Juanitajuanes

technical details for I-129f and G-325

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

so, I am just now beginning to fill out the I-129f and the package deal. everything seems very clear to me especially with the help of this website but I have some slightly ridiculous technical questions:

1. My fiancé is Chilean his name is: Nelson Andres Solari Cerda.... it says to put family name in caps, that would be his two last names SOLARI CERDA correct? any other spanish speaking fiances?? and I understand this probably won´t make them approve or disapprove it , but I need to know just to make sure everything is easy to process and there are absolutely no questions!

2. while filling out past addresses I´m assuming the point is to know where you´ve been. I´ve used an address for mail 2 times while studying abroad (once in Germany and once here in Chile). I have all the addresses I need from both of those places, but will they want that permanent address as well?I never lived there, only had mail sent there.

3. does it really matter if you put N/A or none. ? where it says other names I put none where it asked for past spouses I put N/A. any problems there? I assume not. just use your brain ? :)

4. it asks you to list any occupation held abroad if not listed above within the work history section. I had a 5 month internship in Germany, unpaid, pure experience and part of my abroad program. does that constitute the need to include the information as an occupation abroad? I'm leaning towards no, but again help is always better than none!

5. also, how recommendable would it be to fill out forms in ink? I am leaving chile in 5 days and don't have my new address to put on some documents...thus I won't be able to do it on the computer to print out and have my fiance sign. we could have him sign it and mail it...but if we do it in ink I can have him sign and I can fill in the info when I get home and for sure have everything ready weeks faster (not toooo much faster, but still...)

okay that's all I got for now, I understand a few of those are almost laughable but hey, it's the typical beginners paranoia I suppose!

thanks for reading hopefully someone can clear those up!

Liberty :star:

Edited by Libertyhuskey

so, I am just now beginning to fill out the I-129f and the package deal. everything seems very clear to me especially with the help of this website but I have some slightly ridiculous technical questions:

1. My fiancé is Chilean his name is: Nelson Andres Solari Cerda.... it says to put family name in caps, that would be his two last names SOLARI CERDA correct? any other spanish speaking fiances?? and I understand this probably won´t make them approve or disapprove it , but I need to know just to make sure everything is easy to process and there are absolutely no questions! Put the family/last-name in the format it is shown on his passport.

2. while filling out past addresses I´m assuming the point is to know where you´ve been. I´ve used an address for mail 2 times while studying abroad (once in Germany and once here in Chile). I have all the addresses I need from both of those places, but will they want that permanent address as well?I never lived there, only had mail sent there. Put the address of the location you lived - they're not asking for mailing address'.

3. does it really matter if you put N/A or none. ? where it says other names I put none where it asked for past spouses I put N/A. any problems there? I assume not. just use your brain ? :)"N/A" and/or "None" are not interchangeable - they have different meanings. In the case of previous spouse, if you've had none, write "None."

4. it asks you to list any occupation held abroad if not listed above within the work history section. I had a 5 month internship in Germany, unpaid, pure experience and part of my abroad program. does that constitute the need to include the information as an occupation abroad? I'm leaning towards no, but again help is always better than none! Just put the internship occupation - you're kind of making this harder than it really is. If you decide to not list the internship, be sure to not leave unexplained gaps - you might list this internship period as "unemployed" or "student".

5. also, how recommendable would it be to fill out forms in ink? I am leaving chile in 5 days and don't have my new address to put on some documents...thus I won't be able to do it on the computer to print out and have my fiance sign. we could have him sign it and mail it...but if we do it in ink I can have him sign and I can fill in the info when I get home and for sure have everything ready weeks faster (not toooo much faster, but still...) Black ink - either by hand or by printer is acceptable. Which ever works for you.

okay that's all I got for now, I understand a few of those are almost laughable but hey, it's the typical beginners paranoia I suppose!

:thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

1. My fiancé is Chilean his name is: Nelson Andres Solari Cerda.... it says to put family name in caps, that would be his two last names SOLARI CERDA correct? any other spanish speaking fiances?? and I understand this probably won´t make them approve or disapprove it , but I need to know just to make sure everything is easy to process and there are absolutely no questions!

2. while filling out past addresses I´m assuming the point is to know where you´ve been. I´ve used an address for mail 2 times while studying abroad (once in Germany and once here in Chile). I have all the addresses I need from both of those places, but will they want that permanent address as well?I never lived there, only had mail sent there.

3. does it really matter if you put N/A or none. ? where it says other names I put none where it asked for past spouses I put N/A. any problems there? I assume not. just use your brain ? :)

4. it asks you to list any occupation held abroad if not listed above within the work history section. I had a 5 month internship in Germany, unpaid, pure experience and part of my abroad program. does that constitute the need to include the information as an occupation abroad? I'm leaning towards no, but again help is always better than none!

5. also, how recommendable would it be to fill out forms in ink? I am leaving chile in 5 days and don't have my new address to put on some documents...thus I won't be able to do it on the computer to print out and have my fiance sign. we could have him sign it and mail it...but if we do it in ink I can have him sign and I can fill in the info when I get home and for sure have everything ready weeks faster (not toooo much faster, but still...)

1. Yes, if those are the last names

2. They want your RESIDENCE address, where you lived. They are not sedning mail to you there

3. Probaly won't matter for an RFE. My mother would reject you for it and send you back for another lesson in English! If you have no previous spouse the correct answer is NONE, not N/A N/A means "not applicable" and the question in this case is certainly applicable, the answer is NONE

4. List it. Why would you "laen toward no'? Are you trying to save ink? Just list it, you could have done it faster than asking the question

5. Ink, printer, any combination thereof...does not matter. Only matters that they can read it. They say to use black ink, I used blue. I did not get an RFE for black ink.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Thanks! don't let your mom see this...:) I guess I just thought Not applicable to me because I never had spouses before...but if I actually thought about it I would have obviously answered none.

and as to leaning towards no, I just don't want to put more information than I need to. more info means more screw up possibilities and if I can avoid that, especially with something small, for five months I guess I thought not putting it would be more appropriate, but as you said just doing it can't hurt anybody.

thanks again!

1. My fiancé is Chilean his name is: Nelson Andres Solari Cerda.... it says to put family name in caps, that would be his two last names SOLARI CERDA correct? any other spanish speaking fiances?? and I understand this probably won´t make them approve or disapprove it , but I need to know just to make sure everything is easy to process and there are absolutely no questions! Put the family/last-name in the format it is shown on his passport.

2. while filling out past addresses I´m assuming the point is to know where you´ve been. I´ve used an address for mail 2 times while studying abroad (once in Germany and once here in Chile). I have all the addresses I need from both of those places, but will they want that permanent address as well?I never lived there, only had mail sent there. Put the address of the location you lived - they're not asking for mailing address'.

3. does it really matter if you put N/A or none. ? where it says other names I put none where it asked for past spouses I put N/A. any problems there? I assume not. just use your brain ? smile.gif "N/A" and/or "None" are not interchangeable - they have different meanings. In the case of previous spouse, if you've had none, write "None."

4. it asks you to list any occupation held abroad if not listed above within the work history section. I had a 5 month internship in Germany, unpaid, pure experience and part of my abroad program. does that constitute the need to include the information as an occupation abroad? I'm leaning towards no, but again help is always better than none! Just put the internship occupation - you're kind of making this harder than it really is. If you decide to not list the internship, be sure to not leave unexplained gaps - you might list this internship period as "unemployed" or "student".

5. also, how recommendable would it be to fill out forms in ink? I am leaving chile in 5 days and don't have my new address to put on some documents...thus I won't be able to do it on the computer to print out and have my fiance sign. we could have him sign it and mail it...but if we do it in ink I can have him sign and I can fill in the info when I get home and for sure have everything ready weeks faster (not toooo much faster, but still...) Black ink - either by hand or by printer is acceptable. Which ever works for you.

Liberty star_smile.gif

good.gif

Perfect, I appreciate it. :)

Vielen Dank

Edited by Libertyhuskey

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Thanks! don't let your mom see this...:) I guess I just thought Not applicable to me because I never had spouses before...but if I actually thought about it I would have obviously answered none.

and as to leaning towards no, I just don't want to put more information than I need to. more info means more screw up possibilities and if I can avoid that, especially with something small, for five months I guess I thought not putting it would be more appropriate, but as you said just doing it can't hurt anybody.

thanks again!

There is potentially a much bigger problem not to list it. Listing correct, accurate information does not cause problems. And my Mom says you must write 100 times "NA is not the same as NONE" Get writing!!!!!!!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.