Mc18

Pls. HELP ME ASAP!!! I-864 vs. I-864W

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi VJers, I am a CR1 filer and have a 2 yr old son. My case has completed NVC on May 15, 2009. We have filed a separate petition for my son last Feb. 2009 and his papers are also at NVC now. I have only received an IV bill for him by mail on April 27, 2009 and already paid the $400 online, but not the AOS bill since I hvent received any mail or email about that. NVC sent me an email today containing a checklist saying they have received the DS230 that they have requested and are still waiting for the AOS form I-864 processing fee of $70. It was also said that I shouldnt pay the fee if I havent received any AOS fee bill by mail or email.

Now I have also read the I-864W form, do I submit that together with my son's checklist instead of the I-864 since he is under 18 yrs of age at the time of admission or adjustment of status as stated in the instructiions. I am totally confused.

Please help me here.

thanks a lot.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.