Very well said Tngirl :thumbs:

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

PDOS Requirement:

NBI Clearance

CFO Stamp Requirement:

PDOS Certificate

Passport

US Visa

Very true!!!

Thatz not the point. Poor Filipinos get pesos sucked out of their pocket by unjustifiable fees upon leaving the country. Itz like having a gun pointed to your head, "Pay or else" you cant leave. And that sucks, no matter how many roses you surround it with. :ranting:

but come to think of it, its only P650 ($13 or so)... how much does USCIS and the embassy cost us for this whole process??? more than $13... i know money is money and you can use that $13 somewhere else more important per se, but it is what it is, some would say its useless and some would say its important...

Correct! It's only US13!! It is only the cost of one meal in the US.

I agree CFO may have some giood intentions but for them to act like a final approval door out of the country instead of an informative seminar is very upsetting. They have no business demanding a copy of a filipina's fiancees divorcee papers or any othert documents thet were used in the petition approval process . the petition process has already received that or the petition would not have been approved or visa approved and then if visa not approved "No CFO STAMP"!

They do not let the girls fiancee attend because they tell the filipinas the men all abuse them and things like that. Abuse is rampent within the philippines and worse than in the USA. Philippine culture accepts and turns its back on husbands having girl friends when married. It sound like the pot is calling the kettle black!!

I know from experience the CFO seminar process is very much in need of a fix. It takes all day from 9am to 4:30pm to attend the seminar at Taft Avenue and then have to go to a different place in Manila to get the stamp in the passport.

Go to Quezon City and get it all in the same place and it will not take all day. I am glad the CFO experience is over for me and my wife. They have you by the balls because you have to have the stamp in order to depart Manila airport. take my advice...Do not go to TAFT Avenue PRISM for the CFO. Go to the other one in Quezon City. No mapprontment is needed just be there in plenty of time prior to the start because she will have papers to complete and have to pay the fee also first. I am going to quit now coz this CFO subject is a very upsetting word to hear and not a good memory or experirnce in memory.

Filed: Timeline

The Point I was trying to make is not if PDOS/CFO is a GOOD thing or a BAD thing.

I agree that the seminar should be required...for anyone going outside the country the first time, to have an idea of what to except and what resources are available to the person emigrating, once reached the other country.

The point i was trying to make is to tax anyone entering or leaving the country for LEISURE, if you have too.

Now I will be glad contribute or donate to CFO, if was done correctly and I am sure most RP(s) will glad pay annual membership fee if they see a value in it.

Most poor emigrant are leaving because the are in desperate need of job, desperate need to support their family, etc, ect.

And on top of everything else they are sending money back to RP..... and they treated poorly in the country they are working.

Just do not empty their pockets of their last pesos left.....on they way out.

And yes the total amount of money is nothing compare to what we all going spend in the all visa process....give them the opportunity to them to start the job and then they pay membership fee or have the sponsor pay for it.

It is funny that my first trip in RP, on my way to return to my country, they would not let me into the plane until I paid an EXIT tax.

Guess what, I never expected that, nowhere in CEBU international airport there was any signs mentioning this tax.

Now please don tell me that there is no better way to do this...even next area where they check your passport, they could have set up a small boot to collect the tax, why had wait until you almost ready to get on the plane.

There is always a better way........

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Lets face it, its a 20 minute video clip worth 13USD, and I havent learned anything I didnt already know. The government want to do this, fine with me, but for them to make it a compulsory thing for a Filipina spouse to leave the country? Thats a total Bull where I came from. They should at least give that prerogative to the individuals, those who wish to attent may attend, those who think its a total waste of time and money may skip it.

K1

California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : APRIL 26, 2008

I-129F NOA1 : MAY 1, 2008

Touched : MAY 14, 2008

Touched : SEP 9, 2008

I-129F NOA2 : SEP 9, 2008

Medical: Nov7 and Nov10 PASSED!

Interview Date : NOV 17, 2008 Pink Slip!!!

Visa Received : NOV 22, 2008

US Entry : NOV 24, 2008 POE: GUAM

Marriage : January 8, 2009

Comments : I AM LOVING COLORADO!!!

AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

AOS Packet Sent: Feb 21, 2009

NOA1 Received in the mail: Mar 2, 2009

Biometrics appointment letter received: Mar 9, 2009

Biometrics: Mar 25, 2009

Advance Parole Approved: Apr 29, 2009

EAD Approval Date: May 6, 2009

Advance Parole received in the mail: May 7, 2009

Interview: July 20, 2009 APPROVED

Card Production Ordered: July 21, 2009

Welcome to America Letter Received: July 27, 2009

fortcollins5.jpg

• 2 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.