icon007

K3 approved by USCIS - how long it takes NVC to send it to INDIA

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Anyone has lately experienced with new procedure, how long it takes NVC to prepare and send your packet to Mumbai consulate once they have your approved K3 from USCIS ? My K3 petition got approved on April 3 by USCIS-CA and they said they are sending our case to NVC for interview processing stuff. I got a letter from NVC on April 14th that they have received our info from USCIS and within 1 week they will send our packet to India for them to schedule interview of my spouse.

Well, it's May 12 and NVC still tells us on phone inquiry that they are still processing our case and they have NOT sent it to India yet.

The worst part is they tell us there is "additional processing" going on with the case and there is NO DETAILS about what that is plus there is NO TIMELINE ESTIMATE for it.

Anyone has any idea how long it could take for NEW procedure at NVC to send K3 packet to India ?

The interesting part is that our I-130 also got approved by USCIS at the same time in April. My lawyer tells me that it is LONG ROUTE to get my spouse on Consular Processing route since it will take another 5-months average to get my spouse to USA using I-130 route. He recommends we wait on K3 Packet and bring my spouse here on K3 visa and then do her adjustment of status. I am not in RUSH for greencard. I am in rush to get my spouse here ASAP. So, he thinks K3 is my best bet.

Please guide me. My spouse is in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.

Btw, I also have K4 child on my spouse's application. His I-130 is also approved like my spouse's I-130.

Please guide me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Anyone has lately experienced with new procedure, how long it takes NVC to prepare and send your packet to Mumbai consulate once they have your approved K3 from USCIS ? My K3 petition got approved on April 3 by USCIS-CA and they said they are sending our case to NVC for interview processing stuff. I got a letter from NVC on April 14th that they have received our info from USCIS and within 1 week they will send our packet to India for them to schedule interview of my spouse.

Well, it's May 12 and NVC still tells us on phone inquiry that they are still processing our case and they have NOT sent it to India yet.

The worst part is they tell us there is "additional processing" going on with the case and there is NO DETAILS about what that is plus there is NO TIMELINE ESTIMATE for it.

Anyone has any idea how long it could take for NEW procedure at NVC to send K3 packet to India ?

The interesting part is that our I-130 also got approved by USCIS at the same time in April. My lawyer tells me that it is LONG ROUTE to get my spouse on Consular Processing route since it will take another 5-months average to get my spouse to USA using I-130 route. He recommends we wait on K3 Packet and bring my spouse here on K3 visa and then do her adjustment of status. I am not in RUSH for greencard. I am in rush to get my spouse here ASAP. So, he thinks K3 is my best bet.

Btw, I also have K4 child on my spouse's application. His I-130 is also approved like my spouse's I-130.

Please guide me.

When you say " phone inquiry ", are you talking to an operator?

Is your I-130 application in NVC system yet? If so it should take about month or month and half (good avg) before you case can complete and interview can be assigned. Once you case is in NVC all depends on you on how fast you send them requested douments. Look in wiki for NVC guides.

Timeline

Yes, phone inquiry on NVC.

My K3 / I-129F is at NVC for further processing. They do NOT need any documents from us like they for I-130 case.

Is your case K3 related?

Please guide me.

When you say " phone inquiry ", are you talking to an operator?

Is your I-130 application in NVC system yet? If so it should take about month or month and half (good avg) before you case can complete and interview can be assigned. Once you case is in NVC all depends on you on how fast you send them requested douments. Look in wiki for NVC guides.

Timeline

We have both I130 and I129F (K3 VISA) approved.

Please advise what is faster route at this point?

Our I129F (K3) packet is sitting at NVC for 1 month now. Normally it sends packet in 1 week. We are pulling our hair.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.