bobb

Changes/Corrections after NVC

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I have read elsewhere that if any corrections or changes need to be made after the I-129F application, after it has arrived at the US Embassy, the best way is to call or email to the Embassy. I did have a question on one specific item on the DS-156 which I sent an email to the Embassy and they answered me.

In Russia they recently changed the way "ю" is translated. When we filed the I-129F her translated divorce showed 'Ljubov' for the English translation. On the I-129F Application and her G-325a her name was translated as Ljubov. In late November she renewed her International Passport and it is now Liubov.

Should I email the Embassy after it has arrived to explain this to them? I'm thinking her name will go on the list for the interview and if they see Ljubov instead of Liubov they would not let her in. I'm just curious on some thoughts from others before I email the Embassy soon. From what I've read I think they go by the info on the DS-156 for the information for her K-1 Visa and it would not matter.

I'm not sure how CSC missed the following and did not ask me for an RFE. On her G-325a we had her marriage date as the date of my marriage. It showed her marriage date as being 20+ years later than when she was divorced.

Should we alert this error to the U.S. Embassy, or will they not even pay attention to the date on the G-325a and just go by her divorce documents she will give them.

Thanks

Timeline:

17 Nov 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC

19 Nov 2008 - NOA1

03 Apr 2009 - NOA2 approval (email)

09 Apr 2009 - NVC received

13 Apr 2009 - Sent to Embassy

23 Jun 2009 - Interview date USEM - Posted USEM website 30 Apr 2009

I wouldn't even worry about that as anyone reading noting the error will plainly see her numbers (passport, birthdate, etc.) all match up. There's probably even someone there smart enough to figure out that sometimes it's translated one way, sometimes the other.

The only thing you should worry about is making sure that she signs everything the exact same way and uses the same spelling each time she fills out a document. Pick one and stick with it from this point on.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• 4 months later...
Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am a new member of this forum.

I would like to know if anyone of you, when going through NVC or Embassy in Moscow, ran into a problem because of 2 different name spellings.

Russian government used to issue international passports with a French way last name spelling, for example, Koudriavtseva. And now it spells names in American-English way, ex. Kudryavtseva. So, I ended up with a set of documents that includes both variations. Unfortunately, it's too late to make any corrections.

Has anyone experienced any problems due to name spelling variations?

Thank you.

See above.

Pick one and stick with it from this point on. And, by the way, you'd probably be better off picking the American-English way since you're heading to American-English spelling U.S. of A!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have read elsewhere that if any corrections or changes need to be made after the I-129F application, after it has arrived at the US Embassy, the best way is to call or email to the Embassy. I did have a question on one specific item on the DS-156 which I sent an email to the Embassy and they answered me.

In Russia they recently changed the way "ю" is translated. When we filed the I-129F her translated divorce showed 'Ljubov' for the English translation. On the I-129F Application and her G-325a her name was translated as Ljubov. In late November she renewed her International Passport and it is now Liubov.

Should I email the Embassy after it has arrived to explain this to them? I'm thinking her name will go on the list for the interview and if they see Ljubov instead of Liubov they would not let her in. I'm just curious on some thoughts from others before I email the Embassy soon. From what I've read I think they go by the info on the DS-156 for the information for her K-1 Visa and it would not matter.

I'm not sure how CSC missed the following and did not ask me for an RFE. On her G-325a we had her marriage date as the date of my marriage. It showed her marriage date as being 20+ years later than when she was divorced.

Should we alert this error to the U.S. Embassy, or will they not even pay attention to the date on the G-325a and just go by her divorce documents she will give them.

Thanks

I would contact them with evidence of the correct name spelling as soon as it becomes possible.

JNR

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.