mkatt8

K1 & K2 Medical Experience (Annuled women, please read)

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My son and I went for our medical last Monday, May 18th of 2009. We got to SLEC quarter to 6AM and the guards were letting people in already. I showed the following documents to the guard:

2 photocopies of the Letter I got from USEM MNL stating eligibilty for Medical & Interview (with the MNL case number)

My son's passport and mine.

Then from there, the guard will give you PDS forms to be filled out, including DS156K form 'for their file'. Plus a number will be handed out to each applicant. Please make sure to have these info ready:

MNL Case Number

Passport Number

Your Fiance's Address & contact number in the U.S.A.

Name, address & contact number of your Fiance's relative in the U.S.A.

(For annuled women like me)

Date & Place of Marriage

How & When was Marriage terminated

Our numbers then were called. They had to take a photo of each applicant. And then, fall in line at the Reception area for encoding of data and submission of PDS Forms. They asked for (2) 2X2 photos from my son and (1) from me. Please make sure to write your full name at the back of each photo.

Then, we were told to proceed to the 5th Floor to pay the medical fees at the Cashier.

Adult - P10,454.15

Child - P9,082.15 (14 years of age and below)

(It would be nice if you had the exact amount ready)

Then on the same floor, our vital signs,height & weight & eye test were taken.

Then we were told to go to the 2nd floor for Immunization Interview and Tuberculin test for your child.

I brought along my sons baby book. Please also know the license number of your pediatrician.

I was told that I was getting 3 shots. It would've been only 2 but I had no chicken pox marks to show them.

My son also gets 3 shots. We were told to come back 2 days after to find out the Tuberculin test of my son.

If you have your baby book, you will be asked to bring two photocopies of your baby's immunization record.

Then I was told to get my X-Ray on the 3rd floor wherein you have to squeeze in with other women in a small dressing room.

In here, you need to take off only your top including your bra and wear their robe. No dangling earrings and for long hair, you will be asked to tie them up. Children will not go through X-Ray unless their Tuberculin Test is positive.

Then off we go to the 4th floor. Your blood will be extracted for HIV test and Urine for Pregnancy Test. Again, your child will not go through this.

Last but not the least... US Counter, 5th floor. Here, my son went first because I had to be in the cubicle with him. The male doctor asked a few questions and told my son to disrobe.

Then it was my turn, the lady doctor will ask you questions then tell you to disrobe. They check your arms for needle marks (drug use) and slashes (if you have suicidal tendencies).

Then the lady at the US counter will give you back your passports and receipts. These will be shown to the guard when you return. We were out of there by 12noon.

DAY 2 - May 20, 2009

We were told to be there at 9AM. Showed our passports & receipts to the guard. We went straight to 2nd floor to have my son's Tuberculin test read. I was so relieved when the doctor said the test were negative. FYI - You would know if your child is positive if the injected part swells. I asked the doctor of course,because I was curious.

Then my name was called at that same floor and asked to proceed at the check out counter and I was asked to give them (2) 2x2 Passport size photos. Again, please make sure to jot down your full name at the back of each photo.

Again, my name was called to proceed to the Immunization Room (same floor). Had my 3 shots which was surprisingly not bad.

The lady nurse was good. I even requested if she could do the shots for my son later. After awhile my name was called to proceed at a certain counter, Ground floor (Releasing Area). I was asked if I had with me a photocopy of my annulment papers. Both Certificate of Finality and the Decision papers. Of course, I did not have it because I never came across a post that mentioned anything about bringing them with you. Anyways, the guy at the counter asked me if I was the petitioner and who was found psychologically incapacitated? I said, I was the petitioner and the respondent (your ex-husband) was found psychologically incapacitated. Then he said, In that case, You won't be needing to undergo psychological evaluation. I was given back my passport and receipt and told to come back the next day and bring the photocopy of the finality and decision. This is where I decided to write this post. To save you guys another trip of going to SLEC. Then finally my son's name was called at the check out counter (2nd floor) and we had to give them (2) 2x2 photos. Then wait for his name to be called in the Immunization room. Fortunately enough, the same lady nurse had my son's record so she did my son's shots. After your immunizations, you will be told to go down to the Ground floor for Releasing. Now THIS part is the long wait. It was around 345pm when I decided to ask if we could just go back tomorrow for my son's releasing paper since I had to go back anyways to bring in my annulment papers. And they said, it was ok.

Day3 - May 21, 2009

The guy told us to come back at 9AM and we did. Showed passport and receipt to the guard. Submitted my papers directly to the guy that told me to come back. Told us to take a seat and wait for our names to be called. I saw him reading my papers while he was on the phone. At this moment, I was getting nervous. Then he placed the phone down and seemed like everything was okay. He just needed to see that I was indeed the petitioner and that the respondent was the one who was found psychologically incapacitated. My son's name was called and then soon after, I heard my name. We were given our personal copy of Immunization Records and I was given a CD containing my X-RAY result. SLEC will be the one to forward your passport/s to the USEM. My son and I were so happy we were done and out in an hour.

TIPS:

Food is not allowed but people were able to sneak in crackers and chips. Just make sure the guard does not see it upon entering.

We also brought with us 2 small bottles of water. This, you can bring in. There are also water fountains stationed on each floor, if I'm not mistaken.

Print and bring with you a copy of the map of SLEC.

LADIES - know the date of your first and last day of menstruation. This would be asked on the form and personally by the nurse and doctor. And wear comfortable clothes for the wait and clothes that would be easy for you to disrobe.

TO MOTHER'S - There are no Tuberculin test on a Thursday. So make sure you go on other days. Results will take 2 days.

There will be times that you will be told to have your lunch first or just come back because it will take 2 hours for them to type up the result or the room is full and some nurses took their break so we suggest you take yours too. Well, we didn't move an inch. And our names were called short after.

If you can bring extra copies with you like extra passport size photos and an extra copy of the letter from the USEM, why not.

Lastly to those women who were annulled but are not the petitioner and you were the one who was found psychologically incapacitated... According to SLEC : MNL USEM requires you to undergo Psychological evaluation. I inquired more about this and this was what the nurse told me at the Releasing counter. You will be asked to call and book for an appointment. He was not certain of the fee but the nurse said around P2,000 or less. And then, results will take 4-5 days.

I know this is such a long post but if i could save you another trip of going to SLEC, well and good.

Good luck to everyone!

My son and I went for our medical last Monday, May 18th of 2009. We got to SLEC quarter to 6AM and the guards were letting people in already. I showed the following documents to the guard:

2 photocopies of the Letter I got from USEM MNL stating eligibilty for Medical & Interview (with the MNL case number)

Then from there, the guard will give you PDS forms to be filled out, including DS156K form 'for their file'. Plus a number will be handed out to each applicant. Please make sure to have these info ready:

MNL Case Number

Passport Number

Date & Place of Marriage

Our numbers then were called. They had to take a photo of each applicant. And then, fall in line at the Reception area for encoding of data and submission of PDS Forms. They asked for (2) 2X2 photos from my son and (1) from me. Please make sure to write your full name at the back of each photo.

Then, we were told to proceed to the 5th Floor to pay the medical fees at the Cashier.

Adult - P10,454.15

Then we were told to go to the 2nd floor for Immunization Interview and Tuberculin test for your child.

I brought along my sons baby book. Please also know the license number of your pediatrician.

I was told that I was getting 3 shots. It would've been only 2 but I had no chicken pox marks to show them.

My son also gets 3 shots. We were told to come back 2 days after to find out the Tuberculin test of my son.

If you have your baby book, you will be asked to bring two photocopies of your baby's immunization record.

Then I was told to get my X-Ray on the 3rd floor wherein you have to squeeze in with other women in a small dressing room.

In here, you need to take off only your top including your bra and wear their robe. No dangling earrings and for long hair, you will be asked to tie them up. Children will not go through X-Ray unless their Tuberculin Test is positive.

Then off we go to the 4th floor. Your blood will be extracted for HIV test and Urine for Pregnancy Test. Again, your child will not go through this.

Last but not the least... US Counter, 5th floor. Here, my son went first because I had to be in the cubicle with him. The male doctor asked a few questions and told my son to disrobe.

Then it was my turn, the lady doctor will ask you questions then tell you to disrobe. They check your arms for needle marks (drug use) and slashes (if you have suicidal tendencies).

Then the lady at the US counter will give you back your passports and receipts. These will be shown to the guard when you return. We were out of there by 12noon.

DAY 2 - May 20, 2009

We were told to be there at 9AM. Showed our passports & receipts to the guard. We went straight to 2nd floor to have my son's Tuberculin test read. I was so relieved when the doctor said the test were negative. FYI - You would know if your child is positive if the injected part swells. I asked the doctor of course,because I was curious.

Then my name was called at that same floor and asked to proceed at the check out counter and I was asked to give them (2) 2x2 Passport size photos. Again, please make sure to jot down your full name at the back of each photo.

Again, my name was called to proceed to the Immunization Room (same floor). Had my 3 shots which was surprisingly not bad.

The lady nurse was good. I even requested if she could do the shots for my son later. After awhile my name was called to proceed at a certain counter, Ground floor (Releasing Area). I was asked if I had with me a photocopy of my annulment papers. Both Certificate of Finality and the Decision papers. Of course, I did not have it because I never came across a post that mentioned anything about bringing them with you. Anyways, the guy at the counter asked me if I was the petitioner and who was found psychologically incapacitated? I said, I was the petitioner and the respondent (your ex-husband) was found psychologically incapacitated. Then he said, In that case, You won't be needing to undergo psychological evaluation. I was given back my passport and receipt and told to come back the next day and bring the photocopy of the finality and decision. This is where I decided to write this post. To save you guys another trip of going to SLEC. Then finally my son's name was called at the check out counter (2nd floor) and we had to give them (2) 2x2 photos. Then wait for his name to be called in the Immunization room. Fortunately enough, the same lady nurse had my son's record so she did my son's shots. After your immunizations, you will be told to go down to the Ground floor for Releasing. Now THIS part is the long wait. It was around 345pm when I decided to ask if we could just go back tomorrow for my son's releasing paper since I had to go back anyways to bring in my annulment papers. And they said, it was ok.

Day3 - May 21, 2009

The guy told us to come back at 9AM and we did. Showed passport and receipt to the guard. Submitted my papers directly to the guy that told me to come back. Told us to take a seat and wait for our names to be called. I saw him reading my papers while he was on the phone. At this moment, I was getting nervous. Then he placed the phone down and seemed like everything was okay. He just needed to see that I was indeed the petitioner and that the respondent was the one who was found psychologically incapacitated. My son's name was called and then soon after, I heard my name. We were given our personal copy of Immunization Records and I was given a CD containing my X-RAY result. SLEC will be the one to forward your passport/s to the USEM. My son and I were so happy we were done and out in an hour.

TIPS:

Food is not allowed but people were able to sneak in crackers and chips. Just make sure the guard does not see it upon entering.

We also brought with us 2 small bottles of water. This, you can bring in. There are also water fountains stationed on each floor, if I'm not mistaken.

LADIES - know the date of your first and last day of menstruation. This would be asked on the form and personally by the nurse and doctor. And wear comfortable clothes for the wait and clothes that would be easy for you to disrobe.

TO MOTHER'S - There are no Tuberculin test on a Thursday. So make sure you go on other days. Results will take 2 days.

There will be times that you will be told to have your lunch first or just come back because it will take 2 hours for them to type up the result or the room is full and some nurses took their break so we suggest you take yours too. Well, we didn't move an inch. And our names were called short after.

If you can bring extra copies with you like extra passport size photos and an extra copy of the letter from the USEM, why not.

Lastly to those women who were annulled but are not the petitioner and you were the one who was found psychologically incapacitated... According to SLEC : MNL USEM requires you to undergo Psychological evaluation. I inquired more about this and this was what the nurse told me at the Releasing counter. You will be asked to call and book for an appointment. He was not certain of the fee but the nurse said around P2,000 or less. And then, results will take 4-5 days.

I know this is such a long post but if i could save you another trip of going to SLEC, well and good.

Good luck to everyone!

I am very impress with your post, i am glad you made this, it would be a great reminder to everyone. Godbless you

Timeline

MNL Case Number

Passport Number

Date & Place of Marriage

Adult - P10,454.15

DAY 2 - May 20, 2009

Day3 - May 21, 2009

TIPS:

Good luck to everyone!

thanks a lot for your post. great help for me on my medical next week. i will surely bring copies of my annulment papers. thanks again and God bless!

riza

Timeline

MNL Case Number

Passport Number

Date & Place of Marriage

Adult - P10,454.15

DAY 2 - May 20, 2009

Day3 - May 21, 2009

TIPS:

Good luck to everyone!

I am very impress with your post, i am glad you made this, it would be a great reminder to everyone. Godbless you

Thank you kilipit. Was glad to post it. Cheers!

Timeline

MNL Case Number

Passport Number

Date & Place of Marriage

Adult - P10,454.15

DAY 2 - May 20, 2009

Day3 - May 21, 2009

TIPS:

Good luck to everyone!

thanks a lot for your post. great help for me on my medical next week. i will surely bring copies of my annulment papers. thanks again and God bless!

riza

You are very welcome Riza. I'm sure your medical will be fine. Good luck!

• 2 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is a great help.

K-1 VISA APPLICATION

June 13, 2011 - Application send to USCIS thru Fedex

June 17, 2011 - I-129F Packet received by USCIS Signed for by: JCATES

June 22, 2011 - NOA1 (via email)

Oct. 12, 2011 - NOA2 (on USCIS website)

Nov. 28, 2011 - VISA APPROVED . Thank you Lord!!!

For more Info: Please look at my timeline...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.