getosled

OK a few more Questions about what my Fiance can do....

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok.. We sent our I-129F Packet in. We are just waiting for NOA2. Then the Embassy letter. What can my fiance do while we are waiting on that? I have helped her fill out the 156, 156k, 157 also the affidavite of support. She just Extended her Passport for a year, and we both have the Original I-129f Packet.

So... someone in a previous post said she can go ahead and do her medical while she waits... good idea or no?

also. go get the apllication fee paid at Citi or BDO , she has to take what form 156, 156k, or the 157 ?

what we would like to do is have everything done prior to the embassy letter so when we call we can just get the earliest date possible because I may still be in country.

I really wish I had a good reason to send in a letter to try and have them expidite this.

Ill be with her for a few days this month and for a week or so next month so anything I can help her with I will...

Alot of this process is really confusing. I just hope We have everything covered.

-Wayne

I 129F Packet sent March 23 2009

Check Cashed March 30 2009

NOA1 April 02 2009

TOUCH September 01 2009

TOUCH September 02 2009

NOA2 September 08 2009

NVC Received September 10 2009

NVC Forwarded to Embassy 15 September 2009

Embassy Received 18 September 2009

Interview October 01 2009 Passed!!!!

POE Anchorage Alaska 11 October 2009!

Married October 17 2009 ( informal wedding; real wedding in the USA June 2010, in Philippines June 2011)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
Ok.. We sent our I-129F Packet in. We are just waiting for NOA2. Then the Embassy letter. What can my fiance do while we are waiting on that? I have helped her fill out the 156, 156k, 157 also the affidavite of support. She just Extended her Passport for a year, and we both have the Original I-129f Packet.

So... someone in a previous post said she can go ahead and do her medical while she waits... good idea or no?

also. go get the apllication fee paid at Citi or BDO , she has to take what form 156, 156k, or the 157 ?

what we would like to do is have everything done prior to the embassy letter so when we call we can just get the earliest date possible because I may still be in country.

I really wish I had a good reason to send in a letter to try and have them expidite this.

Ill be with her for a few days this month and for a week or so next month so anything I can help her with I will...

Alot of this process is really confusing. I just hope We have everything covered.

-Wayne

I would wait till I get the notice to do medical. Just follow the procedure and she will not be lost. Usually the Embassy gave the petitioner a letter to give to the accredited hospital that will do examination for her.

My advise is, she should have renew her passport or get the new readable passport, to avoid problem or delay in the future.. The process varies to different people, the waiting time for visa process, interview etc.. sometime take 1 year more or less.. So I would advisem since you just sent the petition, have her apply for a new passport.

jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

-Wayne

be sure that u followed everything in 129 F instructions.. or else you will revceive RFE (request for evidence)... just liked what happened to us.. my fiance did not include our Biographic information.. that's the reason for the delayed of our NOA 1... nweiz once u dont have a problem... You'll receive NOA 1 stating your petition has been approved and forwarded to NVC... then NVC will review that and will send u a letter from NVC stating that the beneficiary will get the packet within a week or 2 wks...in our case i got mine after a month...nweiz that letter includes also case number... give that to your fiance... tell her to read the interview preparation on the site given in the letter...the preparation includes the required documents... so while your fiance is waiting for the appointment letter... your fiance is preparing the documents needed for the interview.... now, when your fiance gets the appointment letter it means you can call now or she may call the given call center number for appointment date....they will give dates and you can choose... regarding medical.. atleast 2 wks b4 the interview... you can go there anytime monday to friday.. walk in..bring 2x2photos, apointment letter, medical fee and your passport....

Timeline

-Wayne

I would wait till I get the notice to do medical. Just follow the procedure and she will not be lost. Usually the Embassy gave the petitioner a letter to give to the accredited hospital that will do examination for her.

My advise is, she should have renew her passport or get the new readable passport, to avoid problem or delay in the future.. The process varies to different people, the waiting time for visa process, interview etc.. sometime take 1 year more or less.. So I would advisem since you just sent the petition, have her apply for a new passport.

Thanks, she has already applied for a new passport/ renew her passport. She has traveled to several countries so passport will not be an issue. I dont think medical will be either since she had to do a medical before every trip out of country.

I 129F Packet sent March 23 2009

Check Cashed March 30 2009

NOA1 April 02 2009

TOUCH September 01 2009

TOUCH September 02 2009

NOA2 September 08 2009

NVC Received September 10 2009

NVC Forwarded to Embassy 15 September 2009

Embassy Received 18 September 2009

Interview October 01 2009 Passed!!!!

POE Anchorage Alaska 11 October 2009!

Married October 17 2009 ( informal wedding; real wedding in the USA June 2010, in Philippines June 2011)

I would send her to the dentist and get all her dental work taken care of in PI, since it's about 10 times cheaper in PI.

Have her get a Driver License in PI, even if she can't drive. Have her find a friend who works at Driver Licenses department and tip them enough money so they will give her a Driver Licenses, Not a student licenses. That way when she gets to USA she can drive or you can teach her to drive and she will be able to get around when you are at work. Some states make it very hard to get a DL in USA, My wife wasn't allowed to get one until she had her EAD card or GC.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Timeline

I would suggest that she better wait for the NOA2 Approval notice sent to her, and once you get that approval NOA2,You can now call USEm then they will issue you a case number that starts MNL---------- that number is the one you will need in filling up forms at St.Luke's clinic during medical exam

[color="#000080]yes she can bring the DS 157 form, and also BDO can provide one for her to fill up,either way she will be fine.

(one of my ds157 form came from BDO and i filled it up hand written,then i provided another copy that was filled up online, and it went fine) :thumbs:

[/color]

for the mean time, she can start preparing and organizing the forms she will be needing such as DS 156, DS 156K and DS 157, proofs of genuine relationship, such as emails, letters,chatlogs, pictures,plane stubs/itineraries, anything that she think will help her prove that your relationship is for real.

Goodluck guys, i know it is kinda confusing and stressful ive been there, chill...you guys will make it!

-Wayne

misisB

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It would help in the interview if you start having joint bank accounts now or joint credit card. Ask your bank for forms that you could bring and she can sign when you visit her.

05/18/07 married

05/29/07 sent I-130s for me & my daughter at CSC

06/16/07 checks for I-130 cashed

06/19/07 sent I-129F not waiting for noa1 but with printed online copies of checks cashed

06/25/07 check for I-129f cashed

06/29/07 transferred I-129f to CSC

07/03/07 received noa1 in the mail for I-129f

10/31/07 approved K3 and my I-130 except for my daughter

11/05/07 received NOA2 in the mail

12/01/07 received mail from NVC/yey we got our case number

12/20/07 went to St. Lukes and had my early medical exam

01/30/08 schedule for medical

02/07/08 interview, approved!

02/12/08 visa pick-up/cfo

02/14/08 POE-LAX

06/19/08 AOS mailed thru USPS

06/22/08 AOS delivered to Chicago IL

06/28/08 check cashed

06/30/08 received NOA1 dated 06/25/08

07/26/08 biometrics appointment

09/09/08 received EAD card in the mail

12/03/08 received interview letter for Jan 21 2009

01/21/09 approved for conditional permanent residence

02/02/09 permanent residence card arrived in the mail

10/21/10 submit form to remove conditions

01/21/11 10 year gc received

03/05/12 mailed my N-400

03/06/12 received email that they have my N-400

04/05/12 biometrics

It would help in the interview if you start having joint bank accounts now or joint credit card. Ask your bank for forms that you could bring and she can sign when you visit her.

Not really.

More than likely his case will be transferred to CSC for AOS and will be approved without AOS Interview.

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Timeline

Not really.

More than likely his case will be transferred to CSC for AOS and will be approved without AOS Interview.

The OP's fiancee is still in the Philippines and have not done medical or interview yet and my suggestion was to help her fiancee provide more proof of ongoing relationship when she does have her interview at US embassy

05/18/07 married

06/19/07 sent I-129F not waiting for noa1 but with printed online copies of checks cashed

02/14/08 POE-LAX

06/28/08 check cashed

03/05/12 mailed my N-400

04/05/12 biometrics

Not really.

The OP's fiancee is still in the Philippines and have not done medical or interview yet and my suggestion was to help her fiancee provide more proof of ongoing relationship when she does have her interview at US embassy

Joint accounts are used for AOS.

Most will not put a fiance as a co signer on a Bank Account, nor is getting a joint Credit card a good plan before marriage

The info you posted is more for AOS.........

Timeline

Not really.

Most will not put a fiance as a co signer on a Bank Account, nor is getting a joint Credit card a good plan before marriage

It may not work people who have trust issues with their fiancee but it will be an advantage to those who doesn't. The consul in the embassy will likely see this as a proof that the couple has a bonafide relationship.

05/18/07 married

02/14/08 POE-LAX

06/28/08 check cashed

03/05/12 mailed my N-400

04/05/12 biometrics

Timeline

Not really.

It may not work people who have trust issues with their fiancee but it will be an advantage to those who doesn't. The consul in the embassy will likely see this as a proof that the couple has a bonafide relationship.

I gave my fiance a Visa debit card with my name on it about a year ago. Its a seperate sub account to my bank account. I can transfer money online from one account to the other with no problems. I told my bank to put okay to use in the RP so it wouldn't be turned off. I put a limit on the Visa/debit card I gave her in case she lost it or got snatched. This has been one of the best things I have done. We have business there, and this has saved 100's of dollars in Wire fee's. She also has her own BDO account. Trust was never an issue, because we have known eachother for a long time. If ever she needs money, she gives me a call and I transfer it to that account and she goes to the ATM and gets her cash. She has saved all the ATM reciepts, and we put them with the sub-account statement I printed out in order to help show support. Even though its a little unorthodox and her name is not on it, I hope it helps show proof of genuine relationship or atleast supports our other documents and proof. The dates on the ATM receipts are times when I am in the U.S.A. so it shows she is the one using the account or atleast thats my hope of how if will be viewed.

"The Brazos still runs muddy like she's run all along, there ain't never been no cane to grind, the cottons all but gone." R.E.K

Filed I-129F petition on Oct. 27th 2008
NOA1 Nov. 2008
NOA2 March 27th 2009
VSC sent notice that petition forwared to Manila on April 10th
Letter Finally recieved April 24th
June 10th interview date
Passed medical on May 26th (But, not allowed to get vaccinations)
June 10th Pink slip recieved (Yeee-hawww!!!) Consul interview lasted 5 min.
CFO- Completed in Cebu
POE-(LAX, Flew into together on July 17th, took only 5 min.)
Married August 11th (Now the AOS journey begins)

AOS
Recieved Packet Oct. 6th
Recieved NOA AOS, EAD, AP Oct. 17th.
Recieved Biometrics Appointment letter Oct. 23rd
Biometrics Appointment Nov. 2nd.
Advanced Parole approved Nov. 23rd
EAD Work Authorization received Dec. 6th
Permanent Resident Card and Welcome letter received Dec. 15th

96a46edb-2d4b-4f9c-98ae-240883a49565.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.