MikenKyhen

What is an ITR

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey guys, Just a quick question. My fiance is from the Philippines and has her interview at the USEM on april the 28th. For the I-134 requirements I have sent her a copy of my last three years W2 statements, a letter from my employer with all pertinent information, a letter from my bank with the info that they ask for and a copy of my last three pay stubs as well. She however, asked me if I sent my ITR's. I am not familiar with this. Can someone explain to me the difference between your W2 statements and an ITR and if she will need that at her interview. Thanks for your help.

Edited by mike1967

IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION ITS THE JOURNEY...AND WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN

Hey guys, Just a quick question. My fiance is from the Philippines and has her interview at the USEM on april the 28th. For the I-134 requirements I have sent her a copy of my last three years W2 statements, a letter from my employer with all pertinent information, a letter from my bank with the info that they ask for and a copy of my last three pay stubs as well. She however, asked me if I sent my ITR's. I am not familiar with this. Can someone explain to me the difference between your W2 statements and an ITR and if she will need that at her interview. Thanks for your help.

ITR = Income Tax Return (e.g. 1040, 1040a) and yes they will ask for it.

You can either send a copy of the return you submitted or you can get a tax transcript from the IRS

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Timeline

You can either send a copy of the return you submitted or you can get a tax transcript from the IRS

That's what I thought it probably. Thank you very much for your help.

Hi Mike...

I sent my fiancée my Tax Transcripts from the last three years. If I remember correctly, I ordered them for free on the IRS web site. They arrived in the mail within a week or two.

It is my understanding that you can go down to your local IRS office and they will print them up for you right away.

Good luck on your visa journey.

~ Tahoma

Timeline
Hi Mike...

I sent my fiancée my Tax Transcripts from the last three years. If I remember correctly, I ordered them for free on the IRS web site. They arrived in the mail within a week or two.

It is my understanding that you can go down to your local IRS office and they will print them up for you right away.

Good luck on your visa journey.

~ Tahoma

Thank you very much. I will do that. Thanks again.

You can also call 1-800-829-1040 and order them by phone they arrive within a week or so.

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

don't you have a copy of Tax Return for last year.

You need to keep up with those

I think they can go back and audit up to 7 years

They only need 2008 Tax Return..........

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Timeline
don't you have a copy of Tax Return for last year.

You need to keep up with those

I think they can go back and audit up to 7 years

They only need 2008 Tax Return..........

Yes..I do keep up with them but I efile my taxes online every year because I always get a refund and it is faster. I was able to download my ITR's and send them to my fiance so she has them for her interview, as well as my last three years w2/1099 statements, letter from my employer and lettter from the president of my bank. Thank you for your reply.

• 4 weeks later...

I sent IRS transcripts for Shir to use and the Pre-screener DID NOT KNOW WHAT THEY WERE!

It took sometime for Shir to explain what the difference was between a 1040 and the transcript. The Pre-screener would still not accept them and returned them back to Shir with instructions to show them to the Consul if asked about why there was no 1040 in the packet. She was never asked so we still have them...

Phil

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.