5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi. im in the middle of doing my aos forms for my wife. my brother will be helping me with the support part since i am unemployed and didnt file taxes for 2008...can someone tell me which form we need to use? i am filing a i-864 because i have cd's and savings i want to show since it is a good amount...i just wanted to add my bro's since i am now unemployed in these tuff times...please advise, thank you...

dsc04224md7.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Brother provides an I-864 Also as a Joint sponsor.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline
hi. im in the middle of doing my aos forms for my wife. my brother will be helping me with the support part since i am unemployed and didnt file taxes for 2008...can someone tell me which form we need to use? i am filing a i-864 because i have cd's and savings i want to show since it is a good amount...i just wanted to add my bro's since i am now unemployed in these tuff times...please advise, thank you...

First,even if you are unemployed you should file taxes.because in such cases/times you can ask IRS for letter that shows your income in particular year was zero because you didnt work.and you can attach that letter instead of tax transcript for zero income.If you dont file tax because of this reason that you didnt work and so no need to file tax then the letter that you will get from IRS will show that this person has no record of a filed form or tax return for above 000-00-000 social security number.and that is not the proof that you didnt file up the tax because you didnt work.This has already happened with me.

Anyways if you and your brother's income together meets the poverty guidelines then you will fill I-864 and your brother will fill I-864A.If you are using only your brother's income then also you will fill I-864(even if you are not doing work) and your brother will fill I-864 seperately.

What Is I-864A Form

Form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and HouseholdMember, is an attachment to Form I-864, Affidavit of SupportUnder Section 213A of the Immigration and Nationality Act.It is an optional form, completed and signed by twoindividuals: a sponsor who is completing Form I-864, and ahousehold member who is promising to make his or herincome and/or assets available to the sponsor to help supportthe sponsored immigrant(s). The combined signing of thisform constitutes an agreement that the household member isresponsible along with the sponsor for the support of theindividual.

Who May Be Considered a "HouseholdMember" for Purposes of This Form?

1) A relative who has the same principal residence as the sponsor and is related to the sponsor as a spouse, adultchild, parent, or sibling;

2) A relative or other person whom the sponsor has lawfullyclaimed as a dependent on the sponsor's most recent Federalincome tax return even if that person does not live at thesame residence as the sponsor;

3) The intending immigrant, in certain circumstances.

Hope it will help.

Filed: Timeline
so on question #21 on the i-864 form, my brother needs to mark 5 on household size since its him, his wife and 2 siblings??

yes, in column21 (a) enter number ( number of members whom he sponsering) ........... 01.

(B) youself (your brother) .... 01.

© if you are currently married .................. spouse 01.

(d) if you have dependent children ............... 02.

(e) if any other dependents.......... oo.

(F)

(g)

(h) add all nuber above 05.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.