Sweetoosohni

Looks like NVC misplaced our originals......

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My wife had submitted original documents (birth/marriage/police certificates) to NVC alongwith DS-230 forms for her mother last month in a single packet. We recently received a checklist asking for police certificate and petitioner's birth certificate. When we called NVC, the operator said the same thing that these documents are required as they were not submitted.

How is it possible that they have received some documents in the same packet and did not receive the others? Anybody has a clue??? What should we do at this point? Anybody been thru similar situation? The only thing I can think of is to send a letter to NVC alongwith copies of requested documents and explain the situation. Any suggestions?

I-130 TIMELINE

12-5-04 Got married in Lahore, Pakistan

1-24-05 I-130 sent

1-31-05 NOA1 received in mail

3-22-05 Approved online

3-26-05 NOA2 received in mail

CASE APPROVED IN 55 DAYS

3-28-05 Case received at NVC

4-05-05 Case number assigned

4-11-05 AOS fee bill/ DS-3032 generated

4-14-05 Self-generated AOS/ DS-3032 sent

4-18-05 DS-3032 in system

4-25-05 IV fee bill generated

5-04-05 AOS fee in system (13 business days)

5-06-05 IV fee bill received (Finally!!!) and express mailed

5-09-05 I-864 generated

5-10-05 Self-generated I-864 packet sent

5-13-05 I-864 in system

5-23-05 I-864 review complete

5-23-05 IV fee in system (11 business days)

5-25-05 Self-generated DS-230 sent (Before Generation)

5-27-05 DS-230 in system

5-31-05 DS-230 generated

6-07-05 Case complete

6-21-05 Case forwarded to Islamabad

6-25-05 Letter received from NVC

CASE COMPLETED IN 63 DAYS

6-27-05 Case received at the embassy

6-28-05 Packet 3.5 sent out by the embassy

7-01-05 Packet 3.5 received

7-04-05 Packet 3.5 submitted

7-05-05 Embassy receives packet 3.5

7-21-05 Interview scheduled for 10-13-05

7-25-05 Embassy re-schedules interview for 8-10-05

8-10-05 Visa issued!!!

JOURNEY COMPLETED IN 201 DAYS

K-3 NOA1 date: 2-4-05 [RFE: 7-20-05]

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
My wife had submitted original documents (birth/marriage/police certificates) to NVC alongwith DS-230 forms for her mother last month in a single packet. We recently received a checklist asking for police certificate and petitioner's birth certificate. When we called NVC, the operator said the same thing that these documents are required as they were not submitted.

How is it possible that they have received some documents in the same packet and did not receive the others? Anybody has a clue??? What should we do at this point? Anybody been thru similar situation? The only thing I can think of is to send a letter to NVC alongwith copies of requested documents and explain the situation. Any suggestions?

Are NVC saying they got the DS-230 but not the Certificates or are they saying they have not got anything in reference to the DS-230.

When exactly did you mail the papers to NVC and did you get delivery conformation? It does take them a while to input the DS-230 into the system. We got a Checklist email as well, that was after we had sent the DS-230 and it had been deliverd to the NVC but was not yet in the system.

Have you spoken to a NVC officer on the phone? if so what did they tell you?

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Are NVC saying they got the DS-230 but not the Certificates or are they saying they have not got anything in reference to the DS-230.

When exactly did you mail the papers to NVC and did you get delivery conformation? It does take them a while to input the DS-230 into the system. We got a Checklist email as well, that was after we had sent the DS-230 and it had been deliverd to the NVC but was not yet in the system.

I spoke to NVC operator and was informed that these two documents are missing. He did say DS-230 packet was received which makes me think they have other documents.

I-130 TIMELINE

12-5-04 Got married in Lahore, Pakistan

1-24-05 I-130 sent

1-31-05 NOA1 received in mail

3-22-05 Approved online

3-26-05 NOA2 received in mail

CASE APPROVED IN 55 DAYS

3-28-05 Case received at NVC

4-05-05 Case number assigned

4-11-05 AOS fee bill/ DS-3032 generated

4-14-05 Self-generated AOS/ DS-3032 sent

4-18-05 DS-3032 in system

4-25-05 IV fee bill generated

5-04-05 AOS fee in system (13 business days)

5-06-05 IV fee bill received (Finally!!!) and express mailed

5-09-05 I-864 generated

5-10-05 Self-generated I-864 packet sent

5-13-05 I-864 in system

5-23-05 I-864 review complete

5-23-05 IV fee in system (11 business days)

5-25-05 Self-generated DS-230 sent (Before Generation)

5-27-05 DS-230 in system

5-31-05 DS-230 generated

6-07-05 Case complete

6-21-05 Case forwarded to Islamabad

6-25-05 Letter received from NVC

CASE COMPLETED IN 63 DAYS

6-27-05 Case received at the embassy

6-28-05 Packet 3.5 sent out by the embassy

7-01-05 Packet 3.5 received

7-04-05 Packet 3.5 submitted

7-05-05 Embassy receives packet 3.5

7-21-05 Interview scheduled for 10-13-05

7-25-05 Embassy re-schedules interview for 8-10-05

8-10-05 Visa issued!!!

JOURNEY COMPLETED IN 201 DAYS

K-3 NOA1 date: 2-4-05 [RFE: 7-20-05]

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I spoke to NVC operator and was informed that these two documents are missing. He did say DS-230 packet was received which makes me think they have other documents.

What did the NVC officer recommend to do? Is there any way you could have not included the police certificate for you mom and your birth certificate? Did you take a copy of the entire packet?

If it were me I think I would be getting duplicate documents as fast as I could and contact my congressman to see if he/she can get them to look for the missing doc if you are sure you included them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.