godsavethequeen

Flag waving

244 posts in this topic

godsavethequeen,

I think your cheeky little self is forgetting that some people have no sense of humor!

(L)

I-751 Submitted August 2008

RFE Nov. 5, 2008 for incorrect fee

Nov. 6, 2008 Package returned to VSC with correct fee

NO COMMUNICATION FROM USCIS WHATSOEVER!

August 29, 2009 Letter of Intent to start removal proceedings

August 31, 2009 Letter and Phone with Congressman's office

Sept. 3, 2009 Infopass

Sept. 4, 2009 New I-751 submitted with another fee

Sept. 25, 2009 I-797C NOA received with 1 year extention dated Sept. 14, 2009

Oct. 2, 2009 NOA2 Biometrics Letter Appointment received

Oct. 9, 2009 Biometrics

Oct. 12, 2009 Updated on USICS website

Jan. 12, 2010 RFE

Feb. 2, 2010 RFE Returned

Feb. 4, 2010[/b ]RFE Received by USCIS

Feb. 19, 2010 EMAIL, TEXT & WEB UPDATE! CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED! Hallelujah!

Feb. 22, 2010 Second Email and text stating card production ordered.

Feb. 24, 2010 Email and Text stating Approval notice mailed.

Feb. 25, 2010 Approval letter I-797C dated 2/19/2010 received.

Feb. 27, 2010 Green Card arrived!! Envelope postmarked 2/23

Vintage Gifts & Upcycled Art!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
It seems after some discussion elsewhere in this forum, that it is the considered opinion of others that to immigrate to the US I should become a Stars and Stripes Waving, Republican Voting, Gun Toting, Free Will Denying, Bend over and take it up the ### Immigrant from the UK.

Are we allowed to express ourselves freely in the US or is there a gagging order, we sign at the consul interview??

hmm.....we have less freedom this side of the Pond? So, what would happen in the UK if I bought a hand gun and used it to defend my family or property?

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We have a police force that is supposed to protect us!!

You'd possibly be arrested for illegal possession of a firearm. Those things ain't allowed here. ...and to kill to protect youself or family is mostly considered murder here.

Are you trying to say you have more freedoms because you can buy a firearm?? That is plain stupid in my humble opinion. Who are you protecting your family from?? Fellow Americans and their freedom to bear arms to protect themselves??

We have knife culture, cut throat, close combat, white of the eyes stuff. Not the cowardly telescopic sight sniper.

UK-Royal-Standard-HM-Queen.gif

Down With The Monarchy

Timeline

It is the British right to talk ####### about Britian. In fact it is our civil duty. Self deprivation is a national past-time.

Why can't I go there and talk ####### too. The Bush's been ####### talking years now. ....and the UK and America have this special relationship. We bend over and they give it us.

I only want the US to be with my wife. but we'll stop this process because you can't take a little criticism / British Irony!!

For folks sake!!

Don't you mean deprication?? :lol:

now THAT is irony...booyakkashah

maybe I meant self defecating. The C & the V are next to each other here on the keyboard in harmony

Down With The Monarchy

Filed: Timeline
:cry: What are we crying about in here? It was my understanding that it was a choice to come to the US and you asked permission to do so and now you are complaining :blink:

Lifting Conditions- Nebraska Service Center

3-22-2007: Sent out I-751

3-24-2007: Received at NSC

3-27-2007: Official USCIS received date

3-30-2007: Both checks cashed and case number received

4-05-2007: NOA1 received in mail with correct case number

4-05-2007: NOA1 case number works online

4-06-2007: Received Biometrics appointment notice

4-17-2007: Biometrics Appointment and TOUCHED :)

5-02-2007: Greencard expires

Dec 2007: Received extention until Dec 2008

5-09-2008: Card production ordered!! FINALLY!!!

Naturalization!!!!

Finally getting around to N-400... Filed under 5 years of PR status

5-11-2010: Sent out N-400 - Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

5-13-2010: Received at Lockbox

5-25-2010: Checks Cashed :)

5-28-2010: NOA received but case number doesn't work

6-04-2010: Case number works online and says RFE sent 6-2-10

6-07-2010: Received letter for biometrics

6-22-2010: Biometrics appointment

7-24-2010: Received interview letter

8-26-2010: Interview-PASSED!!

9-30-2010: Oath Ceremony Indianapolis

Bloody English :hehe:

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

Filed: Timeline

You'd possibly be arrested for illegal possession of a firearm. Those things ain't allowed here. ...and to kill to protect youself or family is mostly considered murder here.

Are you trying to say you have more freedoms because you can buy a firearm?? That is plain stupid in my humble opinion. Who are you protecting your family from?? Fellow Americans and their freedom to bear arms to protect themselves??

We have knife culture, cut throat, close combat, white of the eyes stuff. Not the cowardly telescopic sight sniper.

*sigh*

How can a humble person call something "plain stupid?"

In America, you have the right to bear arms, not shoot at individuals who do not pose a direct threat to you or others. However, these laws vary drastically by state. Vermont is almost entirely open in terms of firearm ownership, and New York City bans handguns like Britain. This, however, would detract from your sweeping statements about this vicious monocultural nation of 300 million.

In the UK, you have the right to own a car, not crash them into other people or cars. Furthermore, the police drive cars. Who are they protecting you from? Often, fellow citizens who also drive cars. This, in your "humble opinion," is plain stupid. Best ban the mechanical beasts. They only spook livestock into giving sour milk anyhow. You would replace it with a culture of horses and jousting. Car ownership is just cowardly.

*sigh*

How can a humble person call something "plain stupid?"

In America, you have the right to bear arms, not shoot at individuals who do not pose a direct threat to you or others. However, these laws vary drastically by state. Vermont is almost entirely open in terms of firearm ownership, and New York City bans handguns like Britain. This, however, would detract from your sweeping statements about this vicious monocultural nation of 300 million.

In the UK, you have the right to own a car, not crash them into other people or cars. Furthermore, the police drive cars. Who are they protecting you from? Often, fellow citizens who also drive cars. This, in your "humble opinion," is plain stupid. Best ban the mechanical beasts. They only spook livestock into giving sour milk anyhow. You would replace it with a culture of horses and jousting. Car ownership is just cowardly.

:o Gerard where have you been??

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Self-defence is murder?? :huh: So, I guess I'm supposed to graciously let the nice home-invasion robber break into my house and do whatever he likes to me and my family?? :blink: Part of the reason we have the right to bear arms is so that we are not dependant on the State to protect us. The police cannot be everywhere, and are not your personal bodyguards. Their job is to protect society as a whole by catching criminals, usually after they have committed a crime. A criminal is not going to wait while the police respond to your 911 call before attempting to harm you.

I'm not interested in having "knife culture, cut throat, close combat, white of the eyes stuff" (so very "civilized", that :wacko: ), I simply want the predators in society stopped before they can do any harm to innocents, and I intend to make sure the odds are highly stacked in favour of the innocents.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.

Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

---Benjamin Franklin

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Timeline

Yes if you defend yourself with extreme force, a Gun, knife, stick or your bearhands and kill or even maim that is considered a crime in British law. You can restrain!! Whatever that means. If someone breaks in a house and robs you, yes it is wrong but to shoot the robber with a gun when the robber is unarmed in the UK is murder. People "defending" themselves have gone to prison for it.

So you're trying to say someone stealing to feed themselves deserve killing ....err sorry you were defending your property and it is a US right to bear arms and defend what is yours. Sounds wrong to me.

The knife culture is not something to be proud of. I was trying to give you facts with slight sarcasm, but I forget that it is lost on most of you.

...And UK police (the bobbie ......:lol ) are never anywhere to be seen either. Killing others is wrong even in self defence.

Are invaders, thiefs, house breakers really running rampage over the US that the population need to own 12 Guns each. Surely you can only shoot 2 x 6 shooters at a time?? and think of the children and family members caught in your cross-fire. ...but that must be a hazard in defending ones property in a civilised society.

P.S. Kid annoyed at school goes borrow Pa's gun and mow down their class mates. Not happened here, ever!!

Edited by godsavethequeen

Down With The Monarchy