Merlion@

How long does it take?

10 posts in this topic

Hello from Miami! I would like to ask how long does it normally take for green card conditions to be removed. Do you know if it takes longer if I moved from one state to another? How long did it take you to get the card approved? Thank you!

Hello from Miami! I would like to ask how long does it normally take for green card conditions to be removed. Do you know if it takes longer if I moved from one state to another? How long did it take you to get the card approved? Thank you!

Conditions removed? You mean from a conditional card?

90 days before the 2 year anniversary - you file to remove conditions.

Time to get it approved? varies.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp

You can figure out a current processing time and make a general guess.

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

Conditions removed? You mean from a conditional card?

90 days before the 2 year anniversary - you file to remove conditions.

Time to get it approved? varies.

Yes, time to get approved. That's what I meant.

Thank you! If I'm filing from Florida, which processing center do I check? Sorry if it's a basic question, I just started to research this. I'm eligible to apply in June.

You would send yours to the Vermont Service Center. They are processing applications from 08/08, so about 9 months behind this month currently.

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

I-765

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

Removal of Conditions:

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

Thank you everyone!

I have a follow-up question. I previously posted on the forum about my marriage and how things are getting worse by the day. Yesterday I packed up my stuff and left. I went to a shelter who is helping me with housing and relocation costs. It is really difficult but the abuse is getting worse by the day...

One issue that we have is that he is veru controling, jealous without reason and refused over time to make friends. Since one of the requirements to remove conditions is that we send letters from friends attesting that our marriage is bona fide, can the process be done without such letters? Everytime I suggested that we meet my coworker and her fiance he said "what do you need friends for?" or "why meet with them? why do they want to know my business for?" etc. or "i do not trust friends, i do not trust anybody" he said he doesn't even trust himself whatever that means.

Things are hard as they are. The organization put me in a hotel for 2 weeks...but it is really far and almost in the ghetto so I do not feel safe there at all. If I go back and apply with him, can we do it without the above letter? Please do not judge me, my self-esteem is so low at the moment, my eyes red from crying. Today I finally told a coworker about what is happening..i was afraid they'll judge me and i'll lose my job if i say anything, but she promise she won't say anything...God only knows if she'll keep her word but at least i told somebody if God forbid something happens to me and I don't get to work the next day. Thank you for listening.

I did not send any affidavits with my recent application. I figure if they are really needed that they will ask for them. I am sorry to hear about all you have been going through. Please don't be ashamed or worried about what people will think of you. Your employer should be understanding and supportive. You have done a brave thing by leaving and should feel proud. I wish you the best with everything.

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

I-765

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

Removal of Conditions:

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

Thank you! If I'm filing from Florida, which processing center do I check? Sorry if it's a basic question, I just started to research this. I'm eligible to apply in June.

Thank you everyone!

I have a follow-up question. I previously posted on the forum about my marriage and how things are getting worse by the day. Yesterday I packed up my stuff and left. I went to a shelter who is helping me with housing and relocation costs. It is really difficult but the abuse is getting worse by the day...

One issue that we have is that he is veru controling, jealous without reason and refused over time to make friends. Since one of the requirements to remove conditions is that we send letters from friends attesting that our marriage is bona fide, can the process be done without such letters? Everytime I suggested that we meet my coworker and her fiance he said "what do you need friends for?" or "why meet with them? why do they want to know my business for?" etc. or "i do not trust friends, i do not trust anybody" he said he doesn't even trust himself whatever that means.

Things are hard as they are. The organization put me in a hotel for 2 weeks...but it is really far and almost in the ghetto so I do not feel safe there at all. If I go back and apply with him, can we do it without the above letter? Please do not judge me, my self-esteem is so low at the moment, my eyes red from crying. Today I finally told a coworker about what is happening..i was afraid they'll judge me and i'll lose my job if i say anything, but she promise she won't say anything...God only knows if she'll keep her word but at least i told somebody if God forbid something happens to me and I don't get to work the next day. Thank you for listening.

Hi Merlion@,

Sorry to hear about your situation. First of all please fill in your time line. :time: . Click My Assistant > Edit / Add my Timeline .

Please read the USCIS instrustion for I-751 (Removal of conditions) here

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-751instr.pdf

To answer your 1st question, the processing of I-751 varies. You can send the document to either Vermont Service Center (VSC) or California Service Center (CSC) based on what state you live in.

If you will be filing from florida, according to I-751 Instructions you should send your dcouments to VSC.

VSC has a goal of 6 months this year for I-751 but they are very slow and unpredictable and cases can take 12-14 months.

CSC also has a goal of 6months for processing I-751 and they are very fast in case processing but have been bit slow in the card production.

For a complete list of documetns read this.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=182620

Please fill I-751 90 days before your GC expires e.g If GC expires 04-01-09 the 90 day window will start 01-01-09, don't file before 90 days as USCIS will return your application. Do file after your GC expires e.g. 04-01-09 , you will put into deportation proceedings.

I would suggest file at least 2 months (60 days) before your GC expires, so that you have plenty of time to get NOA (Notice of Action, which is application acceptance receipt and extension of work and stay for 1 year, i.e. it's a temporary GC) or if they send your application back you can refile it without worrying about filing close to GC expiration.

Now to your situation, I would suggest you to try marriage counseling, and file jointly with your husband, which much better way and hussle free. No one here on VJ doubts your intention of marriage.

If you want to file without your husband and don't want to life with him anymore, then other legal and ethical way is get a divorce first and file I-751 as a divorcee with divorce decree as adiditonal proof and with the notion that you entered the marriage in good faith etc.

I hope it helps. If you have more questions, please feel free to ask.

I hope things work out for you.

Good Luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.