17 posts in this topic

One of the best options here is to call your congressman, for me your case is good for this.

:time: for your user or in your signature.

hey i call the congressman today. and they asking my info he said that hes going to email me the application. i dont know what is that...

i wonder if i should i meet him personal and pay it uhhhh...

He probably means the "Privacy Release Form". Which you have to sign for them before they can start inquiring on your behalf.

idont know i think so, he call me 3 mins. ago and he send already to my email and the thing he got wrong email to send. just still wait..hey do you have any idea should i pay him and meet him personal. i just wonder this is my first time to encounter like this. never either attorney

hey i check my email thats right the PRIVACY ACT FORM i have to send it back to him he said that.

Fill out the form give all the details it requires, send it to him via email. I don't think you have to pay the congressperson etc.

Contact the immigration laison of your congressperson and ask him to do an inquiry and ask when will he get back to you, wait for his response if he/she doesn't get back to after the duration he/she specified call them again to inquire.

Keep calling them once or twice a week if you don't hear from them until you get your approval.

Good Luck.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Riokatrine and Everyone,

Yes, you can file for the N-400, as long as you have met all the requirements there. In fact, by filing the N-400, this further "expedites" your pending I-751 case, which needs to be approved first before your N-400 is approved.

As I posted before here on VJ, this is what happened to me and how I dealt with such when I asked my Congressperson (who then referred me to their "Immigration Expert") to further expedite my I-751 case, after 8+ months of waiting.....

Congressional Intervention, after 8 months+ waiting (April 13 2009)

I-751: Congressional Inquiry and Pregnancy Stuff…, Ant's "Next Step", after 8+ months of I-751 waiting!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=191796&hl=

And about 2 days later....after an "official inquiry"....I was approved (April 15 2009), with the "approval letter" received in the mail via USPS (April 18 2009) 3 days later....(which I'm happy about, by the way....)

But....I'm still waiting for the actual plastic 10yr green card for the last month or so (which puts my actual completion waiting timeline for the I-751 at 10 months or so)....Oh well...

Nevertheless, I encourage you and everyone else to contact their local Congressperson, Senator, etc. for intervention, as it sure helped for me, and I hope it will help you all too for any difficulties you are experiencing.

This is especially more so when your case is out of the "processing times", as they "promised" to meet their goal of processing I-751s "within 6 months", and to not meet that goal/promise isn't right to the "paying customer", especially when one has to pay so much for it, and yet get so little use out of it. Bad customer service from the USCIS, indeed!

Overall, regardless of immigration and personal situation, I think justice is needed for all who are going through this immgration process. We all need "better USCIS customer service", right?

And yes, even if it means getting the "elected officials" involved! After all, we vote (or will vote when we get US Citizenship) for them to work on our behalf, so why not ask them for help when needed?

Hope this helps. Good luck with the rest of your immigration journeys!

Ant (Still waiting for Card 10 Months, Still waiting for Baby 9 Months...)

P.S. As for "forms and paperwork" needed when contacting your congressperson, all that was required was:

-A "Privacy Release Form" (which I downloaded from the internet for free from my congressperson's website)

-A Cover Letter

-Additional Evidence about the case and reason for expedite

-Note: No Fee (It's Free!) is required for the congressperson to inquire/expedite with the USCIS about your case. You can choose to meet your congressperson personally (or their office staff) personally, as that would be helpful there too to further explain your case (which I did), but this is optional though.

i751 RECEIVED its says on the case online status... but no notice and no production i am waiting 11 months now. can i file n400 without copy of green card but i have i551 stamp passport i751 noa1,noa2 and a bunch of requirements and all the things are ready.

hey i call the congressman today. and they asking my info he said that hes going to email me the application. i dont know what is that...

i wonder if i should i meet him personal and pay it uhhhh...

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.