xboxaddict

SSN

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Question lang my fellow pinay about my SSN...

after 2 weeks of my entry here kumuha n ko ng SSN

now that I am married need ko ba bumalik pra ipabago

yung surname ko to my married name? mg e- xpired

yung I-94 ko this end of the month.

thank you all...

thank you all...

Yes you should but what i did was I applied for my SSn after we got married to have my married name on my SS card. Then I went back to the SS office as soon as I received my green card for them to replace my SS card that authorized me to work.

Your Card will be marked "NOT AUTHORIZED " for work pa till u get ur green card..correct me if am wrong ppl.

thank you all...

Yes you should but what i did was I applied for my SSn after we got married to have my married name on my SS card. Then I went back to the SS office as soon as I received my green card for them to replace my SS card that authorized me to work.

Your Card will be marked "NOT AUTHORIZED " for work pa till u get ur green card..correct me if am wrong ppl.

my wife just got her SS card and it didn't say anything about not authorized to work and she was registered under CR-1 status

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

Marriage : 2007-05-10

I-130 Sent : 2008-06-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-07-09

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-27

NVC Received : 2009-02-02

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-02-11

DS-3032 E-Mail accepted: 2009-02-11

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-02-14

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-02-14

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-02-18

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-02-11

IV Bill generated: 2009-02-11

Receive IV Bill : 2009-02-14

Pay IV Bill : 2009-02-14

Receive Instruction Package : 2009-02-18

NVC received both packages: 2009-02-20

DS-230 & I-864 scanned NVC: 2009-02-23

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-02-26

Interview confirmed: 2009-02-27

NVC Left : 2009-03-06

Consulate Received : 2009-03-09

Medical completed: 2009-03-20

Interview Date : 2009-04-03

Visa Received : 2009-04-07

US Entry : 2009-05-10

thank you all...

i didnt change mine till i got my GC. i also applied for SSN two weeks after i got here... i was lazy to go back and change it etc... but when i got my GC i went back just so everything matches (same name)... good luck!!!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

thank you all...

my wife just got her SS card and it didn't say anything about not authorized to work and she was registered under CR-1 status

cr1 are authorize to work when they get here in usa once they receive their ssn and green card...thats why they didnt put any mark saying "not authorized to work" because she is cr1. unlike k1 or k3 they need to get ead first before they can work.

thank you all...

I applied for my SSN after 1 week of my entry.Then went back to SSA after we got married to changed it to married name..on my ssn card it says "Valid for Work Only with DHS Authorization".

Once I receive my greencard..I will go to SSA again to inform them about my status from temporary resident (K1) to permanent resident so they will update it to their records and have them remove the restriction on my ssn card.

P.S.

You need to change your SSN to married name before your I-94 expires.At least 3weeks before it expires,or else they will tell you to come back when you have your EAD or GC already.

[b]What if my immigration          status or citizenship changed?[/b]
       If your immigration status changed or you became a U.S. citizen, you should tell Social Security so your records can be updated. To get your immigration status or citizenship corrected, you need to show documents that prove your new status or citizenship. Only certain documents can be accepted as proof of citizenship for new and replacement cards. These include your U.S. passport, a Certificate of Naturalization or a Certificate of Citizenship. If you are not a U.S. citizen, Social Security will ask to see your current immigration documents.

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

thank you all...

I was under cr1 visa before and received SSN with no restriction in my SSN..

You need to fill out Form SS-5 for name change, please refer to the link below.

http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/ssa.cf...amp;p_redirect=

jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.