john&louella

POE-need help!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys, need your help, i want to gather some information about Guam POE?

My fiance and i got confused of my POE, we thought of using Houston but looking at our itinerary seems like Guam should be my POE, how long does it take for them to process my papers upon entry?

we only have 90 minutes to spare at Guam before our next flight, i am worried that this time wont be enough for them to process everything. :(

anyways, here is our itinerary, can you guys tell if we can just use HOUSTON as my POE?

MANILA PHILIPPINE

(MNL) 10:55PM GUAM IS SW PAC

(GUM) 4:30AM 737-800 Snack

GUAM IS SW PAC

(GUM) 6:00AM HOUSTON BUSH INTL

(IAH) 7:35AM 767-400 Breakfast

HOUSTON BUSH INTL

(IAH) 2:15PM ASHEVILLE NC

(AVL) 5:29PM ERJ-145

:help:

John & Louella

misisB

Timeline

I don't have an answer to your question, but tend to agree with the other responder. Guam's airport is pretty small, so you should be okay. Out of all the airports I have cleared customs, Guam would be my number one pick. I would rank airports I have returned through like this from best to worst: Guam, Seattle, Houston, LAX... This is based soley on personal experience and personal preferance. I usually don't buy my ticket based on where I will clear customs, but would definately pick Guam as a POE for my fiance if the airfair was reasonable. I never even thought Guam was an option for POE for my fiance, but you got me thinking about it now. I haven't cleared customs in Guam in about 2 years, but it was fast the times I did. I arrived at night and the only line was from the people on the same plane I was on. Maybe I was just lucky in this, so don't count on that. I used to take the Continental flight that goes Manila, Guam, Hawaii, Houston before it got too expensive. Hopefully others will respond that have had there POE in Guam because its a good question.

LAX is the worst in my opinion because they schedule so many flights to arrive at the same time and they are unorganized. Houston isn't much better IMO on number of flights arriving, but is more organized. Seattle I heard is where customs agents are trained? I don't know if this is true, but it always seems to go quicker there. Good luck and be sure to post up on her POE experience after its over.

"The Brazos still runs muddy like she's run all along, there ain't never been no cane to grind, the cottons all but gone." R.E.K

Filed I-129F petition on Oct. 27th 2008
NOA1 Nov. 2008
NOA2 March 27th 2009
VSC sent notice that petition forwared to Manila on April 10th
Letter Finally recieved April 24th
June 10th interview date
Passed medical on May 26th (But, not allowed to get vaccinations)
June 10th Pink slip recieved (Yeee-hawww!!!) Consul interview lasted 5 min.
CFO- Completed in Cebu
POE-(LAX, Flew into together on July 17th, took only 5 min.)
Married August 11th (Now the AOS journey begins)

AOS
Recieved Packet Oct. 6th
Recieved NOA AOS, EAD, AP Oct. 17th.
Recieved Biometrics Appointment letter Oct. 23rd
Biometrics Appointment Nov. 2nd.
Advanced Parole approved Nov. 23rd
EAD Work Authorization received Dec. 6th
Permanent Resident Card and Welcome letter received Dec. 15th

96a46edb-2d4b-4f9c-98ae-240883a49565.jpg

Guam is a CBP port of entry (POE) - presumably you will clear CBP there and it will be your POE.

Guam is a pretty small airport so 90 minutes should be fine. :thumbs:

Agreed.

If it was me I wouldn't care, Since you and your fiance will be together. If you have to spend a day or two in Guam is it all that bad.

It seems like a great place to visit and explore...........

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Guam was my POE and it was so easy.I was travelling with my daughter and our stop-over there was 60mins only.Don't worry..staffs there are nice and Guam is a small airport only so you'll be fine.During my POE there..one of the staff there let me fell inline to USC..he said my daughter is USC so he let me fell inline there and it was my turned right away.

We flew via Continental Airlines.Didnt have problem about our baggages too bcoz it goes all the way to our final destination..Our itinerary was: Manila to Guam,Guam to Honolulu,Honolulu to Houston,Houston to Tampa then Tampa to Tallahassee.

Honolulu was my CBP.Thats the only stop-over where I had to get our baggages with the help of the staff there for my CBP checking,they just asked me what's was on my baggages and that's it.Told me to go to our next connecting flight and they took my baggages and they said I will get it on my final destination.

Are you flying via Continental Airlines?

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

Timeline

Hi There! Guam is my POE too..and as for my experience, it was just so easy going around. Their airport is small so i just followed all the people getting out. Then I formed in line at the customs and border (there were not too many people on the plane or even on the airport since we arrived at 4 in the morning). The border guy just asked me a few questions while checking my brown envelope and he had my finger print scanned and had me look at a camera. Then they let me enter a small room where they put all the immigrants entering US..there were a lot of immigrants and K1 or K3 visas that day (maybe around 15 that time). I waited for my name to be called and then they just told me that I have to get married by August...That's it. The people there are very friendly..u wont get lost just ask around..Have a safe trip!:)

~~They give out I-94 on the plane so make sure to fill it out~~

Edited by mae232

Feb. 11, 2012 - Sent ROC application

Feb. 13, 2012 - NOA 1 date

Feb. 18, 2012 - Received NOA 1

July 18, 2012 - ROC APPROVED!

Timeline
Guam is a CBP port of entry (POE) - presumably you will clear CBP there and it will be your POE.

such a relief to know this :whistle:

Thank you very much for the info.

God Bless us all.

Maraming Salamat.

misisB

Timeline
I don't have an answer to your question, but tend to agree with the other responder. Guam's airport is pretty small, so you should be okay. Out of all the airports I have cleared customs, Guam would be my number one pick. I would rank airports I have returned through like this from best to worst: Guam, Seattle, Houston, LAX... This is based soley on personal experience and personal preferance. I usually don't buy my ticket based on where I will clear customs, but would definately pick Guam as a POE for my fiance if the airfair was reasonable. I never even thought Guam was an option for POE for my fiance, but you got me thinking about it now. I haven't cleared customs in Guam in about 2 years, but it was fast the times I did. I arrived at night and the only line was from the people on the same plane I was on. Maybe I was just lucky in this, so don't count on that. I used to take the Continental flight that goes Manila, Guam, Hawaii, Houston before it got too expensive. Hopefully others will respond that have had there POE in Guam because its a good question.

LAX is the worst in my opinion because they schedule so many flights to arrive at the same time and they are unorganized. Houston isn't much better IMO on number of flights arriving, but is more organized. Seattle I heard is where customs agents are trained? I don't know if this is true, but it always seems to go quicker there. Good luck and be sure to post up on her POE experience after its over.

I am so thankful for each replies, this will help me a lot to be prepared enough on what may happen and things to be done upon POE, thank you so much.

misisB

Timeline

Agreed.

If it was me I wouldn't care, Since you and your fiance will be together. If you have to spend a day or two in Guam is it all that bad.

It seems like a great place to visit and explore...........

thanks tallcoolone! :thumbs:

misisB

Timeline
Guam was my POE and it was so easy.I was travelling with my daughter and our stop-over there was 60mins only.Don't worry..staffs there are nice and Guam is a small airport only so you'll be fine.During my POE there..one of the staff there let me fell inline to USC..he said my daughter is USC so he let me fell inline there and it was my turned right away.

We flew via Continental Airlines.Didnt have problem about our baggages too bcoz it goes all the way to our final destination..Our itinerary was: Manila to Guam,Guam to Honolulu,Honolulu to Houston,Houston to Tampa then Tampa to Tallahassee.

Honolulu was my CBP.Thats the only stop-over where I had to get our baggages with the help of the staff there for my CBP checking,they just asked me what's was on my baggages and that's it.Told me to go to our next connecting flight and they took my baggages and they said I will get it on my final destination.

Are you flying via Continental Airlines?

yes maam via Continental Airlines.

Truly i felt so relief knowing that 90 would be enough :thumbs:

i so am thankful that i found this group.

Thank you Guys!

Hi There! Guam is my POE too..and as for my experience, it was just so easy going around. Their airport is small so i just followed all the people getting out. Then I formed in line at the customs and border (there were not too many people on the plane or even on the airport since we arrived at 4 in the morning). The border guy just asked me a few questions while checking my brown envelope and he had my finger print scanned and had me look at a camera. Then they let me enter a small room where they put all the immigrants entering US..there were a lot of immigrants and K1 or K3 visas that day (maybe around 15 that time). I waited for my name to be called and then they just told me that I have to get married by August...That's it. The people there are very friendly..u wont get lost just ask around..Have a safe trip!:)

~~They give out I-94 on the plane so make sure to fill it out~~ ok i will sure do remember, thanks! thank you for the reply.

misisB

yes maam via Continental Airlines.

Truly i felt so relief knowing that 90 would be enough :thumbs:

i so am thankful that i found this group.

Thank you Guys!

Ok,you'll be fine.Continental service is good and staff are nice.And they will take care of your baggages.

Happy Trip!!!

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.