cfagh1

no packet yet

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I received notification from NVC that application was approved and forwarded to embassy on April 14, 2009. My fiance has not received his packet or any thing yet from New Delhi embassy. Other timelines that I looked at didn't take very long to recivie the packet. I don't know what to do now. Any advise?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

People's timelines tend to be different. Some have to wait more than others.

Your fiance could start gathering all or some of the documents needed for the interview. Also, you could start working on the Affidavit of Support. The beneficiary could also check the American Embassy/Consulate in India website and see what is needed for the interview. Some websites even have the forms available. This way, when the beneficiary receives the packet from the consulate, they will have something done already, just to make the process shorter. Good luck!

K-1 TIMELINE:

05-11-2009: NOA1

05-20-2009: called the Military Help Line and requested for expedite

06-04-2009: NOA2

06-14-2009: NVC letter received in the mail

07-02-2009: Packet 4 received

08-27-2009: Interview - Visa approved!

09-03-2009: visa in hands.

09-20-2009: POE - Miami

09-21-2009: we got married!

AOS TIMELINE:

05-12-2010: NOA1

06-08-2010: Case transferred to CSC

06-21-2010: Biometrics

Timeline

Your fiance could start gathering all or some of the documents needed for the interview. Also, you could start working on the Affidavit of Support. The beneficiary could also check the American Embassy/Consulate in India website and see what is needed for the interview. Some websites even have the forms available. This way, when the beneficiary receives the packet from the consulate, they will have something done already, just to make the process shorter. Good luck!

Thanks! That 's what we'll do and I'll call the embassy on tuesday.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
I received notification from NVC that application was approved and forwarded to embassy on April 14, 2009. My fiance has not received his packet or any thing yet from New Delhi embassy. Other timelines that I looked at didn't take very long to recivie the packet. I don't know what to do now. Any advise?

We went through Delhi and it took my fiance a long time to receive the packet in the mail. For some reason it took like 3 weeks for it to make it to him in Noida! We called DOS a couple times a week until they told us that the Embassy had received it, then we printed the forms from online (DS230 Part 1 and the Applicant statement is all you need) and mailed them to the Embassy. We had already mailed them before he even received Packet 3. Same with Packet 4, basically I called DOS twice a week and found out the interview date from them well before we received Packet 4!

Timeline

We went through Delhi and it took my fiance a long time to receive the packet in the mail. For some reason it took like 3 weeks for it to make it to him in Noida! We called DOS a couple times a week until they told us that the Embassy had received it, then we printed the forms from online (DS230 Part 1 and the Applicant statement is all you need) and mailed them to the Embassy. We had already mailed them before he even received Packet 3. Same with Packet 4, basically I called DOS twice a week and found out the interview date from them well before we received Packet 4!

Thanks! That makes me feel better. I was worried that they might have lost everything. Did you send anything else at this point besides the SD230 part 1 and the applicant statement?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks! That makes me feel better. I was worried that they might have lost everything. Did you send anything else at this point besides the SD230 part 1 and the applicant statement?

Nope, that was it for Packet 3. The rest you will bring to VFS 7-10 business days prior to your interview. Let me know if you need anything...we are always here to help!

Timeline

we never waited for packet 3, we just saw it online and followed instructions also with great help from vjer's

it was good we didnt wait because my fiance never recieved it

Known each other since we were kids ! =]

08/24/08-Engaged

01/10/2009- Sent

01/12/2009-NOA1

03/17/09- NOA2

03/25/09- NVC recieved

3/26/09- Forwarded to New Delhi Embassy

4/6/09- Packet 3 sent

4/8/09- Sent packet 3 to embassy

4/13/09-Embassy Sent packet 4

4/20/09- Recieved packet 4

4/25/09- Medical - passed =]

5/04-09- Gave paperwork to VFS

5/14/09- Intreview

Approved!!!!!!!!!!

5/26/09- POE at SFO

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks! That 's what we'll do and I'll call the embassy on tuesday.

You are welcome. Good luck gathering all the paperwork together and on the upcoming interview! :thumbs:

K-1 TIMELINE:

05-11-2009: NOA1

05-20-2009: called the Military Help Line and requested for expedite

06-04-2009: NOA2

06-14-2009: NVC letter received in the mail

07-02-2009: Packet 4 received

08-27-2009: Interview - Visa approved!

09-03-2009: visa in hands.

09-20-2009: POE - Miami

09-21-2009: we got married!

AOS TIMELINE:

05-12-2010: NOA1

06-08-2010: Case transferred to CSC

06-21-2010: Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.