Flofle

Clueless about medical exam

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

I got my appointment letter 2 days ago...Interview is scheduled for July 8th :)

Now what? When should I go do the medical exam? And where? I don't have any info... I only know that in Albania there are two appointments. I also heard that the 1st appointment should be exactly 2 weeks before the interview and the 2nd 1 week before the interview. Idk if that's correct.

I guess I'm gonna receive a letter from the embassy at some point that will guide me through this...but the thing is that Albanian mail it's kinda unreliable. That's why I would like to get some info from you guys, just in case I don't get the letter from the embassy (u never know). Thanks in advance.

05-08-2009 Mailed DS-230

05-13-2009 NVC website sign on failed

05-14-2009 NVC Case Complete

xx-xx-2009 Case left NVC

06-02-2009 interview date Assigned

07-08-2009 Interview

xx-xx-2009 Visa in hand

Usually it's up to you to make your medical appointment, prior to getting to the interview.

Most want you to do it 4-5 days before the actual interview (for processing) - but you should go by what your paticular embassy wants.

Look on the embassy website, most have detailed instructions on where to go, and when to do it.

(ok - just looked at their website - it has no info I can find. You may want to call/email them for the info)

Phone: 355 4 247 285 Ext 3348

Fax: 355 4 232 222

E-mail: IRC_Tirana@state.gov

Edited by Bobby_Umit

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
Usually it's up to you to make your medical appointment, prior to getting to the interview.

Most want you to do it 4-5 days before the actual interview (for processing) - but you should go by what your paticular embassy wants.

Look on the embassy website, most have detailed instructions on where to go, and when to do it.

(ok - just looked at their website - it has no info I can find. You may want to call/email them for the info)

Phone: 355 4 247 285 Ext 3348

Fax: 355 4 232 222

E-mail: IRC_Tirana@state.gov

Yeah I know, I already looked on the embassy webpage...well I guess I'll give them a call then. Thanks for replying!

05-08-2009 Mailed DS-230

05-13-2009 NVC website sign on failed

05-14-2009 NVC Case Complete

xx-xx-2009 Case left NVC

06-02-2009 interview date Assigned

07-08-2009 Interview

xx-xx-2009 Visa in hand

I got my appointment letter 2 days ago...Interview is scheduled for July 8th :)

Now what? When should I go do the medical exam? And where? I don't have any info... I only know that in Albania there are two appointments. I also heard that the 1st appointment should be exactly 2 weeks before the interview and the 2nd 1 week before the interview. Idk if that's correct.

I guess I'm gonna receive a letter from the embassy at some point that will guide me through this...but the thing is that Albanian mail it's kinda unreliable. That's why I would like to get some info from you guys, just in case I don't get the letter from the embassy (u never know). Thanks in advance.

My husband's medical was scheduled for him. He didn't have to do anything, just get his vaccination records from his doctor, and bring them to the appointment that they scheduled for him. They sent him a letter with an appointment and address (I think it came with or before the interview letter though). I don't know if it is different since you are already married (right?) and my husband's was a K1 fiance visa.

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.