SJ1819

POE: Detroit Experience

55 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh yeah!!! Way to go sis! CONGRATS!!!

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Hello lovelies! I am finally with my hubby.. woot woot!

I had a wonderful experience at my port of entry, Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW).

When i landed to DTW i asked a lady where i will stand in line (there are visitors, immigrant/US citizens and crew lines) just to make sure i am on the right track. She told me on visitors line. I was the last in line and i saw 2 ladies (employees of DTW) talking and pointing at me and i heard one of them said, "OH MY GOD!". I tell you, i got so very nervous, i was thinking i will get detained without talking to the customs/immigration officer. Then one of them (employee) approached me and told me, "I know you little girl", this was the part where i got superfreakingduper nervous. Then she showed me a picture of me and my fiance. She told me to follow her and she got me in line of immigrant/US citizens. A big relief. Lol.

It was finally my turn. I handed my packet and passport to the immigration officer. He asked me to put my 4 fingers and then thumb to get scanned & took my picture. He did not interviewed me, isn't it wonderful? Hahaha. Then the immigration officer said, you should get married within 90 days. Then he tols me Welcome to United States and Congratulations. I wasn't interviewed cause my hubby works for DHS and works at DTW. Woot-woot!!! :D Then i got my stuff and another employee asked me of the customs form, i gave it to him and he asked me if i have fresh fruits/veggies or any processed meat in my baggage, i said no. After I hot my baggage scanned 3 filipinas and a white lady (employees) said, HEY! HE'S HERE WAITING FOR YOU. I never knew they were talking to me, but they got my attention and i turned to them and they said it again and i saw my hubby... he was holding a new coat and dozen of red roses. I was like OMG!! My stuff was not scanned on the next line, instead he introduced me to all his buddies at work. Almost everybody in DTW knows me and they were very excited to meet me. Lol. The most awesome part was, my hubby's boss stayed 2 hours after his shift just to meet me. It was so nice of him. :) Then i got to meet my in-laws and his sister's family, we had dinner and my mom-in-law bought groceries for me and my hubby.

So, that is my experience on my POE. Hehehe i know i should have posted this a few days ago.

Hello, welcome to Michigan, good for you ,you arrived DTW in early spring, when I arrived here last Feb.weather was so cold I`m almost freezing.BTW, enjoy the spring season here with your new family..Hope to meet you soon. God bless!

Best wishes and Congratulations!

bYG2g6k.jpgbYG2m4.png

Sent - July 5, 2011(California Service Center)

Received - July 7, 2011

Check cleared - July 12, 2011

Removal of the Conditional Status ( approved Sept. 9, 2011)

10 Years Green Card Received (Sept. 15, 2011)

Timeline

Kelan ba kasal SJ?

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

N400:

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Kelan ba kasal SJ?

June 5th po :)

pero sabi nya sakin baka gawin namin mas maaga kase gusto nya cover ako kagad ng insurances nya. gusto lang nya masigurado kasi nagwoworry sya masyado.lol

Edited by SJ1819

Soy la casa de mi amado y mi amado es mío.

Timeline

That's a smart move. :)

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

N400:

Medical at St. Lukes:

When i landed to DTW i asked a lady where i will stand in line (there are visitors, immigrant/US citizens and crew lines) just to make sure i am on the right track. She told me on visitors line. I was the last in line and i saw 2 ladies (employees of DTW) talking and pointing at me and i heard one of them said, "OH MY GOD!". I tell you, i got so very nervous, i was thinking i will get detained without talking to the customs/immigration officer. Then one of them (employee) approached me and told me, "I know you little girl", this was the part where i got superfreakingduper nervous. Then she showed me a picture of me and my fiance. She told me to follow her and she got me in line of immigrant/US citizens. A big relief. Lol.

hi SJ,

Congratulations for your smooth trip. but I have 1 question, how come they have a pic of you and your hubby? I am asking this because i remember when I had my medical at Saint Luke, in one of the forms there, there was one question regarding port of entry and i wrote Detroit too but the truth is we are really not sure yet. now im nervous if that matters.

Congrats again, you both deserve to be together already. We all are.

Lucy here

Hello Lucy,

The employee had our picture cause my hubby gave it to her. My hubby works at DTW but his employer is DHS. It was his day off when i arrived, Tuesday. It was one of my hubby's plan not to show up and make all his buddies at work to look for me and help me get through fast. I didn't actually went through all the security check lol.

If your final destination is Detroit here's how you will get through..

When you get to DTW you will first go to Customs and Border Check. Find the line for visitors. You will get interviewed by a CBP officer. Hand out to him/her your passport, CBP forms (you filled up in the plane) and your visa packet. You will be asked questions, same questions asked to you at USEM. He will ask you to put your fingers on the scanner and take a picture. After checking your records the CBP officer will stamp your packet and your passport. Then get a cart and get your baggage, you can check where to get your number on the screens. Then another officer will ask for your CBP form (i think the color of the form is blue/blue violet. i can't remember lol) he/she will ask you if you have fresh fruits/veggies and processed meat in your baggage. When a guy asked me he asked me if i have tocino, balut, longganisa, isda.. na-shock ako alam nya yung mga yun. lol.. then i realized he is one of my hubby's friend at work. Then follow the green arrows on the floor, you will get in line to get your baggage scanned. The big white guy there will help you lift your heavy baggage so don't worry he is nice. Oh, he will get your CBP form too.

Uhm.. i do not know what is next step. Sorry. My hubby already showed up. All the people there are nice, don't hesitate to ask what to do next. Good luck to you and God bless. :)

Thank you for the reply!

I will be close in Cleveland; maybe we can visit each other sometime.

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

hi Mhaze,

Tanong ko mamaya sa fiance ko kung malapit lang siya. Kailan ba punta US sis if ever?

sis cleveland ka?malapit cguro sa toledo yan no?

sa toledo kasi ang punta ko..:)

kita kits tayo doon...

God bless sa interview din

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congrats and welcome to America.

Lots of love and happiness.

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi Mhaze,

Tanong ko mamaya sa fiance ko kung malapit lang siya. Kailan ba punta US sis if ever?

sis cleveland ka?malapit cguro sa toledo yan no?

sa toledo kasi ang punta ko..:)

kita kits tayo doon...

God bless sa interview din

sa May 01 na alis ko sis...:)

Timeline

Waaaahhhh!!! Iniiwan niyo na ako... WAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

But anyway, OHIO people, I will be in Dublin for the Irish Festival 09 with my hubby by then and my daughter. Wanna meet up? Tara!!!

Edited by HappyDancer

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

N400:

Medical at St. Lukes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.