xylide

petitioned as unmarried but married now

8 posts in this topic

here is the case

my aunt was petitioned in 1993 under unmarried child over 21.. now that her case is at nvc and shes married, nvc is asking for her MC and BC of her kids,to change her status from unmarried to married..

she had 2 kids before marriage,the father of the kids is on the BC of the first child but not on the 2nd one..

what does she needs o provide from the father with the BC's?or she can just send the BC alone since she was not married to the father?

d5muaz79s9.pngs-event.png

IR-5 for dad

02/16/12 - mailed I-130

02/27/12 - NOA1 petition received(hubby's birthday!)

06/06/12 - NOA2 stating I-130 approved

06/29/12 - NVC received case

07/09/12 - case entered in the system,assigned MNL # and IIN,email add given

07/12/12 - beneficiary emailed DS-3032, auto response received

07/18/12 - AOS fee bill/paid "IN PROCESS"

07/20/12 - AOS fee bill shows "PAID", mailed AOS package

07/25/12 - received AOS

07/25/12 - IV Fee Bill Invoiced, paid $230.00 "IN PROCESS"

07/26/12 - IV Fee bill shows "PAID"

07/28/12 - mailed IV Package

08/03/12 - received DS 230 packet

08/14/12 - sent RFE

08/16/12 - NVC received RFE

08/21/12 - log in failed

08/22/12 - case complete!

09/26-27/12 - medical at SLMC

10/04/12 - interview

12/01/12 - Left Philippines

She will need to submit NSO copies of her MC and BC of all her kids. It won't matter if the father's name is written on the BC, what will matter is her name on the BC, as proof that those kids are hers. It would have been better if they had informed USCIS that there was a change in her status.

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

She will need to submit NSO copies of her MC and BC of all her kids. It won't matter if the father's name is written on the BC, what will matter is her name on the BC, as proof that those kids are hers. It would have been better if they had informed USCIS that there was a change in her status.

they didnt know that they should inform the USCIS..they jsut found out now and her case is at NVC already..

so just send the BC and its good?

IR-5 for dad

02/16/12 - mailed I-130

07/25/12 - received AOS

08/14/12 - sent RFE

08/21/12 - log in failed

10/04/12 - interview

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

they didnt know that they should inform the USCIS..they jsut found out now and her case is at NVC already..

Unfortunately your aunt and her family will have to probably wait for another 7 years before they can immigrate. As you have mentioned, she is now married so she will be moved from the F1 category (US citizen petitioning for unmarried child) to the F3 category (US citizen petitioning for a married child). Those in the the F1 category from the Philippines with I-130 petitions filed before Aug. 1, 1993 are now eligible for visas. Those in the F3 category from the Philipppines with I-130 petitions filed before July 8, 1986 are eligible for visas. Right now your aunt will not qualify for a visa. She should send in her kids' BC and her MC, but the case will be put on hold for the next 7 years.

A beneficiary's category is determined when an immigration visa is available in a particular category. If the person's circumstances change (i.e. marriage), then they move to a different category and have a different wait time.

Unfortunately your aunt and her family will have to probably wait for another 7 years before they can immigrate. As you have mentioned, she is now married so she will be moved from the F1 category (US citizen petitioning for unmarried child) to the F3 category (US citizen petitioning for a married child). Those in the the F1 category from the Philippines with I-130 petitions filed before Aug. 1, 1993 are now eligible for visas. Those in the F3 category from the Philipppines with I-130 petitions filed before July 8, 1986 are eligible for visas. Right now your aunt will not qualify for a visa. She should send in her kids' BC and her MC, but the case will be put on hold for the next 7 years.

A beneficiary's category is determined when an immigration visa is available in a particular category. If the person's circumstances change (i.e. marriage), then they move to a different category and have a different wait time.

oooo i see.. so even if her is at NVC now.. she will be moved to F3 category then her case will be put on hold until F3 visa is available for her?

but can she just continue her visa process now and get the F1 visa?

IR-5 for dad

02/16/12 - mailed I-130

07/25/12 - received AOS

08/14/12 - sent RFE

08/21/12 - log in failed

10/04/12 - interview

Timeline

oooo i see.. so even if her is at NVC now.. she will be moved to F3 category then her case will be put on hold until F3 visa is available for her?

I don't know how the NVC will handle the processing that was started under the assumption that she was an F1 beneficiary. Your aunt is no longer in the F1 category so she will not continue as an F1 and will not get a visa now. 7 more years for her and her family to get visas.

I don't know how the NVC will handle the processing that was started under the assumption that she was an F1 beneficiary. Your aunt is no longer in the F1 category so she will not continue as an F1 and will not get a visa now. 7 more years for her and her family to get visas.

mmmmm okay so after 7 years and she is eligible for visa, will her family get visas too?

IR-5 for dad

02/16/12 - mailed I-130

07/25/12 - received AOS

08/14/12 - sent RFE

08/21/12 - log in failed

10/04/12 - interview

Timeline

mmmmm okay so after 7 years and she is eligible for visa, will her family get visas too?

Her husband and unmarried children under 21 years of age at the time that they are eligible for visas in the F3 category will be able to come to the US.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.