SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So, here is my very short trip report – the trip was very very mellow and laid back – Tues, Weds, and Thurs were very quiet days, just spent time together talking and hanging out. Thurs night we did go to Amnesia, which was fun. Fri we got up and DJ headed over to Portland to pick up his brother, sister, and son – I went to the beach, figuring that JAEng and my friends would arrive soon. I lazed around, then it felt like it was going to rain so I started to pack up – and suddenly realized that JAEng and I were sitting about 20 feet apart, lol – The rain held off, so we chatted for a while. My friends arrived and the 4 of us went to get something to eat at Rooms = Food was okay, not great – but my friends were starving, and are fussy so they wouldn’t deal with yard food or waiting. We all went off to nap / relax and made plans to go out later to Jus Cheers.

DJ and his family arrived, his brother brought a cousin and friend with him = We spent some time w/ his sister and son, then headed down to meet everyone and head out- the boys came with us. Jus Cheers was DEAD, so we headed back into town to go to Skydock, which was a little more crowded. JAEng and my friends spent some time fending off unwanted advances, lol –

Sat we woke up to DJ’s son banging on the door, he crawled in bed with us, and we lazed for a bit, then went off to get some food. We got back to the hotel and changed, and headed to the beach to meet everyone else – It started to rain right as we got there! Everyone sat under the canopy for a while, JAEng whipping the boys in dominoes – DJ and I swam with his son, then went to get him dried off. It stopped raining, so we headed to town to get him some school shoes. Sat night was 80s night at Margaritaville, so we headed over there until around 2 or so –

Sunday am we did pictures on the beach, then said our goodbyes to all and headed over to Negril. We checked in to Mariners, then went down to Kuyaba for dinner – Laid down for a nap, and next thing we knew it was 2am! We spent Mon on the beach, then went out for a ride up the cliffs – DJ was hungry so we ran to Ozzies so he could get some pork – I then drove so he could eat, and had my first experience with a Jamaican road block. The officer looked at my license, looked at me, looked back, ….. then asked “Is this you?” I told him yes, and he told me my hair was a different color – I asked him if he wanted to see my passport, it was yet another color! He laughed, gave me back the papers, and motioned us on our way. We stopped at Sweet Spice for dinner, then went back and crashed again. Tuesday we lazed around, then went into town and grocery shopped so that I could cook dinner – we went to the Canoe Bar for lunch – by far one of the best meals I have had in Negril – the food was soo so good, and they cooked grilled veggies as a side on a gas grill – pumpkin, eggplant, peppers, Irish,…. So so good – Plus they had garlic bread made from coco bread – I was in heaven! We got back and spent the afternoon on the beach = My friend from Chicago arrived, so we chatted with her for a while, then went to relax, have dinner, and headed out to Alfreds – had a fun night.

Weds we headed over to Mo Bay early, dropped my luggage, then went to the China House on the Hip Strip for lunch – excellent food, I was impressed! We got back to the airport and said our goodbyes, then I headed through the gates. (I have figured out over many trips that dropping my luggage early, then having DJ just pull up and drop me right before my flight decreases my chance of bawling!) Got in to the terminal, and found out my flight was delayed, and leaving from gate 5, which I thought was odd – I have never left from the left before, always the right – Well, when we got on the plane, we found out why – They rerouted our direct flight through Kingston! We were informed as we were taxing down the runway – so pissed! By the time I landed, got through immigration, to my car, and home, it was 3 am!

All and all, the trip was a good one – lots of quality time, lots of family time – And meeting JAEng was awesome, we had an instant connection and it was like I met my long lost sister!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mawning Yardies happy Friday even tho it's dreary in NYC! OH by the way i hate immigration in ATL only straight flights for me now on! They are rude and a$$holes, they stopped me on my way back home and gonna tell me your a girl from NYC and you’re going to marry a farmer from JA that seems odd you couldn’t find no one in NY! I told his a$$ yeah I fount your daddy but your mom kept getting mad (im very sarcastic) lol I’m sorry he deserved it! He was like oh so you do comedy on the side huh?... jerk!!! Don’t you know they had the nerve to read this lady rap sheet out loud and announced she was a prostitute before and that she should of took her passport pic with her mouth open!! Then they confiscated 20 mangos from another lady and were like I’m taking these damn mangos home #######????? I forgot to tell yall about that! I was held for about a hour and a half good thing I had a two hour layover! In addition to that he opened up all my liquor to smell it????

Man and I just said you were quiet!!! You did not tell the man you were trying to get his dad!!! ####### you are so stupid!!!! Dag it looks like your whole plane was on hostage it sounds like this guy must have lost his girl to a Jamaican and I guess he doesn't know how to deal with his pain..lol

lmao sounds about right i can believe i forgot to share smh!

** I been to hell and back but the key words is I'm back thanks to the grace of god! **

Love...Live...Life... (It's is better to have loved than to have never loved at all)

4/9/09 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center via USPS

4/10/09 - VSC received packet

4/13/09- VSC opened package

4/15/09- VSC mailed NOA1

4/17/09- VSC cashed check

4/17/09-NOA1 online

4/20/09-NOA1 hard copy

4/20/09-Touched

4/20/09- now we wait...

8/27/09- touched

8/31/09- approved!!

9/4/09- letter saying they mailed info to kingston

11/16/09 sent DS230 via email

11/18/09 rec email stating interview was scheduled for Dec

11/19/09 sent email asking what day in Dec and they responded Dec 8th!!!!! 2WEEKS

11/20/09 rescheduled to Dec 22 my preference date

12/22/09 Went to JA 12/9 and di ting is postponed until mi kno it's right!!! mi nah rush into nothing mi rather wait forever and kno everyting proper and sort out then rush and bawl lata... Mi kno when mi ting ah happen it ah happen RIGHT suh fah now mi ah wait likkle more...

DSC02522-1.jpgDSC02523-1.jpg

Hello ladies... just stopping by to say hi. Hope ya'll had a good day. I just can't wait for tomorrow... I'm so ready for the weekend. My sis-in-law just called me to say she is in the hospital. She is having TWINS!!! Identical girls... she will be induced at 4am! Can't wait to see them lil mamas! She went through the process as well. Her hubby was on here, Trulo. They are both Jamaican. She is my best friend, my husband is her brother. Because of her there would be no Mr&MrsBuggy! lol

Hey Mrs Buggy congrats on the new addition to the family! All the Twin talk lately here on VJ is fabulous this is such a blessing. My Brother and sister are twins, Hubby and I are hoping for twins as well :star:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm very excited today. In this super duper slow weight loss journey (moving even slower than my Visa Journey :lol: ), I hit a new low number this week! For over two months, it's been bouncing up & down, but never went below this one number until a couple of days ago.

So today, I tried on black crop pants that I couldn't even zip after Christmas, and they fit! Still a tad tight in the waist/hips, but definitely wearable. :dancing:

These are the black pants that made me realize when I'd gained weight. About 1.5 years ago, I brought them with me on a trip (after not wearing them for a while), and I was SHOCKED when I put them on and they were way too tight to wear. I was like, " :o When did this happen???"

A year ago I got into the pants after having my tonsils removed. I lost 15 lbs in about 2 weeks after that surgery. But of course it all came back (with friends) shortly afterwards & no more black crop pants. :(

It feels really good to get into them again. I'll feel even better in the Future when they're too big.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
... we went to the Canoe Bar for lunch – by far one of the best meals I have had in Negril – the food was soo so good, and they cooked grilled veggies as a side on a gas grill – pumpkin, eggplant, peppers, Irish,…. So so good – Plus they had garlic bread made from coco bread – I was in heaven! We got back and spent the afternoon on the beach = My friend from Chicago arrived, so we chatted with her for a while, then went to relax, have dinner, and headed out to Alfreds – had a fun night.

Thanks for sharing the story of your trip, Sus. I love reading about peoples' visits to Jamaica. I hope you'll post plenty of pictures so we can REALLY feel like we were there, too.

What is Canoe Bar near in Negril? I can't picture it in my head, but I definitely want to check it out next time if only for the veggies & garlic bread.

Yay for Alfred's. You were there Tuesday night? If so, you probably saw my baby dancing. Tuesday was his birthday & he and some friends went to Alfred's. They dance very well & love to hang out right by where the DJ plays (when the band takes a break).

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I'm very excited today. In this super duper slow weight loss journey (moving even slower than my Visa Journey :lol: ), I hit a new low number this week! For over two months, it's been bouncing up & down, but never went below this one number until a couple of days ago.

So today, I tried on black crop pants that I couldn't even zip after Christmas, and they fit! Still a tad tight in the waist/hips, but definitely wearable. :dancing:

These are the black pants that made me realize when I'd gained weight. About 1.5 years ago, I brought them with me on a trip (after not wearing them for a while), and I was SHOCKED when I put them on and they were way too tight to wear. I was like, " :o When did this happen???"

A year ago I got into the pants after having my tonsils removed. I lost 15 lbs in about 2 weeks after that surgery. But of course it all came back (with friends) shortly afterwards & no more black crop pants. :(

It feels really good to get into them again. I'll feel even better in the Future when they're too big.

nat im going thru the same exact thing i keep bouncing up and down i noticed a extra roll when putting back on my bathing suit in JA last week i need to get this extra butter roll off by July my so was like why yuh so fraid of weight??? i hate the never ending process!!!

** I been to hell and back but the key words is I'm back thanks to the grace of god! **

Love...Live...Life... (It's is better to have loved than to have never loved at all)

4/9/09 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center via USPS

4/10/09 - VSC received packet

4/13/09- VSC opened package

4/15/09- VSC mailed NOA1

4/17/09- VSC cashed check

4/17/09-NOA1 online

4/20/09-NOA1 hard copy

4/20/09-Touched

4/20/09- now we wait...

8/27/09- touched

8/31/09- approved!!

9/4/09- letter saying they mailed info to kingston

11/16/09 sent DS230 via email

11/18/09 rec email stating interview was scheduled for Dec

11/19/09 sent email asking what day in Dec and they responded Dec 8th!!!!! 2WEEKS

11/20/09 rescheduled to Dec 22 my preference date

12/22/09 Went to JA 12/9 and di ting is postponed until mi kno it's right!!! mi nah rush into nothing mi rather wait forever and kno everyting proper and sort out then rush and bawl lata... Mi kno when mi ting ah happen it ah happen RIGHT suh fah now mi ah wait likkle more...

DSC02522-1.jpgDSC02523-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

AS for me : I'VE BEEN ACCEPTED INTO NURSING SCHOOL and will be starting in august !! :dance::dance::star::star:

Congratulations on Nursing School..Heaven!! Now the party begins...

~ 4/22/09 - sent I-129F form off to VSC

~ 11/23/09 – Interview Scheduled 11/23/2009

~ 12/09/09 – Picked up visa at MoBay DHL ofc-EXTREMELY late processing

~ 12/13/09 – Arrived at Philadelphia airport

~ 2/14/10 – WEDDING DAY FINALLY

AOS Timeline

~ 2/26/10 – mailed AOS/EAD/AP via USPS confirmed delivery

~ 2/28/10 – delivery confirmed 6:57 am

~ 3/10/10 – rec'd email acceptance confirmation from USCIS

~ 3/16/10 – rec'd NOA1's via mail for I-485, AP and EAD

~ 3/19/10 – Biometrics appt - 3/31/10 11 am

~ 3/24/10 – Walk-in Biometrics appt - 2:00 pm

~ 4/07/10 – Case transferred to National Benefits Center

~ 4/09/10 – Case transferred to CSC for processing

~ 5/01/10 – EAD card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 5/07/10 – AP rec'd in mail...no notice at all!

~ 5/24/10 – EAP rec'd in mail

~ 6/02/10 – AOS card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 6/08/10 – rec'd welcome letter in mail

Congrats on the weight loss. I know the feeling of getting back into your favorite cloths.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi All! It has been a long time since I posted on here and a long time since I got my K1 - but I know someone going through the process now and she needs some help.

So she talked to the NVC in March and they said her case was sent to Kingston on Feb. 16th. She has heard nothing since then. Is this normal? What is the process now after it leaves the NVC?

I would really appreciate any help :wacko:

Hey chica!! Looooooonnnnnggg time since you been here. Your son is adorable :wub: hope you and yours are doing well :yes:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
bunzarelli is a derivative of bunz which my hubby calls me

it comes from us being very idle and childish and playing dirty games lol

HAHAHAHAHA!! I love it!

~ 4/22/09 - sent I-129F form off to VSC

~ 11/23/09 – Interview Scheduled 11/23/2009

~ 12/09/09 – Picked up visa at MoBay DHL ofc-EXTREMELY late processing

~ 12/13/09 – Arrived at Philadelphia airport

~ 2/14/10 – WEDDING DAY FINALLY

AOS Timeline

~ 2/26/10 – mailed AOS/EAD/AP via USPS confirmed delivery

~ 2/28/10 – delivery confirmed 6:57 am

~ 3/10/10 – rec'd email acceptance confirmation from USCIS

~ 3/16/10 – rec'd NOA1's via mail for I-485, AP and EAD

~ 3/19/10 – Biometrics appt - 3/31/10 11 am

~ 3/24/10 – Walk-in Biometrics appt - 2:00 pm

~ 4/07/10 – Case transferred to National Benefits Center

~ 4/09/10 – Case transferred to CSC for processing

~ 5/01/10 – EAD card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 5/07/10 – AP rec'd in mail...no notice at all!

~ 5/24/10 – EAP rec'd in mail

~ 6/02/10 – AOS card ordered rec'd notice via email

~ 6/08/10 – rec'd welcome letter in mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We got back to the airport and said our goodbyes, then I headed through the gates. (I have figured out over many trips that dropping my luggage early, then having DJ just pull up and drop me right before my flight decreases my chance of bawling!) Got in to the terminal, and found out my flight was delayed, and leaving from gate 5, which I thought was odd – I have never left from the left before, always the right – Well, when we got on the plane, we found out why – They rerouted our direct flight through Kingston! We were informed as we were taxing down the runway – so pissed! By the time I landed, got through immigration, to my car, and home, it was 3 am!

All and all, the trip was a good one – lots of quality time, lots of family time – And meeting JAEng was awesome, we had an instant connection and it was like I met my long lost sister!

you got alot done in that small trip

but i identify with the highlighted part

frank and i have an understanding that there is to be no mushy talk or action when we're at the airport leaving each other because i get very very teary

one time i was able to brave it to kiss him on his cheek and he was totally surprised lol

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats Ells and Heavensent - two different causes but reason to celebrate :dance:

Welcome back Sus

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
... we went to the Canoe Bar for lunch – by far one of the best meals I have had in Negril – the food was soo so good, and they cooked grilled veggies as a side on a gas grill – pumpkin, eggplant, peppers, Irish,…. So so good – Plus they had garlic bread made from coco bread – I was in heaven! We got back and spent the afternoon on the beach = My friend from Chicago arrived, so we chatted with her for a while, then went to relax, have dinner, and headed out to Alfreds – had a fun night.

Thanks for sharing the story of your trip, Sus. I love reading about peoples' visits to Jamaica. I hope you'll post plenty of pictures so we can REALLY feel like we were there, too.

What is Canoe Bar near in Negril? I can't picture it in my head, but I definitely want to check it out next time if only for the veggies & garlic bread.

Yay for Alfred's. You were there Tuesday night? If so, you probably saw my baby dancing. Tuesday was his birthday & he and some friends went to Alfred's. They dance very well & love to hang out right by where the DJ plays (when the band takes a break).

The Canoe Bar is as you head up to the Cliffs, just past the Sunshine Village on the right side, before Easy Rock Sues - The food was sooo good - I had Escovitch snapper, which was a huge fillet, and they served it with the sides of veggies and a pasta salad - Prices were around $600 - $700 per entree -

I am sure I probably did see him - But Rudy has a bad habit of pouring me really strong drinks, so much of that night is blurry, lol!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So, here is my very short trip report – the trip was very very mellow and laid back – Tues, Weds, and Thurs were very quiet days, just spent time together talking and hanging out. Thurs night we did go to Amnesia, which was fun. Fri we got up and DJ headed over to Portland to pick up his brother, sister, and son – I went to the beach, figuring that JAEng and my friends would arrive soon. I lazed around, then it felt like it was going to rain so I started to pack up – and suddenly realized that JAEng and I were sitting about 20 feet apart, lol – The rain held off, so we chatted for a while. My friends arrived and the 4 of us went to get something to eat at Rooms = Food was okay, not great – but my friends were starving, and are fussy so they wouldn’t deal with yard food or waiting. We all went off to nap / relax and made plans to go out later to Jus Cheers.

DJ and his family arrived, his brother brought a cousin and friend with him = We spent some time w/ his sister and son, then headed down to meet everyone and head out- the boys came with us. Jus Cheers was DEAD, so we headed back into town to go to Skydock, which was a little more crowded. JAEng and my friends spent some time fending off unwanted advances, lol –

Sat we woke up to DJ’s son banging on the door, he crawled in bed with us, and we lazed for a bit, then went off to get some food. We got back to the hotel and changed, and headed to the beach to meet everyone else – It started to rain right as we got there! Everyone sat under the canopy for a while, JAEng whipping the boys in dominoes – DJ and I swam with his son, then went to get him dried off. It stopped raining, so we headed to town to get him some school shoes. Sat night was 80s night at Margaritaville, so we headed over there until around 2 or so –

Sunday am we did pictures on the beach, then said our goodbyes to all and headed over to Negril. We checked in to Mariners, then went down to Kuyaba for dinner – Laid down for a nap, and next thing we knew it was 2am! We spent Mon on the beach, then went out for a ride up the cliffs – DJ was hungry so we ran to Ozzies so he could get some pork – I then drove so he could eat, and had my first experience with a Jamaican road block. The officer looked at my license, looked at me, looked back, ….. then asked “Is this you?” I told him yes, and he told me my hair was a different color – I asked him if he wanted to see my passport, it was yet another color! He laughed, gave me back the papers, and motioned us on our way. We stopped at Sweet Spice for dinner, then went back and crashed again. Tuesday we lazed around, then went into town and grocery shopped so that I could cook dinner – we went to the Canoe Bar for lunch – by far one of the best meals I have had in Negril – the food was soo so good, and they cooked grilled veggies as a side on a gas grill – pumpkin, eggplant, peppers, Irish,…. So so good – Plus they had garlic bread made from coco bread – I was in heaven! We got back and spent the afternoon on the beach = My friend from Chicago arrived, so we chatted with her for a while, then went to relax, have dinner, and headed out to Alfreds – had a fun night.

Weds we headed over to Mo Bay early, dropped my luggage, then went to the China House on the Hip Strip for lunch – excellent food, I was impressed! We got back to the airport and said our goodbyes, then I headed through the gates. (I have figured out over many trips that dropping my luggage early, then having DJ just pull up and drop me right before my flight decreases my chance of bawling!) Got in to the terminal, and found out my flight was delayed, and leaving from gate 5, which I thought was odd – I have never left from the left before, always the right – Well, when we got on the plane, we found out why – They rerouted our direct flight through Kingston! We were informed as we were taxing down the runway – so pissed! By the time I landed, got through immigration, to my car, and home, it was 3 am!

sounds like a great trip sus! i experienced jus cheers in februaury....richard and his brother took me there.....i loved it and it was packed full of people.....well with the exception of this couple practically having sex in front of the entire bar.....LOL

Edited by yankeesgirl79

~ 11/06/08 K-1 visa was denied and a 2 year ban placed on our file

~ 02/09/10 married my best friend

28152.png

jamaicajune20090001a.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.