MissusM09

you can get all your taxes back

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
ok - I thought about doing this as I left 6 months into a tax year but I never got a P45. So what do I do? I guess it went to my old address and never got forwarded!

Contact your last employer and request a duplicate P45, make sure you give them your current address in the US.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
ok - I thought about doing this as I left 6 months into a tax year but I never got a P45. So what do I do? I guess it went to my old address and never got forwarded!

I've just checked my P45 - it states that copies are not available! However, I would suggest as a first port of call you contact your last local tax office and explain that the P45 was never received (as opposed to being lost). With your NI number they should be able to pull up your records from their system. Where you go from there the tax office should be able to advise.

Good luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Bren & Ian & Matthew ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

04/05/2008 Met Online

06/30/2008 Ian visited Bren in US for 8 days

09/25/2008 Bren visited Ian in Scotland for six months

12/24/2008 We got engaged!

02/26/2009 We found out we are expecting a baby!!!

05/28/2009 Ian came to visit Bren in US for 8 days

10/07/2009 Baby Matthew born

01/25/2010 We got married!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~ AOS ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12/29/2009 POE Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport

01/25/2010 Married

02/22/2010 SSN Received

03/18/2010 Appt with CS for I-693

03/18/2010 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131

03/21/2010 AOS Package Delivered

03/29/2010 NOA1 email and text received for I-485, I-765 & I-131

04/01/2010 Hardcopies NOA1 received

04/21/2010 Biometrics letter received (scheduled 05/14/2010)

05/14/2010 Biometrics taken

05/15/2010 Touch on I-485 & I-765 (biometrics)

05/17/2010 Touch I-485 & I-765

05/20/2010 Letter received for interview

05/28/2010 I-131 & I-765 approved

06/04/2010 AP received in mail & EAD card production ordered

06/10/2010 EAD card received

06/25/2010 Interview (APPROVED!! YAYYY)

06/30/2010 Welcome to USA letter received

07/10/2010 Green Card Received!!!

04/30/2012 Removal of Conditions sent

11/13/2012 10 year Green Card received - no more USCIS until citizenship!!!!

scotland.gifusa.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Contact your last employer and request a duplicate P45, make sure you give them your current address in the US.

yeah i rang the tax office and they basically said the same thing. its alright though as it akes a good six weeks to get the money in the first place. To the person that applied for the rebate, and didnt hear anything back, did you ring the tax office to see what happened. Maybe it got lost, you never know?

i'm going to have to wait till i get the p45 from my last job, which will take 2 weeks so i'll probably get that money in september or thereabouts. It will come in handy. Anyone here have to do Self Assesment. I do, had a company which I never used. wonder if anyone here knows about them???

4650093_bodyshot_300x400_1285472169089.gif

• 1 month later...
Timeline

yeah i rang the tax office and they basically said the same thing. its alright though as it akes a good six weeks to get the money in the first place. To the person that applied for the rebate, and didnt hear anything back, did you ring the tax office to see what happened. Maybe it got lost, you never know?

i'm going to have to wait till i get the p45 from my last job, which will take 2 weeks so i'll probably get that money in september or thereabouts. It will come in handy. Anyone here have to do Self Assesment. I do, had a company which I never used. wonder if anyone here knows about them???

ok dont know if anyone is still reading this thread, but can someone help me with my self assessment and the p85, i'm going to do them today just want to make sure i'm doing it right. its sunday so no tax office is open.

help!!!

Filed: Timeline

I've just checked my P45 - it states that copies are not available! However, I would suggest as a first port of call you contact your last local tax office and explain that the P45 was never received (as opposed to being lost). With your NI number they should be able to pull up your records from their system. Where you go from there the tax office should be able to advise.

Good luck!

I know this was posted June 29th, but you can request a 'Statement of Earnings' from your past employer which details gross salary and tax paid. I did this for my US fiancee (we lived together in the UK) and this was accepted by Inland Revenue.

Timeline

Good luck!

I know this was posted June 29th, but you can request a 'Statement of Earnings' from your past employer which details gross salary and tax paid. I did this for my US fiancee (we lived together in the UK) and this was accepted by Inland Revenue.

thanks I will do that. i have 2007 - 2008 to do, its not straight forward. I just looked at it, i'm still waiting on my p45 from my employer to be redirected here. i dont know how to do this, do i send my p45 and p60 with the self assessment or do i just send them my p60 and send the p45's with the p85?

p.s

this and my last post, was posted today. i rejuvenated it to clarify these issues.

Edited by primahen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.