Susita

Visa for the In-Laws to Visit

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Oh for god sake I did not mention I-134 in my example. If you re-read I said for a immigrant visa you need I-864.

If anyone want to submit a I-134 along with their application to a embassy for a TOURIST visa then PLEASE feel free to do so..

No where on USCIS website or DOS webiste does it mention the need for I-134 for a B1/B2 visa.

and the USCIS website would never mention anything regarding a B1/2 visa since it is none of there concern

You are 100% right....USCIS does not mention a B1/B2 visa but it does have all the information on I-134 including full instructions as to who should file this form and the actual form its self.

NEXT!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Oh for god sake I did not mention I-134 in my example. If you re-read I said for a immigrant visa you need I-864.

If anyone want to submit a I-134 along with their application to a embassy for a TOURIST visa then PLEASE feel free to do so..

No where on USCIS website or DOS webiste does it mention the need for I-134 for a B1/B2 visa.

The DOS does however makes the following reference which could "infer" an I-134 might be needed in certain situations.

Additional Documentation

It is important that you refer to the Embassy Consular Section web site to determine visa processing timeframes and instructions, learn about interview scheduling, and find out if there are any additional documentation items required. Learn more by contacting the Embassy Consular Section.

Applicants must demonstrate that they are properly classifiable as visitors under U.S. law by:

Evidence which shows the purpose of the trip, intent to depart the United States, and arrangements made to cover the costs of the trip may be provided. It is impossible to specify the exact form the documentation should take since applicants' circumstances vary greatly.

Those applicants who do not have sufficient funds to support themselves while in the U.S. must present convincing evidence that an interested person will provide support.

Depending on individual circumstances, applicants may provide other documentation substantiating the trip's purpose and specifying the nature of binding obligations, such as family ties or employment, which would compel their return abroad.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1262.html

Again it does not mention a I-134. It only sates they will need to present convincing evidence that an interested person will provide support. That could be in many different forms.

But I think we have more than answered the OP original question about how his in-laws might be able to come to the USA for a visit.. I am sure if they go for an interview and the interviewing officer asks for a I-134 then their son in-law will have all the information available to him to be able to supply that form and all the supporting evidence that is needed for it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I was a little while back looking for info on a visitors visa for mynow wife( before we were married). A year or so ago the financial requierement needed for a visa was $5000 in the bank for each person traveling. That would be to say that one has enough money to support them selves for the possible 3 months that one could stay.

Having said that when we went to our interview there were litterally hundreds of people waiting in line for visitors visas at the US embassy.

When talking to my wife about it she said that the word on the street was that the restrictions for visitors visas from Peru had been lightened up and that they were letting almost any one get a visa. Where as before you had to prove that you had a reason to return and had the financial means for support and these requierements were not as rigid as they once were.

I dont know how true this is but you should call the US embassy and ask them they could give you much information as it sounds like perhaps things have changed recently

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
I was a little while back looking for info on a visitors visa for mynow wife( before we were married). A year or so ago the financial requierement needed for a visa was $5000 in the bank for each person traveling. That would be to say that one has enough money to support them selves for the possible 3 months that one could stay.

Having said that when we went to our interview there were litterally hundreds of people waiting in line for visitors visas at the US embassy.

When talking to my wife about it she said that the word on the street was that the restrictions for visitors visas from Peru had been lightened up and that they were letting almost any one get a visa. Where as before you had to prove that you had a reason to return and had the financial means for support and these requierements were not as rigid as they once were.

I dont know how true this is but you should call the US embassy and ask them they could give you much information as it sounds like perhaps things have changed recently

That would be awesome. I don't have $10,000 in the bank and will have to start saving if that's the case, lol.

They've got the reason to return (they own their home, have grandchildren and greatgrandchildren, etc). His dad's also going to receive retirement funds from the gov't. They're also in their 60's.

Thanks for the advice! :)

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.