brocku00

NO INTERVIEW FOR ME IN JULY :(

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

BAD NEWS AGAIN!!! I called NVC and once again I did not get an interview for July!! :angry: I don't know how long I am going to have to wait?? My case was complete on April 24/09. I now have to wait until the 2nd week on July to call and see if I get an interview for August. If the interview is in August, that will be 4 months since completion!!! Is this a typical wait or should I be concerned? Thanks for any replies!!

Sent I130 to Chicago - March 1, 2008

NOA 1- April, 2008

Transferred to California - April, 2008

NOA 2 - March 13, 2009 (lost for awhile)

NVC case number given - March 30, 2009

NVC case complete - April 25, 2009

Email for interview - July 3, 2009

Interview - August 12, 2009 DENIED!!

PROOF OF DOMICILE:

Package 1: sent August 13, 2009

Package 1: sent back August 23, 2009 -more proof needed

Package 2: sent September 3, 2009

Package 2: sent back Nov. 1, 2009 - more proof needed

Package 3: sent January 14, 2010

Package 3: APPROVED

Received VISA: MARCH 3, 2010!!!!!!

POE: Lewiston Bridge NY, March 4, 2010

SSN: ordered March 4, 2010

SSN: received March 17, 2010

GC Welcome Letter: March 16, 2010

GC Arrived: March 22, 2010

Citizenship Application Start Date: September 2011!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
BAD NEWS AGAIN!!! I called NVC and once again I did not get an interview for July!! :angry: I don't know how long I am going to have to wait?? My case was complete on April 24/09. I now have to wait until the 2nd week on July to call and see if I get an interview for August. If the interview is in August, that will be 4 months since completion!!! Is this a typical wait or should I be concerned? Thanks for any replies!!

I know it completely stinks doesn't it? Don't worry about your case, everything is fine. It's just the weird way the Montreal embassy works. I know OBX waited at least six weeks for her interview and I know Serendipity was approved the day before you and it doesn't appear they have their date yet either. There are a few others from April (pari_girl I think) and some from early May that didn't get any either. Just hang in there. Personally, I've seen Montreal schedule interviews when it's NOT the second week of the month, so I'm holding out hope that they're doing that this time and we don't all have to wait until July to find out.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

We received our notice of interview pending letter on April 28,

I called yesterday , to see if our interview had been set and she said to call back monday cause all apointments are set on the second week.

So our application is R5, I know yours is different from ours. Are you sure you dont have until Friday for the setting of dates for Montreal interview? Which will leave you today and tomorow to see if they set up a date?

I'm having a hard day today! I was really upset yersterday just thinking I have to wait another two months if we dont get an e-mail soon.

:unsure:

R Alternative / Progressive / Rock

www.myspace.com/dispatchedendorphins

Timeline

No I'm sure! :angry: I called last night and the guy said that I didn't get it for July. So I thought he was just reading it wrong so I called back today and the girl this time also said July is booked and that I did not get an interview. I hope that this will change....and they will surprise me with a call/email before the second week on July!! Thanks for the support everyone! Let me know if you hear about anything.

NOA 1- April, 2008

PROOF OF DOMICILE:

Timeline

I called NVC twice this week and have been told that I need to call back next week as they are still scheduling interviews this week. It's tough as hell this waiting. trend on the Canada CR1 interview thread shows the average wait time between case completion and interview date is upwards of 85 days.

Hang in there our time is near....I will keep you posted on my progress.

SomberCat I hope NVC decides to surprise us all with an interview date :)

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

Timeline

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I just called NVC and was told they are DONE scheduling for JULY and I did not get an interview date :(

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

Timeline

Hang in there. (F) I know it is tough but Montreal tends to be a "bit" slow in scheduling. We completed NVC Feb 13 and waited 6 weeks for an interview to be scheduled for a date 6 weeks following that! So by the time we made it to Montreal it was 3 months post completion. If July interviews are indeed filled up you should be very early August. I can relate to your frustration; I found the wait for the interview the longest of this entire process; every day seemed like a week.

Keep the faith and when you least expect it you will receive the long awaited email. In fact the day before we received our interview email we were told by NVC to call back the following month!

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

I think I'm going mad from waiting. Heheh. I clearly have too much time on my hands.

But anyway, I did some research today, and it really does seem like the whole "second week of the month" line is just nonsense for scheduling in Montreal.

Going by timelines and posts here, I discovered that:

- 4 of 5 people who have interviews in June found out about their interview dates on April 27th and 28th. (Their cases were completed between the end of March to the middle of April.) The 5th person didn't say when they found out about their date, but did post about it in the beginning of May.

- 7 of 8 people who had interviews in May found out about their interview date on March 26th and March 27th. The 8th person didn't say when they found out about their date. (These cases were completed between February 5th and March 13th.)

- 1 of 2 people who had interviews in April found out about their interview date on February 26th. (This case was complete in mid-January.) The other did DCF, and I think those cases are scheduled differently. I'm not sure.

- 3 of 3 people who had interviews in March found out about their interview dates on February 10th. The second week of the month. Heh. (These cases were completed at the end of November (yikes!) and the beginning of December.)

So yeah. Based on all of that, I would not be at all surprised if the lot of us who missed out on July interviews hear some good news two weeks from now about August interviews.

02/13/09 -

:)

02/19/09 - I-130 mailed out

02/27/09 - NOA1

03/19/09 - NOA2

05/07/09 - NVC CASE COMPLETE!

06/23/09 - Received interview appointment letter via email! Yay!

08/19/09 -Interview! SUCCESS!! (Wanna read a ridiculously long interview review? Click the link!)

08/21/09 - Visa received!

09/11/09 - POE (Alexandria Bay, NY)

09/28/09 - Received Permanent Resident card

06/28/11 - Sent 1-751 to VSC

07/29/11 - Biometrics appointment (OKC)

01/20/12 - I-751 approved!

Timeline
I think I'm going mad from waiting. Heheh. I clearly have too much time on my hands.

But anyway, I did some research today, and it really does seem like the whole "second week of the month" line is just nonsense for scheduling in Montreal.

Going by timelines and posts here, I discovered that:

- 4 of 5 people who have interviews in June found out about their interview dates on April 27th and 28th. (Their cases were completed between the end of March to the middle of April.) The 5th person didn't say when they found out about their date, but did post about it in the beginning of May.

- 7 of 8 people who had interviews in May found out about their interview date on March 26th and March 27th. The 8th person didn't say when they found out about their date. (These cases were completed between February 5th and March 13th.)

- 1 of 2 people who had interviews in April found out about their interview date on February 26th. (This case was complete in mid-January.) The other did DCF, and I think those cases are scheduled differently. I'm not sure.

- 3 of 3 people who had interviews in March found out about their interview dates on February 10th. The second week of the month. Heh. (These cases were completed at the end of November (yikes!) and the beginning of December.)

So yeah. Based on all of that, I would not be at all surprised if the lot of us who missed out on July interviews hear some good news two weeks from now about August interviews.

Aha!!! That's exactly what I was trying to say in my earlier post. I'm SO glad someone else noticed that. I've been watching them since the first of the year and Montreal is truly all over the board. I told my husband (who is really going insane right now) to hang in there because it really wouldn't shock me if we heard something at any time.

Aha!!! That's exactly what I was trying to say in my earlier post. I'm SO glad someone else noticed that. I've been watching them since the first of the year and Montreal is truly all over the board. I told my husband (who is really going insane right now) to hang in there because it really wouldn't shock me if we heard something at any time.

Haha. I know the feeling. I'M going insane. I made a freaking spreadsheet for goodness sakes. I was trying to track patterns going back to more than a year ago. Then I got sleepy. But yeah... feeling very NOT SANE right now!

My next theory is that Montreal will do a whack of K visa interviews in one month (i.e. July), thereby reducing the number of CR/IR interview spots available. I have nothing to back that up... yet... other than noticing that a bunch of K-1 people found out about their dates within the last few weeks. However, I guess that doesn't mean too much since there are way more K people than CR/IR people around here at the moment.

02/13/09 -

02/27/09 - NOA1

03/19/09 - NOA2

08/19/09 -Interview! SUCCESS!! (Wanna read a ridiculously long interview review? Click the link!)

Timeline

Thanks for the breakdown! Everytime I try to research timelines I get very confused and frustrated trying to figure them out. I'm sure that they have so many slots for interviews per month for I130's and so many for K1's...etc. I hope and pray for a call/email at the end of the month. Hopefully some of us will have the same day...and then we could meet for a celebatory drink in Montreal the night before!!! :dance: Thanks for all the helpful tips!!

By the way, where is everyone moving to in the US after receiving GC?? And where in Canada is everyone from? (Hamilton, Ontario here)

I am going to Delaware. (Dover to be specific)

Edited by brocku00

NOA 1- April, 2008

PROOF OF DOMICILE:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

YA, if you add the R5 in your spreadsheet , that should be interesting since Montreal web site shows interview times, get this only Tues & Thur from 2:00 - to 3:00. That doesnt leave much time aloted for Parents moving south

I'm North of Calgary -30C :wacko:

heading South to Deltona Florida to +30C :dance:

R Alternative / Progressive / Rock

www.myspace.com/dispatchedendorphins

Thanks for the breakdown! Everytime I try to research timelines I get very confused and frustrated trying to figure them out. I'm sure that they have so many slots for interviews per month for I130's and so many for K1's...etc. I hope and pray for a call/email at the end of the month. Hopefully some of us will have the same day...and then we could meet for a celebatory drink in Montreal the night before!!! :dance: Thanks for all the helpful tips!!

By the way, where is everyone moving to in the US after receiving GC?? And where in Canada is everyone from? (Hamilton, Ontario here)

Yeah, it would be great if some of us get interviews around the same time. I know I'll be a nervous wreck and could use all the moral support I can get!

My original purpose of figuring out the timeline thing was to see if there was any kind of scheduling lull around this time last year, but then I got sleepy and didn't actually figure that part out. Hehe. I actually got most of the information from this thread (thanks to Trailmix for keeping track of interviews etc. for nearly 2 years!)

Just curious... are you going for CR-1/IR-1? Or something else? I notice that your timeline says "other visa".

Oh, and I'm from Ottawa, but I grew up in Burlington. And I'm moving to Tulsa. It should be um... an experience.

02/13/09 -

02/27/09 - NOA1

03/19/09 - NOA2

Timeline

Yeah, it would be great if some of us get interviews around the same time. I know I'll be a nervous wreck and could use all the moral support I can get!

My original purpose of figuring out the timeline thing was to see if there was any kind of scheduling lull around this time last year, but then I got sleepy and didn't actually figure that part out. Hehe. I actually got most of the information from this thread (thanks to Trailmix for keeping track of interviews etc. for nearly 2 years!)

Just curious... are you going for CR-1/IR-1? Or something else? I notice that your timeline says "other visa".

Oh, and I'm from Ottawa, but I grew up in Burlington. And I'm moving to Tulsa. It should be um... an experience.

Hey! How come I thought you were moving to Texas? Maybe it's because that's where you got married I guess. Yeah, Trailmix rocks! At least half of the things I've tracked over time have come from her.

Being there at the same time would be great, but I'm sure most of your interviews will be way before mine. I'm curious, are any of your spouses going to the interview?

My husband is in Woodstock, Ontario but originally from Amherst, Nova Scotia. He's been in Ontario for years though. He'll be moving to the beautiful state of Indiana. lol We were just in Hamilton a few weeks ago.

Timeline

Hope you all get interviews soon.

One thing to keep in mind when calling NVC to inquire - the 'standard' answer around the second week is that they have finished scheduling for the month - that is not necessarily true. Time and again they will schedule well in to the 3rd week - few operators bother to actually check.

I would definately call next week as well.

Oh and thanks for all the nice stuff you guys said :)

Edited by trailmix

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.