SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part14)

5,958 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have no more tears to cry this morning. On Friday, a co-worker told me that she is probably going to get fired today. She met with her boss's boss on Friday. He told her that her work was crappy and she was not performing at the level that they needed her to. The part that had me so down and sad, was that this was never told to her by her boss. She has been here for 18 months and you mean to tell me all of a sudden her work is #######. Anyways, she saved the company over $100K for a mistake she found. They don't want to discuss that. She is a professional with over 6 years of experience and they had her doing administrative assistant duties. She was so insulted because she had been given the title of Supervisor but she was doing clerical work. Now, I'm an auditor here and I pretty get to review the work of the accounting staff as well. I had absolutely no problems with her work. She was the most organized and knowledgeable of the information. I was so hurt because I didn't see where her work was #######. So she went to her managers and asked...Why hasn't this been told to me? That my work was not up to PAR!!!!! She told me that the manager looked at her and became red and tears began to well of in his eyes. She had to leave the room so that he can wipe his eyes. The other manager said...I had no problems with your work...must be another manager.

I just don't understand why or how people can treat people this way. They could've fired her at any time. But now that she began to question why was she getting treated that way, it became a big mess. I'm using VJ to vent right now. I'm so hurt but I just have to keep her and her family in the prayers. And when I even think to complain about my job, give thanks to God for having one. It's not even my battle...but I just feel so hurt for the treatment that she has received. Maybe God...I mean..I KNOW God has a plan and maybe this was not it.

Thanks for letting me vent.

KK

Afternoon Ladies,

KK, that just plain ole SUCKS!!! Unfortunately, ther is no loyalty or ethics in the workplace these days. Just remember G-d NEVER closes a door without opening a window! He didn't want her there, KK! Her talents were being wasted!! Not to worry he will now put her where he needs her now!! She and you are in my prayers...it's so nice to know that their are still people that care about others out there! Unfortunately, that is becoming a rarity these days also!

Hang in there!

Bless-ed,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Afternoon Ladies ( waving) I have been trying to say Hi all morning LOL. I am moving my desk out of my old department and its hectic because I am still trying to work in between...... Crazy day. My old boss is not speaking to me, she is hotter than fish grease about my promotion! Oh Well Jah Rastafari Bun down Babylon! :star:

I will try and catch up latah when I am all moved into my nice new cozy home :dancing:

Hi Philly. Let me know when you're not busy. We gotta pick out my summer wardrobe :star: .

Timeline
Good afternoon everyone....got some good news to share...My hubby finally landed a job...he got the job at applebees as the field cook but right now they have him working in the freezer loading it with meats and sorting them...and doing other little things...it hasn't been that busy in their with customers so he hasn't worked a lot of hours...he started saturday and worked sunday and they only gave him 3 hours for each of those days...plus they are not starting him at what he expected...the guy who hooked him up with the job told him he would start at 10 put they only starting him with 8... :angry: ...was pretty disappointed with that but nevertheless am happy that he finally working...they do give raises every 3 months so thats a good thing...he likes it though...he said the people there are really nice and cool...he said so far he find no faults....he will be working the evening shift from 5 to 2am though starting this friday so more hours should be coming his way...he still wants to try to get another job in the morning...my best friend mom who is his cousin is trying to get him a job at this supermarket that she goes to always...she is cool with the manager so she is going to see if she can get him a job as a stock person in the mornings...we will see....

P.S. Went to the doctor saturday and found out I will be having a.....drum roll please.....GIRL!!!!!....pretty excited....we both wanted a boy at first but we are getting into the groove of things with having a girl.... :luv:

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on the job...and on a HEALTHY baby girl!! You are so blessed!!! ;)

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good afternoon everyone....got some good news to share...My hubby finally landed a job...he got the job at applebees as the field cook but right now they have him working in the freezer loading it with meats and sorting them...and doing other little things...it hasn't been that busy in their with customers so he hasn't worked a lot of hours...he started saturday and worked sunday and they only gave him 3 hours for each of those days...plus they are not starting him at what he expected...the guy who hooked him up with the job told him he would start at 10 put they only starting him with 8... :angry: ...was pretty disappointed with that but nevertheless am happy that he finally working...they do give raises every 3 months so thats a good thing...he likes it though...he said the people there are really nice and cool...he said so far he find no faults....he will be working the evening shift from 5 to 2am though starting this friday so more hours should be coming his way...he still wants to try to get another job in the morning...my best friend mom who is his cousin is trying to get him a job at this supermarket that she goes to always...she is cool with the manager so she is going to see if she can get him a job as a stock person in the mornings...we will see....

P.S. Went to the doctor saturday and found out I will be having a.....drum roll please.....GIRL!!!!!....pretty excited....we both wanted a boy at first but we are getting into the groove of things with having a girl.... :luv:

Congrats Jgay!! Glad to hear things are moving along. A job is a job and it's a start in the right direction. And since he is working nights it sounds like the issue of hanging out will disappear as well!

Yes, rarely but it happens. Most still get away with murder. One of my co-workers was home 3 days last week because she didn't have money to get to work...she needed it for the weekend :blink: . One hasn't stepped foot in this office in a year....working from work...yeah right. Another is off 4 months to take care of your husband who is recovering from back surgery...haven't seen one doctor's note yet :blink: I'm so frustrated.

Wow!! How do I get me one of those jobs.... :whistle:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
I'm home by myself. Right now, the most painful thing is my right hand. They couldn't find a vein and seemed to wiggle the needle all in that hand. It was VERY painful. But then they switched to the left hand and it was fine. When they woke me up afterwards, the only pain I felt was in my right hand. Mouth still numb, so I can't speak clearly. I didn't know in advance that I could drink liquids only for 2 days. I had a whole menu planned with creamy spinach soup & protein shakes with strawberries blended in. They said no spinach in the soup and no strawberries in the protein shake (cause of the seeds).

I look hideous with this contraption around my face. I'll probably post a picture on Facebook.

On a positive note, I hope to lose a couple of lbs from this experience!

Glad everything went okay Nat! Get some rest so you're body can start healing.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

Nat that was fast!!! I see your back on VJ with your hand hurting and all. LOL

Jgay your having a girl umm mi like the name Dara is has a ring ta it....lol Well put it like this with the late hours hubby wont be able to hang out as much so that is one good thing right? It’s a start and I'm sure from here on out things will get better.

Timeline

congrats on the job as well as the baby girl

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

WHAAAT????

I didnt know you were preg@@@@@

YAY!!!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline
Sus... reading your post earlier really struck me on a personal level. No need for me to go into details, but know that I'm praying for your situation.

Girl why Roc tell me yesterday em told his landlord ta cut his cable cut off.. :unsure: He said he just doesn’t see the sense in paying fi it when he’s never there or most of the channels don't come in or nothing is on. He said all that is ever on is some sponge bob brick pants and he doesn’t watch that.. Girl I lol but in my head I'm like o.k. so when I come I'm supposed to do what? I’m one of them people that sleeps with the tv on and I always wake so early before him because my body is on my work schedule that normally to pass the time I'll turn on the t.v. I can just picture myself laying or sitting there like :whistle: .

Even though in America, I wouldn't think to not watch one of my many shows, when I'm in Jamaica, I can easily go without tv. So much other stuff to do there... :whistle:

Nat i had my wisdom teeth pulled..and girl I didn't know my left hand from my right..so i hope someone is with u..

I'm home by myself. Right now, the most painful thing is my right hand. They couldn't find a vein and seemed to wiggle the needle all in that hand. It was VERY painful. But then they switched to the left hand and it was fine. When they woke me up afterwards, the only pain I felt was in my right hand. Mouth still numb, so I can't speak clearly. I didn't know in advance that I could drink liquids only for 2 days. I had a whole menu planned with creamy spinach soup & protein shakes with strawberries blended in. They said no spinach in the soup and no strawberries in the protein shake (cause of the seeds).

I look hideous with this contraption around my face. I'll probably post a picture on Facebook.

On a positive note, I hope to lose a couple of lbs from this experience!

hope ypu dont feel much pain after the numbness wears off.. hope you feel better fast

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

jgay i loveee lil girls congrads on the hubby new JOB i know has to feel like a relief to the both of you guys

** I been to hell and back but the key words is I'm back thanks to the grace of god! **

Love...Live...Life... (It's is better to have loved than to have never loved at all)

4/9/09 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center via USPS

4/10/09 - VSC received packet

4/13/09- VSC opened package

4/15/09- VSC mailed NOA1

4/17/09- VSC cashed check

4/17/09-NOA1 online

4/20/09-NOA1 hard copy

4/20/09-Touched

4/20/09- now we wait...

8/27/09- touched

8/31/09- approved!!

9/4/09- letter saying they mailed info to kingston

11/16/09 sent DS230 via email

11/18/09 rec email stating interview was scheduled for Dec

11/19/09 sent email asking what day in Dec and they responded Dec 8th!!!!! 2WEEKS

11/20/09 rescheduled to Dec 22 my preference date

12/22/09 Went to JA 12/9 and di ting is postponed until mi kno it's right!!! mi nah rush into nothing mi rather wait forever and kno everyting proper and sort out then rush and bawl lata... Mi kno when mi ting ah happen it ah happen RIGHT suh fah now mi ah wait likkle more...

DSC02522-1.jpgDSC02523-1.jpg

Timeline

Thanks for the congratulations....the going out thing pretty much died down from like two weeks ago...from my last email update we were on the up and still are...two weeks ago he only went out once...i was suppose to go but didn't feel up to it but he went with my best friend who is his cousin and they had fun...and he only went out once this week...so he is doing good...we are doing good...We got a name already for her...we agreed to Caisse (pronunced K-C)...I was thinking about changing it to Logan because i saw this little girl on TV she was on this Nickoloden show called Yo! Gabba Gabba...its a little kid show...i'm a big kid and love nickoloden and cartoon network...but anyway I thought that name was soo cute and hubby said that name is to popular on TV and he doesn't want people think he copying names from TV people...i'm like what TV show you heard the name Logan and he started naming soap opera shows.... :blink: ...

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Timeline
Thanks for the congratulations....the going out thing pretty much died down from like two weeks ago...from my last email update we were on the up and still are...two weeks ago he only went out once...i was suppose to go but didn't feel up to it but he went with my best friend who is his cousin and they had fun...and he only went out once this week...so he is doing good...we are doing good...We got a name already for her...we agreed to Caisse (pronunced K-C)...I was thinking about changing it to Logan because i saw this little girl on TV she was on this Nickoloden show called Yo! Gabba Gabba...its a little kid show...i'm a big kid and love nickoloden and cartoon network...but anyway I thought that name was soo cute and hubby said that name is to popular on TV and he doesn't want people think he copying names from TV people...i'm like what TV show you heard the name Logan and he started naming soap opera shows.... :blink: ...

thats a pretty name

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline

thats a pretty name

which one???...Caisse or Logan... :star:

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Timeline

thats a pretty name

which one???...Caisse or Logan... :star:

they are both nice names but i like Caisse

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

checked cashed 4/27/2010

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

I have no more tears to cry this morning. On Friday, a co-worker told me that she is probably going to get fired today. She met with her boss's boss on Friday. He told her that her work was crappy and she was not performing at the level that they needed her to. The part that had me so down and sad, was that this was never told to her by her boss. She has been here for 18 months and you mean to tell me all of a sudden her work is #######. Anyways, she saved the company over $100K for a mistake she found. They don't want to discuss that. She is a professional with over 6 years of experience and they had her doing administrative assistant duties. She was so insulted because she had been given the title of Supervisor but she was doing clerical work. Now, I'm an auditor here and I pretty get to review the work of the accounting staff as well. I had absolutely no problems with her work. She was the most organized and knowledgeable of the information. I was so hurt because I didn't see where her work was #######. So she went to her managers and asked...Why hasn't this been told to me? That my work was not up to PAR!!!!! She told me that the manager looked at her and became red and tears began to well of in his eyes. She had to leave the room so that he can wipe his eyes. The other manager said...I had no problems with your work...must be another manager.

I just don't understand why or how people can treat people this way. They could've fired her at any time. But now that she began to question why was she getting treated that way, it became a big mess. I'm using VJ to vent right now. I'm so hurt but I just have to keep her and her family in the prayers. And when I even think to complain about my job, give thanks to God for having one. It's not even my battle...but I just feel so hurt for the treatment that she has received. Maybe God...I mean..I KNOW God has a plan and maybe this was not it.

Thanks for letting me vent.

KK

Afternoon Ladies,

KK, that just plain ole SUCKS!!! Unfortunately, ther is no loyalty or ethics in the workplace these days. Just remember G-d NEVER closes a door without opening a window! He didn't want her there, KK! Her talents were being wasted!! Not to worry he will now put her where he needs her now!! She and you are in my prayers...it's so nice to know that their are still people that care about others out there! Unfortunately, that is becoming a rarity these days also!

Hang in there!

Bless-ed,

Gill

Thanks Gill. That is so true. She has been speaking with her lawyer to see if there is anything that can be done.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.