Divorced UsedBad

In AP, not denied but please read and help if you can

2 posts in this topic

Husbands interview was May18, 2009 Cairo Egypt

Bad news.. My income for 2008 was just under the required amount, even though it was brought to their attention that time was taken off for travel and also sickness.. and that this year, 2009 I will earn more with new job.

NVC did inform me that it was up to the Embassy to decide whether to look at 2009 income. A letter from new employer was also sent. The embassy says I need a co-sponsor for my husband. Problem is.. I do not have one. I wrote to my State Senator and just sent in the form allowing him to talk on my behalf.

I have not heard back yet .. but still praying..

He was given an AP paper and told to send required documents then wait for phone call.

Has anyone had this happen?

If in the end.. if the embassy refuses to consider 2009 income, will I be able to resubmit financial documents in January 2010 showing income for 2009.. also... will it have to be paid for again? Is there a time limit? Any help here would be appreciated. Lara and Mohamed

Edited by Lara and Mohamed

Happy 8 Year Anniversary My Love May 27, 2016

Husbands interview was May18, 2009 Cairo Egypt

Bad news.. My income for 2008 was just under the required amount, even though it was brought to their attention that time was taken off for travel and also sickness.. and that this year, 2009 I will earn more with new job.

NVC did inform me that it was up to the Embassy to decide whether to look at 2009 income. A letter from new employer was also sent. The embassy says I need a co-sponsor for my husband. Problem is.. I do not have one. I wrote to my State Senator and just sent in the form allowing him to talk on my behalf.

I have not heard back yet .. but still praying..

He was given an AP paper and told to send required documents then wait for phone call.

Has anyone had this happen?

If in the end.. if the embassy refuses to consider 2009 income, will I be able to resubmit financial documents in January 2010 showing income for 2009.. also... will it have to be paid for again? Is there a time limit? Any help here would be appreciated. Lara and Mohamed

I think it would be to late to submit evidence for this visa (2010) - the application is only valid for so long, unless the embassy extends it.

Did you send the new 2009 tax info?

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.