Chalupa718

PCC In Pune, India (Pls Help)

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Greetings all, I am new to this website. I have been reading and learning so much stuff, which has been helpful for me and my husband. Now he is in Pune, India. And is having some difficulties getting the PCC. Difficult in the sense that they say it will take from 30-35 days for him to get the PCC (police clearance certificate) And because of that, our frustation has grown more. Isn't the pcc just a stamp on the passport? Our case was recently aproved and he got the packet with instructions already. Now we are just waiting for him to send all the documents to the NVC and then wait for the interview date.

Anyone has been thru this? or can share some advice ?

Greatly appreciated!

"My beautiful husband is already with me... Thank you God"

smiley-happy093.gif

28b5c84dc7.png

"Missing someone is part of loving them. If you're never apart; you'll never know how strong your love is"[/b]

Timeline
Greetings all, I am new to this website. I have been reading and learning so much stuff, which has been helpful for me and my husband. Now he is in Pune, India. And is having some difficulties getting the PCC. Difficult in the sense that they say it will take from 30-35 days for him to get the PCC (police clearance certificate) And because of that, our frustation has grown more. Isn't the pcc just a stamp on the passport? Our case was recently aproved and he got the packet with instructions already. Now we are just waiting for him to send all the documents to the NVC and then wait for the interview date.

Anyone has been thru this? or can share some advice ?

Greatly appreciated!

does yr husband's passport older than 6 months?? if its older than 6 months then u need PCC one from passport issuing office.. yr hubby is in pune so his passport i assume ws issued from pune right? u hv to fill one form and pay the fees and submit yr passport there.. they will stamp passport and send clearance in duplicate cop. ont know abt mahrastra but its like this in gujarat..

another PCC from district police station.. you need to submit residense proof ,photoes etc. and they will give clearance

the passport clereance should not take longer than 7-10 days.. and district PCC will take 2-3 days usually..

you need a copy of approval letter.. and request them (strongly)

Case complete: 04-20-09

Interview date: 06-08-09

Timeline

Yes my husband's passport was issued more than six months ago. He did pay the fee, however the agent that he is dealing with, originally said, it'll take 30-35 days. He also lived in another state temporarily but still I don't think that is reason for it to take that long.

So that means he needs 2 PCC's ? one from district and another from passport office ?

smiley-happy093.gif

28b5c84dc7.png

"Missing someone is part of loving them. If you're never apart; you'll never know how strong your love is"[/b]

Timeline
Yes my husband's passport was issued more than six months ago. He did pay the fee, however the agent that he is dealing with, originally said, it'll take 30-35 days. He also lived in another state temporarily but still I don't think that is reason for it to take that long.

So that means he needs 2 PCC's ? one from district and another from passport office ?

yes, he needs two pcc..

the rule for district pCC is "Your husband have to obtain PCC from all the places he have lived more than 6 months since the age of 16" its stated in DS-230 Part-1..

why you need agent for tht? if yr husband has filled form and paid fees for clearance then no need of agent ... if you have hard copy of approval letter then tell your husband to go to the passport issuing office and meet any higher officer/ controller of tht office(generally in india there is one adviser/controller in passport office) and show them the letter and request for quick process of clearance.. thts only way.

Timeline

This is all so confusing and frustating, and me here, unable to do anything for him, makes it even more frustating.

He did requested it from passport office only, and submitted the fee of 300R. (and that's when they said it'll take 30 days to process) Now, does this mean he has to go to the district police station and request another pcc?

He did live in Jaipur for 1 yrs because of work. Does he has to mention this in the district police station?

Wouldn't it take months for this to be processed?

I don't even know what else to ask for what else to do ? The NVC makes it so easy to do, but yet it is not!

:unsure:

smiley-happy093.gif

28b5c84dc7.png

Timeline
This is all so confusing and frustating, and me here, unable to do anything for him, makes it even more frustating.

He did requested it from passport office only, and submitted the fee of 300R. (and that's when they said it'll take 30 days to process) Now, does this mean he has to go to the district police station and request another pcc?

He did live in Jaipur for 1 yrs because of work. Does he has to mention this in the district police station?

Wouldn't it take months for this to be processed?

I don't even know what else to ask for what else to do ? The NVC makes it so easy to do, but yet it is not!

:unsure:

dont panic...... thrs a long way to go yet.. so man things like this will come along...

does yr husband submit original passport at passport office along with form and fees?????????

you must have original passport with you while going for district PCC,.. so if u gave passport at passport office than wait until you get it along with clearance...

in district police station you need to show original passport and copies of it .. so dont just rush everwhere ...

it took one month to me for my PCC. and i had to get 4 PCC.. one passport + 3 district... one from my home town, one whr i hv studied for 4 yrs and one whr i worked ....

it takes time .. dont worry..

and if you mention in DS-230 PART-1 about yr husband's stay at jaipur than only you need to get clearance or its ok with home town PCC..

Timeline

Hey thanks for all your replies. Well tomorrow morning, he will be going to the district police station and they will process his request for the 2nd pcc. In the meantime, we are waiting for the other pcc from the passport office. He will be mentioning that he lived in Jaipur, as it was work related. ( We hope everything works out for the best)

And we will wait patiently as we have been so far :cry:

smiley-happy093.gif

28b5c84dc7.png

Timeline
Hey thanks for all your replies. Well tomorrow morning, he will be going to the district police station and they will process his request for the 2nd pcc. In the meantime, we are waiting for the other pcc from the passport office. He will be mentioning that he lived in Jaipur, as it was work related. ( We hope everything works out for the best)

And we will wait patiently as we have been so far :cry:

just make sure u are submitting all necessary docs and your case will complete smoothly... yr husband need to get jaipur PCC too if you r mentioning... and tell him to be tough with people if they dont listen to you.. this is the only way to deal with govt. people..

Timeline

Hey thanks again, Not only he needs to be tough, but unfortunately there is always "bribery" involved. Such a shame!!!! I think he is on his way to get the 2 pcc both from district police station, and the passport one, this last one will take a bit longer... but it's fine, we just don't want to wait 35 days for it. it's so unfair not only for us, but for everyone going thru this...

:blink:

smiley-happy093.gif

28b5c84dc7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.