• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

Yea KK its new put its been up for a few weeks, Thanks KK

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey what's going on ladies, I been sign in all day but haven't been to post. Hey Jakeswife how are u and the babies doing? Hey Jakeswife how are u and the babies doing?
whast thjis..sh having twinz so yu haffi post questions twice
Kimmy be quiet the blackbery is acting up like my computers LMAO

:rofl::rofl: uumm..right ! rollin

Is that a new pic Nelly? It's nice.

wey ur new pic deh !

Edited by Hotlegz

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Oh man! I never ralized how consuming this board is! I've been on here practically all day!

How long are staying?

WHERE ? did i miss something..she going somewhere?

Yeah her countdown says she's going to JA in 16 days...

ooo..oops...

so nells when u going back to jam? i hope soon cause i NEED some soy patties.

golden crust no sell soy patties? u can't oder them from there?

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hi claire!! how are things w/ ur daughter?? work??

ms nelly is in the house!! u been busy huh mami?? or maybe i just been missing u when i catch up??

Hey Quanna, how are you. My daughter is fine now. She got rid of the crashed car and bought a different one. Thanks for asking. Work is crazy with all the old sick people we have to take care of. Their familes don't realize that their parts are expiring and at certain age some organs WILL stop working. Lawd have mercy...but I love, love, love my job.

HELLO EVERYONE ELSE!!!!

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
Oh man! I never ralized how consuming this board is! I've been on here practically all day!

How long are staying?

ooo..oops...

yep but mi fear it won't taste the same and i have to do overnight shipping costing nearly $80 so i will swear for the real deal.

How long are staying?
ooo..oops...
Jakeswife I want to go soon but it mite be either July or Aug but when I do I will let u know ok.

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

How long are staying?
ooo..oops...
See the blackberry is trippin I going to wait until I get home to post lol Edited by MSNELLY

Timeline

So today has been somewhat slow with the board so i guess I will post my journey so far with hubby being here now for a little over 4 months....

1) He still is not working... :crying::crying: ....but my sister-in-law sister's baby father (I know I hate that too :blush: ) is a manager at Applebees as a lead cook and he is trying to squeeze my hubby in for a job there as a field cook...it pays decent ($10/hr) and there is overtime if you choose to do it which is good...but my husband is on hold for right now since the manager said they hired about 12 people a few weeks ago and the hiring manager is busy with the paperwork...he was like he wished he was told my hubby needed a job earlier cause he could have easily gotten him in there quicker...i am not sure why i didn't think of him when hubby first came up here cause he also helped my cousin get a job there as a waitress when she came up from Florida....i feel like kicking myself for not thinking of him sooner...and I still didn't think about him it was my sister-in-law who mentioned my hubby to him cause i was complaining to her that he doesn't have a job and he really wants and needs one...and she took it upon herself to ask him...Well crossing my fingers that this goes through...he called my hubby the day before yesterday telling him that he is still trying to squeeze him in and not to worry cause he will get him in there and to give him like another week...Crossing my fingers... :unsure:

2) We've been having a lot of heated arguments, none as of lately which is a breathe of fresh air....they are very heated but we get over them by the next day but sometimes I feel like I can't be bothered with it...We argue over him hanging out so much and the whole "vibing" thing...he stopped the "vibing" cause of the job since they do the test but the hanging out thing...uggh...one week he went out 4 days in a row coming home at 4:30am...and then he would want to cuddle and i would push him away and he would say thats the reason why he goes out so much since i don't show him any love.... :blink: ...are you kidding...if you weren't going out so much i wouldn't be upset and I wouldn't have no reason not to show you no love...give me a break...and its funny cause the other day we were talking about him going out and he admitted that his friend which is our tenant who is also good peoples with me cause I knew him for a while that he said he better not get him kicked out because he (hubby) is partying so much with them...so i said you see they even know that hanging out so much is not right and what women would like that...He doesn't think anything is wrong with it as long as he is not doing anything wrong out there and since he is coming back home to me and sleeping in the same bed as me...whatever...My area like i said before is predominately JA so like his friends he is hanging out with (my tenant) is also JA and he deejays and the club where he hangs out with another friend of my tenant deejays there every night who is also JA and the club is pure JA then he feels at home...he always said that up here is no different from JA and he feels very comfortable...he said the only difference is the cold but other than that he feels at home...he even said the friends he made up here reminds him of his friends back at home...I was hoping for that at first now its like I regret it cause he loves the up and down too much...We good now with the hanging out thing (for now)...he hasn't gone out yet for this week but he will go downstairs and hang out with the tenant which i don't mind cause they are very cool peoples...We are suppose to go out tonight first to the movies to see Obessed with Beyonce which i think is going to be so whack but he wants to see and my best friend and sister-in-law wants to see it so its going to be a group thing and then we are going to go to the Infamous club that he always goes to...I'm not into local clubs cause i hate to be around my neighborhood and party especially since my son's father hangs there sometimes (thats another heated argument we got into but thats another time)...but i want to go just to see it...

3) Last but not least...I'm knocked up... :devil: ....I'll be 4mos next week...don't know what the sex is yet but hopefully my next appointment I will get to find out which is next Saturday...I have mixed emotions sometimes I say its bad timing other times I feel so happy and overjoyed...

Like i said we have our ups and our way way downs and right now its up but one thing i can say is when we have our way way downs and we say some...well I say some really mean things to him we always go back and act civil and discuss what just went down and explain our emotions...he will let me know how he felt about the argument and i tell him how I felt about it and why its a problem...We would have our arguments go to bed mad, wake up mad, but when I get home from work or wherever we discuss it....(I don't believe in the "Don't go to bed mad" thing cause sometimes you need time to clear your mind and get your thought process going)...Sometimes I would bring it back up and sometimes he would...the way he does it though is that he would play with me like nothing happened and then I look at him like :blink: and he would say "What!" and then we would start talking...I think its funny cause that is how he always does it...

So I'm ending this saying OPEN COMMUNICATION IS KEY and can really help with your relationship...even though sometimes he will go back and do the same shyte and you are like didn't we just discuss this like two days ago and you want to take the nearest hard object to hit him on the head with it but the better person in you say ok maybe we just need to discuss this again and reiterate the problem again...Marriage is hard and takes a lot of patience and it also takes an open-mind to think ok I have to understand his feelings and where he is coming from...because if he was just my boyfriend he would have been long gone...I am quick to break up with someone cause i always say to myself I'm to fly to have to go through this (sounds coinceited I know :lol: ) but since I'm married I really want to make this work but of course if it gets to far its a wrap like reyonlds... :yes:

Sorry for the long post just had to get it out there...Wow this is very therapeutic...I feel soo rejuvenated... :D

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats on the pregnancy jgay! :thumbs: This will be a good thing although I doubt that very few are really ready for it even if planned for...parenthood is an undertaking like no other. I'm sure you'll be great though!

Glad to hear hubby is at least settling in with a potential job and hopefully then he'll have more to do and won't be hanging out so much. I agree with you though, it's hard to feel loving and affectionate when you're pissed off! I also agree that sometimes you do have to go to bed mad and just think on it a little while.

Thanks for giving us an update and sharing your adjustment! :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.