FilingI751

Where should we get 1 way ticket from HCM to US?

9 posts in this topic

Just curious where did you guys buy tickets for your spouse to come over to US?

I believe that you will have to either use an agency or buy her ticket from the airline directly (on-line or on the phone). You cannot book tickets for a foreign departure from Orbitz or Travelocity

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Have your spouse/fiancee check at the local travel agents. I sent money to my Fiancee this week to buy hers. The best price I could find was $1100. I had her check and it only costs $640. I just looked for my round trip ticket and found the flight I wanted to purchase and gave her the flight details. Simple and saved me a ton..

Erik

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I just did a little web surfing and found a good fare. Bought the ticket from the airline booking office in HCMC.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

After Mai got the pink slip, we just went down to the Korean Air office and convinced them that in fact they COULD sell us a ticket like we wanted. We even convinced them they could sell us a ticket with a seat next to mine. Amazing, sometimes, their "can't do" attitudes. Almost reminds me of the U.S.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Since I had gone over to HCMC for her interview and booked the flight on China Air, I called them right after Thi got her pink slip. They couldn't book her on the same flight but would call me if something changed. They called back the next day saying they did have a seat on the flight but not next to me. They wouldn't book the flight until we showed up with her passport and visa in person and of course paid. They would hold the seat for us. We went there right after getting the visa from the Consulate. Once we actually got to the airport, they were able to seat us together. While I don't know if her seat was the cheapest fare we could get, it was an easy process and they were very helpful. I know my flight was the cheapest I could find at the time.

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Wedding 2008-4-26

Filed AOS 2009-1-2

NOA 1 2009-1-8

Peter Nguyen Brunner born 2009-1-12

Advance Parole recieved 2009-3-27

EAD recieved 2009-3-11

AOS Interview 2009-5-20

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hey Peter, good to hear from you.

Come to think of it, now that I've read Peter's post, I guess we did have to wait until the visa was issued one week later before we could buy the ticket. It's all a blur now, but it's coming back. Now I remember that the Consulate completely screwed up our plans of travelling to China or Singapore because Mai didn't have her passport for an entire week. As a result, we hung around Saigon the whole week, doing essentially nothing except having dinner every night at yet another stranger's house.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Have your spouse/fiancee check at the local travel agents. I sent money to my Fiancee this week to buy hers. The best price I could find was $1100. I had her check and it only costs $640. I just looked for my round trip ticket and found the flight I wanted to purchase and gave her the flight details. Simple and saved me a ton..

Erik

Erik,

Would your wife happen to remember the name and location of the travel agent she used?

Jack & Xuan

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F NOA1 : 3/10/08

I-129F NOA2 : 7/17/08

NVC Left : 7/25/08

Consulate Received : 8/4/08

Packet 3 Received : 8/8/08

Packet 4 Received : 9/12/08

Interview Date : 10/7/08

Received Green Sheet: 10/7/08

Turned in requested doc's for Green Sheet: 10/15/08

Got blue slip that says to wait for decision: 10/15/08

Still Waiting on a decision 11/22/08

Stilllll Waiting on a decision 2/2/09

Got a call with questions from the embassy3/9/09

Request sent to State Dept. to remove ineligibility status: 4/19/09

Approval letter recieved: 4/25/09

Pink Sheet: 4/27/09

Visa Received : 5/19/09

US Entry : 5/21/09

Marriage : 5/27/09

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.