sweetpink

NSO birth certi.

4 posts in this topic

I have a friend and she just recently found out that there was a descrepancy of her birth date in her NSO birth certificate. Instead of May it was October. She also filed for Cenomar and it turns out that it was under May.

What are the procedures that she needs to undergo for correction? How much does it cost?

Any help is deeply appreciated!

bunbunard20090713_-6_ETHAN.png

I-751 Lifting Conditions Timeline

April 06, 2010 - mailed I-751 documents via usps express mail(overnight)with delivery confirmation

April 07, 2010 - packet delivered and signed

April 12, 2010 - check was cashed

April 13, 2010 - received NOA1 (dated 04/08/10)

May 07, 2010 - Biometrics

May 10, 2010 - Touched

June 23, 2010 - APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!

DSC00770.jpg

I have a friend and she just recently found out that there was a descrepancy of her birth date in her NSO birth certificate. Instead of May it was October. She also filed for Cenomar and it turns out that it was under May.

What are the procedures that she needs to undergo for correction? How much does it cost?

As her to go to her local civil registrar, bring NSO copy and proof that she was born in May not October.

Such as Baptismal Cert, etc.

There's a special section there where you file for clerical error.

fees depends on how big the correction is.

good luck!

What are the procedures that she needs to undergo for correction?

As her to go to her local civil registrar, bring NSO copy and proof that she was born in May not October.

good luck!

She needs to visit/go the place where she was born and go to the municipal or to the civil registrar on that place. The one that will file for the clerical error is the head of the registrar or the municipality. they will be the one to endorse it to NSO with the supporting documents with the correct birth date.

http://www.census.gov.ph/data/civilreg/ra9048.html

http://www.freewebs.com/nsobatangas/ra9048.pdf

usually it will take 2-3months to have an annotated bc

note: annotated bc cannot be requested online so if you will ask for another copy you have to write a letter to the nso office or ask a friend to manila to request for a copy so another weeks or months of waiting... (sigh)

cost per request is 1000 pesos I'm not sure if it has increased plus another expenses can't detail it coz i kind of forgot... i'm sorry :(

for more infos. you can pm me i might can give some... since this case happened to me too... thanks:)

*note: this is just based on what i experienced personally. i started filing march 2008 and finished on october 2008. well that is including for my mom's bc case too coz im an illegitimate child so minus a month for my mom.

i hope this would help :)

God Bless :)

August 6, 2009 - AOS Sent together with EAD and AP
August 17, 2009 - Received NOAs of AOS, EAD and AP
Sept. 15, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment
Sept. 24, 2009 - Received E-mail approval notice for EAD and AP
October 2, 2009 - AP on hand
October 3, 2009 - EAD card on hand
November 12, 2009 - Interview Date / Approved
November 23, 2009 - Green Card Received

March 21, 2012 - Lifting Conditions

May 22, 2013 - Citizenship

Filed: Timeline

What are the procedures that she needs to undergo for correction?

good luck!

She needs to visit/go the place where she was born and go to the municipal or to the civil registrar on that place. The one that will file for the clerical error is the head of the registrar or the municipality. they will be the one to endorse it to NSO with the supporting documents with the correct birth date.

http://www.census.gov.ph/data/civilreg/ra9048.html

http://www.freewebs.com/nsobatangas/ra9048.pdf

usually it will take 2-3months to have an annotated bc

note: annotated bc cannot be requested online so if you will ask for another copy you have to write a letter to the nso office or ask a friend to manila to request for a copy so another weeks or months of waiting... (sigh)

cost per request is 1000 pesos I'm not sure if it has increased plus another expenses can't detail it coz i kind of forgot... i'm sorry :(

for more infos. you can pm me i might can give some... since this case happened to me too... thanks:)

*note: this is just based on what i experienced personally. i started filing march 2008 and finished on october 2008. well that is including for my mom's bc case too coz im an illegitimate child so minus a month for my mom.

i hope this would help :)

God Bless :)

The wife says that is a major alteration and would require a court order to change the document. Changes in nickname or first name can be through the NSO, as shown in the cite.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.