kurtwwalters

What is "touched"?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am new to this forum - and I checked the FAQ... what does "touched" mean in some member's timelines? Please forgive if this is a dumb question.... thank you in advance

Officially engaged 3/25/2006

I-129F submitted 5/23/2006

I-129F received 5/24/2006

NOA1 received 6/9/2006

RFE received 6/29/2006

RFE mailed 6/30/2006

RFE arrived at USCIS 7/1/2006

RFE arrival notice email (and a touch) from USCIS dated 7/6/2006

NOA2 Approval on 7/25/2006

NOA2 received in the mail 7/30/2006

NVC received approved I-129F packet 8/3/2006

NVC Letter received 8/5/2006

Waiting for packet to arrive at the US Embassy in Manila....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

It means that someone did something with your application I would think...doesn't mean anything major has happened, but it's not just sitting there gathering dust.

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline
It means that someone did something with your application I would think...doesn't mean anything major has happened, but it's not just sitting there gathering dust.

...and I would know that sombody did something with it how...? I don't see anything that would show me that at USCIS.

NOA1 received 6/9/2006

RFE received 6/29/2006

RFE mailed 6/30/2006

Timeline
You can log onto the USCIS website and check your case number to find out if it has been updated. It'll say "touched" and the date it was touched.

I have checked there... I guess I will know what it looks like there once I've been "touched". Thank you.

NOA1 received 6/9/2006

RFE received 6/29/2006

RFE mailed 6/30/2006

Filed: Timeline

First, you need to keep track of the date your case was Last Updated. Then you need to keep track of the Current Status: message. If the date of the last update changes, and the status message remains the same, your case has been "touched".

It will not tell you online that your case has been "touched" as a previous poster mentioned.

First, you need to keep track of the date your case was Last Updated. Then you need to keep track of the Current Status: message. If the date of the last update changes, and the status message remains the same, your case has been "touched".

It will not tell you online that your case has been "touched" as a previous poster mentioned.

Oh, you're right. Sorry Kurt, it's been awhile since our case was at the service center. :)

24vs7qp.jpg

21ch82r.gif

"In our attempt to make everybody happy, we make nobody happy. And we lose elections." - Democratic activist Janice Griffin

when ever an ajudicator performs any type of work on your case ... you are 'touched' and you will a date change with your online status. you can register at the site once you have your NOA1 # (also located on the back of your cancelled check). some people are:

*never touched and approved

*never touched and RFE'd

*touched once and then approved

*touched several times and approved

*touched several times and RFE'd

see the pattern here?? unfortunately, there is no way that anyone here on VJ can tell you if you case will or will not be touched and how many times.

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

karo,

The something that someone did might have been putting the file on the shelf to begin gathering dust.

Yodrak

:lol::lol: Yodrak you are such a ray of sunshine :lol:

gimygirl,

I suspect that some 'touches' do not come from an adjudicator doing something. I further suspect that a date change is not made everytime something is done that ought to trigger a date change (as indicated by the first two items on your list).

Yodrak

when ever an ajudicator performs any type of work on your case ... you are 'touched' and you will a date change with your online status. you can register at the site once you have your NOA1 # (also located on the back of your cancelled check). some people are:

*never touched and approved

*never touched and RFE'd

*touched once and then approved

*touched several times and approved

*touched several times and RFE'd

see the pattern here?? unfortunately, there is no way that anyone here on VJ can tell you if you case will or will not be touched and how many times.

Ok I'm confused too. Please tell me if I understand this correctly. So our case status states that on 6/14/06 CSC received our file for processing. Lets say I go on to see our case status next week, and it says that the CSC received my file for processing, but the date now says 7/7/06. That means on 7/7/06 somebody "touched" our file?

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Ok I'm confused too. Please tell me if I understand this correctly. So our case status states that on 6/14/06 CSC received our file for processing. Lets say I go on to see our case status next week, and it says that the CSC received my file for processing, but the date now says 7/7/06. That means on 7/7/06 somebody "touched" our file?

Correct. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.