limejello

Interview paperwork

3 posts in this topic

Please let me know if I'm leaving something out, or if I SHOULD leave something out...

Here goes:

Fiance's Mexican Passport

Fiance's Mexican Birth Certificate (original + 1 copy)

Petitioner's original divorce decree (apostilled, +1 copy)

Petitioner and beneficiary's child's Mexican birth certificate (original + 1 copy)

Petitioner and beneficiary's child's Consular Birth Abroad Report (copy only)

Petitioner and beneficiary's child's original American passport

Petitioner's original passport and current Mexican tourist visa

Forms required by consulate (still being filled out) and passport size photos (to be taken once in Juarez), also still working on affidavits of support, and need to re-type and print my letter of intent

Evidence

3 different signed rental contracts in both petitioner and beneficiary's names (contract periods 05/07-12/07, 05/08-08/08, and 10/08-Present, this contract also with rental receipts)

Christmas card from petitioner's aunt with stamped envelope received in December 08 at our apartment in Merida

2 different itineraries (e-tickets) with corresponding boarding passes and receipts for gate checked stroller (with name, date, flight number) from petitioner's home city to Mexico (these are from my 2 most recent trips home)

Email confirmation of paid reservation at a resort in Mexico with petitioner/beneficiary/their son/petitioner's mother's names listed

6 original bank statements from different months (non-consecutive) showing transactions made in Mexico, beginning the month that the petitioner met the beneficiary in Mexico in 2007 until present

Bus tickets from 2 different trips (without names) showing travel from Cancun to Merida and from fiance's home town to Merida

Over 50 photos taken over the course of the 2 years since petitioner and beneficiary met (including from pregnancy, shows definite change over time)

Paid eticket receipt for flights from Merida to Ciudad Juarez (with petitioner, beneficiary and petitioner's mother's names)

Other papers

These will only be given at the direct request of the CO (not to be included in evidence)

Language school exam result (from Cancun) proving petitioner's fluency in Spanish (because beneficiary speaks little English)

Letter from Registro Civil from beneficiary's home town (where their son is registered) stating that there is no record of marriage (Constancia de negatividad)

Police certificates from Merida and Cancun

Original Consular birth abroad report (I'm very hesitant to hand over the original)

Petitioner's court order to resume prior surname after divorce (apostilled, +1 copy)

Petitioner's American birth certificate (apostilled, +1 copy)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Please let me know if I'm leaving something out, or if I SHOULD leave something out...

Here goes:

Fiance's Mexican Passport

Fiance's Mexican Birth Certificate (original + 1 copy)

Petitioner's original divorce decree (apostilled, +1 copy)

Petitioner and beneficiary's child's Mexican birth certificate (original + 1 copy)

Petitioner and beneficiary's child's Consular Birth Abroad Report (copy only)

Petitioner and beneficiary's child's original American passport

Petitioner's original passport and current Mexican tourist visa

Forms required by consulate (still being filled out) and passport size photos (to be taken once in Juarez), also still working on affidavits of support, and need to re-type and print my letter of intent

Evidence

3 different signed rental contracts in both petitioner and beneficiary's names (contract periods 05/07-12/07, 05/08-08/08, and 10/08-Present, this contract also with rental receipts)

Christmas card from petitioner's aunt with stamped envelope received in December 08 at our apartment in Merida

2 different itineraries (e-tickets) with corresponding boarding passes and receipts for gate checked stroller (with name, date, flight number) from petitioner's home city to Mexico (these are from my 2 most recent trips home)

Email confirmation of paid reservation at a resort in Mexico with petitioner/beneficiary/their son/petitioner's mother's names listed

6 original bank statements from different months (non-consecutive) showing transactions made in Mexico, beginning the month that the petitioner met the beneficiary in Mexico in 2007 until present

Bus tickets from 2 different trips (without names) showing travel from Cancun to Merida and from fiance's home town to Merida

Over 50 photos taken over the course of the 2 years since petitioner and beneficiary met (including from pregnancy, shows definite change over time)

Paid eticket receipt for flights from Merida to Ciudad Juarez (with petitioner, beneficiary and petitioner's mother's names)

Other papers

These will only be given at the direct request of the CO (not to be included in evidence)

Language school exam result (from Cancun) proving petitioner's fluency in Spanish (because beneficiary speaks little English)

Letter from Registro Civil from beneficiary's home town (where their son is registered) stating that there is no record of marriage (Constancia de negatividad)

Police certificates from Merida and Cancun

Original Consular birth abroad report (I'm very hesitant to hand over the original)

Petitioner's court order to resume prior surname after divorce (apostilled, +1 copy)

Petitioner's American birth certificate (apostilled, +1 copy)

English translations (original) of any document not in English

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

As far as I'm aware, documents in either Spanish or English are acceptable at the consulate in Juarez. Only if the document is in a language other than Spanish or English does it need translation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.