angela920

airport tax, terminal tax etc etc... discrimination! Taxis!

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello to everybody here! My husband and I just got back from the Philippines. We stayed there for 2 weeks for his dental work and spent the holy week with my family. On the day of our flight, (it was at Centennial Airport PAL). We checked in our bags, showed them our passports, greencard etc etc... The lady told first that I have to pay Php 1,620 for the tax plus Php750 terminal tax. I was like huh? Isn't it included in my ticket already? she said no... then she paused and looked for my greencard and said "oh i'm sorry you only have to pay Php200 plus Php750. I didn't see your greencard" She said i need to go to the "information" and get a paper for tax exemption and give it to her(she said i don't need to get in the line). My husband called it "ransom" only in the Philippines you cant leave without paying the Php750.

Aren't you guys angry about those taxes? I mean... they don't accept cards! only cash either in peso or dollar! WHY? I don't understand. Please enlighten me. Why don't they just put it all in the ticket? or charge the airline and let the airline do whatever they want to collect those. Why is it always cash? why not credit cards or debit cards? I know I sound naive but I just simply don't understand. grrr!!! and why the OFW don't need to pay anything?!?! just because they think immigrants and those who are going for tourist have more money? eh?

Also, have you seen anything like this? We stayed at Bellevue Manila in Ayala-Alabang because they have a holy week promo for two nights it cost only Pho6,000. But you will also see on their website "This is only for Filipino residents" Nakakaloka ang discrimination!

We went to Ayala Museum... they charge more to tourist than Pinoys. Bakit?! I have never seen anything like this in USA. Wow nakakahiya! I feel so ashamed about this in front of my husband. USA never ever charges different rates just because you are a Pinoy, Japanese, Chinese etc.. etc...

Additional:

Taxis! omg... they will always always! try to give you a high rate, won't use their meter and the baddest of all is that when we are already seated and moving the driver will say "pede makidagdagan nalang po? or something like metro plus 100" (could you please add after the meter? or meter plus 100pesos) Thats when we are inside and the taxi is moving already. My husband was so angry and we would just leave it doesnt matter where or if its in an intersection and won't close the door.

Grabe! Just sharing!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

yikes, nakakahiya talaga...I hate the scenarios!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Eternally destined,

Angel&Saint

MY K1 TIMELINE

AOS

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2009-02-04

NOA Date : 2009-02-06

Bio. Appt. : 2009-03-03

Interview Date : 2009-05-19

Approved :2009-05-19

Got I551 Stamp : yes

Greencard Received:2009-06-26

EAD

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2009-02-04

NOA Date : 2009-02-06

Bio. Appt. : 2009-03-03

Approved Date : 2009-04-01

Date Card Received :2009-04-13

Hello to everybody here! My husband and I just got back from the Philippines. We stayed there for 2 weeks for his dental work and spent the holy week with my family. On the day of our flight, (it was at Centennial Airport PAL). We checked in our bags, showed them our passports, greencard etc etc... The lady told first that I have to pay Php 1,620 for the tax plus Php750 terminal tax. I was like huh? Isn't it included in my ticket already? she said no... then she paused and looked for my greencard and said "oh i'm sorry you only have to pay Php200 plus Php750. I didn't see your greencard" She said i need to go to the "information" and get a paper for tax exemption and give it to her(she said i don't need to get in the line). My husband called it "ransom" only in the Philippines you cant leave without paying the Php750.

Aren't you guys angry about those taxes? I mean... they don't accept cards! only cash either in peso or dollar! WHY? I don't understand. Please enlighten me. Why don't they just put it all in the ticket? or charge the airline and let the airline do whatever they want to collect those. Why is it always cash? why not credit cards or debit cards? I know I sound naive but I just simply don't understand. grrr!!! and why the OFW don't need to pay anything?!?! just because they think immigrants and those who are going for tourist have more money? eh?

Also, have you seen anything like this? We stayed at Bellevue Manila in Ayala-Alabang because they have a holy week promo for two nights it cost only Pho6,000. But you will also see on their website "This is only for Filipino residents" Nakakaloka ang discrimination!

We went to Ayala Museum... they charge more to tourist than Pinoys. Bakit?! I have never seen anything like this in USA. Wow nakakahiya! I feel so ashamed about this in front of my husband. USA never ever charges different rates just because you are a Pinoy, Japanese, Chinese etc.. etc...

Additional:

Taxis! omg... they will always always! try to give you a high rate, won't use their meter and the baddest of all is that when we are already seated and moving the driver will say "pede makidagdagan nalang po? or something like metro plus 100" (could you please add after the meter? or meter plus 100pesos) Thats when we are inside and the taxi is moving already. My husband was so angry and we would just leave it doesnt matter where or if its in an intersection and won't close the door.

Grabe! Just sharing!

Yes it is disheartening how they always try to take the Kanos money any way they can but be assured it is not only in the Philippines that this happens, it happens all over the world.

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Additional:

Grabe! Just sharing!

hindi kana nasanay sa pinas...hehehehe..in some places here in hawaii they have residential rates and tourists rates like going to the zoo or whatsoever all you need to do is show your hawaii id..so i think its not just philippines charging like that.

Additional:

Grabe! Just sharing!

This happens to all of us..Hubby asked me one time "Hon,do i have dollar sign written on my forehead?" i just shrugged but feel embarrassed of course..maiiintindihan ng mga kapwa nating pinoy ang hirap kumita ng pera kung lahat maranasang mag trabaho sa ibang bansa..masubukang imistreat ng ibang tao!it's a shame but true!

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Additional:

Grabe! Just sharing!

Yes it is disheartening how they always try to take the Kanos money any way they can but be assured it is not only in the Philippines that this happens, it happens all over the world.

Not just Kanos! My pinay wife and anak went for a visit and were hit up for the normal P750 terminal fees plus the P200 PTA tax.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Most of the time, I don't ride taxis who ask for "dagdag" or doesn't use their meter. Anotherthingmis I always call or ride Taxi companies like R&E, EMG and EMP. It is much safer to ride in taxis which is being run by companies as each of their taxis has GPS that is being monitored by the companies plus they are not allowed to make "dagdag". When I left PH, I know that there is a number that you can text the plate num of the taxi who asks for dagdag. Once I threatened a taxi driver that I'll text her plate num as he was asking for "dagdag" before I get in in the cab. He said "ok! ok! lets just turn on the meter" but I didn't trust him anymore so I end up getting another cab.

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Additional:

Grabe! Just sharing!

Ako inis ako dun sa mga taxi... alam mo ba sa may paco park hangang Robinson's Manila Php100 ung chinarge sa amin!! As in ilang kanto lang kaya un! First day lang kasi nung hubby ko nun dito, eh lunch na un mainit na. Sumakay kami ng taxi... syempre automatic na ung metro. di ko napansin, di nya in-on. hindi na lang ako pumalag, tapos sinabi ko na lang sa hubby ko.. ganun din sabi nya.. bababa na lang daw kami pag-ayaw mag-metro nung driver. Kaya everytime na sumasakay kami taxi, automatic talaga sinasabi namin gusto namin metro.

Ung airport tax, nagulat din ako, iba pala rate pag-kano. hehe... Sa PAL terminal 3 sya.. mas mura parang Php750 lang nga ata. Di ko nga rin gets bakit may ganyan.. dapat kasama na sa ticket un.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Additional:

Grabe! Just sharing!

Ako inis ako dun sa mga taxi... alam mo ba sa may paco park hangang Robinson's Manila Php100 ung chinarge sa amin!! As in ilang kanto lang kaya un! First day lang kasi nung hubby ko nun dito, eh lunch na un mainit na. Sumakay kami ng taxi... syempre automatic na ung metro. di ko napansin, di nya in-on. hindi na lang ako pumalag, tapos sinabi ko na lang sa hubby ko.. ganun din sabi nya.. bababa na lang daw kami pag-ayaw mag-metro nung driver. Kaya everytime na sumasakay kami taxi, automatic talaga sinasabi namin gusto namin metro.

Ung airport tax, nagulat din ako, iba pala rate pag-kano. hehe... Sa PAL terminal 3 sya.. mas mura parang Php750 lang nga ata. Di ko nga rin gets bakit may ganyan.. dapat kasama na sa ticket un.

One time when i ride the taxi, I noticed that the meter is covered by a rag. I asked the taxi driver immediately to remove the rag but he pretended like he didn't hear me. When we reached the first block, I asked him to remove the rag for the second time, then that is the time that he only removed it and I saw that it was already PHP 50.00. I told him "Manong, isn't it should only be Php25.00?" He then reset his meter and looked at me in the mirror. Akala nya maloloko nya ko ha!

Edited by o0pink0o

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Additional:

Grabe! Just sharing!

The promo on the hotel, for me is not discrimination. This is to boost the filipino market. Hotels are normally patronized by foreign nationals. Bellevue Manila is lowered their price to expand the filipino market. Bellevue hotel lowered their market to let the normal Juan dela Cruz try their services.

This kind of thing is not limited to Philippines. I have been to Northern Marianas or Saipan (one of the territories of USA)... We got special offers coz a local resident reserved our activities.

For taxis, it had been happening for ever. Either local or foreign nationals get ripped off. I normally have a discussion with taxi drivers. If they dont want to use their meter, I really get off the taxi. Most of the time, If i say that, they would use the meter and just ask me to give the tip i'm happy with.

Btw, if my hubby is with me, We hire AVIS or BUDGET rental car to minimize the stress from taxis.

The tax in the terminal had been happening, like forever. I started travelling in the early 1990's... I used to pay Php 500 terminal fee. I think they only increased it to Php 750 somewhere in early 2000's.

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

it also happen to me and my husband,from the bayview park hotel to robinson...i think just only 2 corner but the driver ask us for 300 pesos...i'm shock.but when we go back to hotel we only pay 75 pesos...im so shy to my husband about it.

" If we could live life all over again,we would still choose each other.If we are reborn to second life, we would marry each other again,we are persons with one heart,one soul,the same dreams and aspiration."

it also happen to me and my husband,from the bayview park hotel to robinson...i think just only 2 corner but the driver ask us for 300 pesos...i'm shock.but when we go back to hotel we only pay 75 pesos...im so shy to my husband about it.

yan! ganyang ganyan! hay talaga naman ang mga Pilipino oh! hayok sa foreigner... sensya na pero totoo naman.

Nung pumunta kami sa Tagaytay, ganun din.. taga din ang presyo. Nakaka-tawa pa nun, nung aakyat kami dun sa creater ng taal.. pati mag-lalakad ka na nga lang.. may bayad pa.. para daw sa upkeep nung trail eh wala naman kaming nakikitang ginagawa nila?! Puros basura din naman ung gilid gilid. Alam nyo ba ang horse ride, tumatagingting na Php700!! Nung naglalakad na kami.. bumaba sya ng Php200 na lang! wahahahaa!! sa inis namin.. naakyat talaga namin un maliit na trail na un ng walang kaba-kabayo! whehehehe. :devil:

Filed: Timeline

Additional:

Grabe! Just sharing!

You should pay for the PTA if you got the ticket outside the philippines. Yeah, you have to pay the terminal fee for 750.00 for using the airport. As a matter of fact everybody paid the terminal fee. But most countries included the terminal fee on the airline ticket. Philippines is not the only country who'd done that, but i heard they're gonna change that soon.

Lots of hotel also who had promotions only for locals. We stayed in Hilton Cebu before and we were not able to avail the promotion for the same reason. We also experience the same local promotional rates in France. About the taxi, that's worst, happened all the time with foreign nationals in PH.

Sorry about your not good experiences in our own country.

Additional:

Grabe! Just sharing!

You should pay for the PTA if you got the ticket outside the philippines. Yeah, you have to pay the terminal fee for 750.00 for using the airport. As a matter of fact everybody paid the terminal fee. But most countries included the terminal fee on the airline ticket. Philippines is not the only country who'd done that, but i heard they're gonna change that soon.

Lots of hotel also who had promotions only for locals. We stayed in Hilton Cebu before and we were not able to avail the promotion for the same reason. We also experience the same local promotional rates in France. About the taxi, that's worst, happened all the time with foreign nationals in PH.

Sorry about your not good experiences in our own country.

Everytime I visit the Philippines, I have to remember to save p1000 for the dumb terminal fee, then I spend the remaining amount on food and drink at the boarding gates.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

yan! ganyang ganyan! hay talaga naman ang mga Pilipino oh! hayok sa foreigner... sensya na pero totoo naman.

Nung pumunta kami sa Tagaytay, ganun din.. taga din ang presyo. Nakaka-tawa pa nun, nung aakyat kami dun sa creater ng taal.. pati mag-lalakad ka na nga lang.. may bayad pa.. para daw sa upkeep nung trail eh wala naman kaming nakikitang ginagawa nila?! Puros basura din naman ung gilid gilid. Alam nyo ba ang horse ride, tumatagingting na Php700!! Nung naglalakad na kami.. bumaba sya ng Php200 na lang! wahahahaa!! sa inis namin.. naakyat talaga namin un maliit na trail na un ng walang kaba-kabayo! whehehehe. :devil:

kainis no?! galing din kami sa tagaytay papuntang Taal ata yon! yep ang kabayo is 700 mahigit.. e eengot engot pa ako non! Tapos may sasama sayo na parang mga bata grabe pinapalo ng pinapalo ang kabayo tapos magsasabi pa yung matandang kasama na pang tubig daw ng mga bata... kainis!!! nakakapanggigil! tapos nung pababa na kami aba sumakay ba naman sa likod ng husband ko tapos pagbaba namin ng bundok ayun NAWALA ANG WALLET NG HUSBAND KO! tapos TURUAN na sila... sabi nito... sabi niyan nasa kanya daw! halata mong SCAM para kung sino makakita e mabibigyan kuno ng reward! pano ko nasabing SCAM? kasi e nakita na namin ang WALLET nya tapos may isa pang naghabol na alam daw niya kung sino ang kumuha!

GRABE DIBA? di na kami babalik don! kahit kelan!

Tapos eto pa last vacation namin.. kasama ko tatay ko (malaking tao at mukhang sanggano ang tatay ko hahaha!) para di ko masyadong tagain sa taxi! so nagcheck na kami sa PAL at siempre despedida muna since matagal pa kami magboboard sa eroplano so nag abang kami ng TAXI sabi namin din sa KFC lang sa MIA aba sabi ba naman e 100 daw.. nagalit ang tatay ko... minura niya sabi kaya nasisira tayong mga PINOY e dahil sa mga BULOK na kagaya mo! tapos kinuha ng tatay ko ang plate number isusumbong niya sa pulis aba talaga naman di natinag! ang dahilan pa e 5 daw kami at mahuhuli siya! HELLO!!! bandang AIRPORT lang yon di naman kami pupuntang South Super Highway!

TINDI TALAGA! KASUMPA SUMPA! PEDE BA ISUMBONG KAY TULFO ANG MGA SIRA ULONG YON? (TEKA ANG PUSO KO!) LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.