php2

Medical Exam @ St. Luke's

9 posts in this topic

Hi fellow Filipino/s,

We are just waiting for the appointment letter needed for the medical exam. I am just curious about

the types of procedure done in the medical. Can you please cite them in detail? Plss.....

Did you undergo?

urinalysis?

fecalysis? (did you bring stool?)

breast exam?

blood extraction?

chest x-ray?

height, weight measurement?

Hepa A/B vaccination?

Flu vaccination?

If you were given vaccinations, how much per vaccine?

All I know is I have to pay $213.35 (peso equivalent) and $7 repeat x-ray (in Php). Am I right?

Thank you so much in advance!!

-php2

Filed: Timeline
Hi fellow Filipino/s,

We are just waiting for the appointment letter needed for the medical exam. I am just curious about

the types of procedure done in the medical. Can you please cite them in detail? Plss.....

Did you undergo?

urinalysis?

fecalysis? (did you bring stool?)

breast exam?

blood extraction?

chest x-ray?

height, weight measurement?

Hepa A/B vaccination?

Flu vaccination?

If you were given vaccinations, how much per vaccine?

All I know is I have to pay $213.35 (peso equivalent) and $7 repeat x-ray (in Php). Am I right?

-php2

after filling up the form and submitting it to them, they will give you a flow chart on what you are going to do there, and don't worry for each floor there is a US counter who can assist you, at the ground floor they will take a picture of you and finger scan your right index finger, after that you'r going to pay the fee at 5th floor at the right side of the elevator, then they will send you either to the 3rd floor for chest x-ray or to the 4th floor for the laboratories where you need to sign a consent form for HIV testing, blood will be extracted for HIV screening, pregnacy test will be taken(that's the urine is for),after that you'll be instructed to go to the 5th floor where height and weight as well as your BP will be measured, eye testing follows( if you have an error of refraction bring your eyeglass), then the US counter will assign you a room where physical exam will be perform, after a brief interview with the doctor, she will ask you to disrobe( don't go to SLEC during your menstrual period, they will not perform the PE if you have a period during that time), they will do breast examination and check for any scars for previous suicide attempts, after the PE you need to go back to the US counter at the 5th floor where they will instruct you to proceed to the 2nd floor where immunization history will be taken, vaccinations are given that is age appropriate, flu vaccines are not also required, probably you'll be receiving MMR and Tdap shots, don't worry you don't have to pay anything for the vaccines, it's already included in the $213.35 you paid them, (if you have receive MMR and Tdap vaccines before bring a certification from your doctor), when your done with the immunization history interview, they will instruct you to come back a day after for the results, take note they will not tell you the results, but you'll know that you passed the medical once they tell you you can proceed for the immunization, the guard will check it on the computer if you passed the medical, if everything is ok you will be instructed to go to the 2nd floor(it's a long wait talaga mind you) your name will be called at the check-out counter, then hintay-hintay uli:-), then they will call you for the actual immunization, after that they will instruct you to proceed to the ground floor for the releasing of your immunization records and further instructions, ay eto super wait ka talaga:-) no fecalysis din pala

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
Hi fellow Filipino/s,

Did you undergo?

urinalysis? YES

fecalysis? (did you bring stool?) NO F/A

breast exam? IN PHYSICAL EXAM

blood extraction? YES

chest x-ray?YES EXCEPT FOR PREGNANT

height, weight measurement? YES

Hepa A/B vaccination? DEPENDS ON THE DOC, THEY WILL CONDUCT VACCINATION INTERVIEW

Flu vaccination? DEPENDS

If you were given vaccinations, how much per vaccine? INCLUDED IN THE PAYMENT, ALSO INCLUDED IS THE HPV VACCINE FOR CERVICAL CARCINOMA, GIVEN TO LADIES 26 Y/O BELOW ONLY ACCND TO CDC GUIDELINE

-php2

BRING 3 PICS WITH NAMES WRITTEN ON THE BACK, RECORED YOUR FIRST DAY OF LAST MENSTRUAL PERIOD

AOS

Sept. 17 '09 : TB skin testing done : "0 mm" -> NEGATIVE

Sept. 22 '09 : completed documents

Sept. 23 '09 : AOS & EAD sent via USPS

Sept. 24 '09 : received 1:55pm signed by R. Mercardo

Sept. 29 '09 : ff. up SSN, no news from USCIS =(

Sept. 30 '09 : NOA1 Date

Oct. 2 '09 : check cashed

Oct. 5 '09 : NOA1 hardcopy received

Oct. 8 '09 : touches on AOS and EAD

Oct. 9 '09 : received Biometrics Appt. letter

Oct. 16 '09 : AOS moved to CSC

Oct. 19 '09 : received email about transfer

Oct. 21 '09 : Biometrics Appointment - done

Oct. 22 '09 : AOS and EAD touched

Oct. 23 '09 : AOS touched

Oct. 26 '09 : AOS touched

Nov. 2 '09 : AOS touched

: received email of case transfer to CSC dated Oct. 16

: case pending at CSC

Nov. 3 '09 : AOS touched

Nov. 5 ' 09 : received email at 8:00 pm EAD APPROVED

Nov. 10 '09 : received email : CARD PRDUCTION ORDERED

Nov. 13 '09 : received email : CARD SENT

Nov. 15 '09 : EAD CARD RECEIVED

Dec. 1 '09 : email GC card production ordered

Dec. 2 '09 : email permanent resident registered

Dec. 3 '09 : email PR approval sent

Dec. 5 '09 : GC RECEIVED

Aug.30 '12 : sent N-400 packet

Sept. 4'12 : delivery confirmation by USPS/Priority Date as per USCIS

Sept.6'12 : text&email USCIS Received Application

Sept. 7 '12 : check cashed

Sept.14 '12 : biometrics letter delivered

Sept.24 '12 : biometrics appt at 8am

Thank God,last time to deal with USCIS

First Day:

Bring appointment letter form USEM, confirmation letter send by the call center, passport, 3 visa pictures, money (for payment), black pen.

1.Fill up some forms. After filling the forms, handed it to the SLMEC receptionist and she interviewed you (Where is your POE? Have you been done with x-ray? etc.), digital photograph will be taken after.

2. Payment in PESO at 5th Floor.

3. X-ray. Shirt and bra off. Wear a gown.

4. Blood extraction at 4th floor. At the reception they will asked you to fill up a HIV consent form. Urine sample at the 4th floor, is used to determine if u are pregnant and some other test.

5. US Counter: Vital signs : BP, pulse rate, respiration rate and eye check-up at 5th floor.

6.Vaccination interview at 2nd floor (Bring any vaccinations record or if you don't have, just tell the doctor. You will be asked many questions like, do u have sexual contact after your period? Have u been pregnant? Were you hospitalized? Is there any operation done? Do u have allergies?

7. Physical exam at 5th floor (Be ready to undress ,no underwares at all. The doctor will interview you many silly questions like, how old are u? Where u convicted for any crime? Did u use drugs, shabu, morphine, marijuana,etc? Have you been insane? Do u have brain damage or mind problem? Do u have HIV desease, AIDS, any communicable diseases? Do you had tattoos? Do u have previous operation? Were u confined in the hospital? Do u have eye problem? Do u have your eyeglasses with you? Dental, etc.. You will be told to completely undress and lay on the bed. The doctor will check your throat, mouth, breast, private parts and check whether you have ####### problems. She will check you all over to see if u have skin problems, tattoos, skin rashes,etc.

8. Go back to 2nd floor and asked to go back. First Day of medical done!

Second Day:

1. The guard checked medical fee receipt and passport. "Go to 2nd floor for vaccination ".

2. Go to the Check out Counter and asked for my passport and two pcs. visa photos.

3. Then vaccination.

Note: Your First and last day of menstruation

2008 K1Timeline:

I-129F Application

10/25 Received letter from USEM

11/21-11/22 Med Exam

12/02 Interview date, 7AM (Approved)

12/10 Visa on Hand

Date & Place of POE: 12/17 Detroit

03/10/09 Wedding

2009 AOS / EAD / AP Timeline:

4/07 Mailed AOS Package

4/08 Package received

4/14 Cashed Check/

4/18 Biometrics I-485

4/29 Biometrics done

5/02 CSC Transferred

5/05 I-485 Touched (This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred)(30 days)

5/12 I-485 Touched

5/15 EAD Card Production Ordered and AP Approval notice sent

5/18 EAD/AP Touched

5/20 Touched

5/21 AP Received by Mail (44days)

5/22 EAD Received by Mail (45days)

6/25 GC card production ordered!

6/30 Welcome Letter notice received dated 6/26

7/07 Approval notice sent

7/08 GC received by mail

2012 N-400 Timeline:

5/22 Sent

5/30 Cashed Check

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Jokris27, pRetTy_aNgeL & Jeff&Madz,

FYI, I passed the medical exam! Thank you for all the tips!

-php2 :D

Congrats!!! Quick question, did they keep your passport? my parents just went through their medical today and the people in st. lukes told my parents that they will be the one sending it to the embassy. not sure if this is really the process.

USCIS I-130 for Parents

08/27/2008 - Send I130 to Chicago LockBox

09/01/2008 - NOA1

09/09/2008 - Check cashed

09/11/2008 - Touched

12/22/2008 - Case transfered to California SC

12/23/2008 - Touched

12/30/2008 - Touched

12/31/2008 - Touched

01/02/2009 - Touched

01/08/2009 - NOA2 email for my father - got approved after 128 days of receiving NOA1

01/12/2009 - NOA2 email for my mother - got approved after 132 days of receiving NOA1

---0--- NVC Journey (not rushing) ---0---

01/12/2009 - father's case entered into the system

01/15/2009 - mother's case entered into the system

01/16/2009 - father's ds3032 and AOS bill generated

01/21/2009 - email father's ds3032

01/22/2009 - mother's ds3032 and AOS bill generated

01/23/2009 - email mother's ds3032

01/23/2009 - paid AOS bill online

01/28/2009 - father's ds3032 accepted (after 8 days of sending the email)

01/29/2009 - mother's ds3032 accepted (after 7 days of sending the email)

04/30/2009 - sent ds-230 with documents

05/08/2009 - sign-in Failed

05/11/2009 - case completed both parents

06/15-16/2009 - medical

07/07/2009 - interview. PASSED!!! THANK GOD!!!

??/??/2009 - visa received

Hi Jokris27, pRetTy_aNgeL & Jeff&Madz,

FYI, I passed the medical exam! Thank you for all the tips!

-php2 :D

Congrats!!! Quick question, did they keep your passport? my parents just went through their medical today and the people in st. lukes told my parents that they will be the one sending it to the embassy. not sure if this is really the process.

yes, that is really the process u dont have to worry :thumbs:

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.