July09Bride

Wedding Details

2,369 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The wedding's over! It was amazing. Here is a picture of the bride (my daughter) and my parents. Haven't had any time to look at any other pictures. On the drive back to the US yesterday we got a call that my husband's cousin had passed, so we're on our way to the funeral in NC now. Funny that. I've been to two weddings and a funeral. No sign of Hugh Grant, though. :P

ShannonandGrands.jpg

Wow, your daughter is beautiful! Sorry to hear about the funeral but glad the wedding went well.

Filed: Timeline

Thank you so much, Huggles and Lilac. :luv: They left for their honeymoon last Wednesday. On the Monday following her wedding we took our relatives (two carloads) from England across the border so they could visit the United States. In secondary, the officer wanted to know where her husband was if she just got married! We told him it was a family tradition to honeymoon with the family. :lol: Anyway, they flew 1st class to London in those seats that convert into beds so I'm dying to hear all about it! They also went to Creamfields and stayed in the PodPads. I call them Teletubby houses because if you see the pics with the giant sunflowers.... which are the solar panels for the electricity..... that's exactly what they look like! :lol: They should be boarding the cruise ship in Venice right now. They're doing the Mediterranean cruise which we all did two summers ago. Her husband wasn't with us that trip so she wanted to do it, again, with him. In fact, I think I'll go text them Bon Voyage! I'm so excited for them. I'm sure they're having a fabulous time. :luv:

iagree.gif

Your daughter looks lovely!

Edited for grammar fail.

Edited by Peachey

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

So yea, on the weekend, this happened...

post-78309-052847500 1283553856_thumb.jpg

post-78309-058454500 1283553886_thumb.jpg

post-78309-075978800 1283553906_thumb.jpg

post-78309-082542400 1283553920_thumb.jpg

Took place in Hollister, CA, at Bolado Park

It was a lot of fun and work, but that fulfills the terms of my K-1, on to the AOS!

Needless to say, this last month has been so frikkin busy, heres hoping it settles down some :P

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

So yea, on the weekend, this happened...

Took place in Hollister, CA, at Bolado Park

It was a lot of fun and work, but that fulfills the terms of my K-1, on to the AOS!

Needless to say, this last month has been so frikkin busy, heres hoping it settles down some :P

I think it settles down a bit after the AOS is approved! Good luck with all the paperwork. Make sure your birthday is correct on the documents so it doesn't get returned to you like my husband's AOS file did.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, so since we got his green card last month, I have been trying to ignore the two country thing for a few weeks (after 14 months of fiance visa and AOS, we kind of needed that break). Our religious ceremony is here in the US in a few weeks, and I thought I had done really well considering all the international aspects until now. I'm swamped at work this week so I'm hoping this thread can help with some information, since I don't have time to do any amount of substantial research.

His family is throwing a couples shower in Canada. I'm not quite sure what we do about bringing gifts back with us? What do I need to consider? Has anyone done this? They aren't really personal effects, because they're new? It's the first time we're using his green card to cross, so I'm a little sensitive about how that goes anyway but add bringing things back with us raises my level of concern.

May 7, 2009 - 129F submitted

April 6, 2010 - Visa Delivered/POE (Peace Bridge)

April 23, 2010 - Civil Ceremony

May 1, 2010 - AOS/EAD Application submitted

July 12, 2010 - EAD Approved (Card Production Email #1 at 4:02 pm)

July 26, 2010 - EAD RECEIVED

August 5, 2010 - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!

August 21, 2010 - Green card arrives

November 13, 2010 - Catholic ceremony

July 2, 2012 - ROC submitted to VSC

August 21, 2012 - Biometrics

February 27, 2013 - ROC Approved

Only one more step to go!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Those of you that had a civil ceremony first- what did you wear?? I'm at a total loss here.. :wacko:

[img]http://davf.daisypath.com/bOLvm4.png[/img]

31.03.2010- I129F Filed (K1/K2)
02.09.2010- Interview - VAN - [color="#8B0000"][b]APPROVED!![/b][/color]
18.09.2010- POE Edmonton-Atlanta
01.10.2010- Civil Wedding in GA! <3
04.29.2011- AOS Filed (K1/K2)
09.19.2011- EAD Approved
10.24.2011- AOS - ATL Interview -[color="#8B0000"][b]APPROVED!![/b][/color]
11.02.2011- Green Cards for us!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Those of you that had a civil ceremony first- what did you wear?? I'm at a total loss here.. :wacko:

I wore a red dress that I can use again for christmas parties.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

I wore a blue sparkly dress. a short one. Really cute.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats Support Geek!

I wore a short white dress for my civil ceremony. It wasn't quite a sun dress, but that formal either.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, so since we got his green card last month, I have been trying to ignore the two country thing for a few weeks (after 14 months of fiance visa and AOS, we kind of needed that break). Our religious ceremony is here in the US in a few weeks, and I thought I had done really well considering all the international aspects until now. I'm swamped at work this week so I'm hoping this thread can help with some information, since I don't have time to do any amount of substantial research.

His family is throwing a couples shower in Canada. I'm not quite sure what we do about bringing gifts back with us? What do I need to consider? Has anyone done this? They aren't really personal effects, because they're new? It's the first time we're using his green card to cross, so I'm a little sensitive about how that goes anyway but add bringing things back with us raises my level of concern.

Your worried about bringing the shower gifts back to the US? I woudln't really worry about it. You don't have to pay duty for gifts i believe and if people give you money, you're allowed to bring a few thousand over the border I believe.

Before we had our shower and wedding, since we had one in Canada and the other on the other side of the states, we politely asked people to give money or gift cards. Everyone understood we'd be flying or travelling pretty far and were very accommodating.

A friend of mine got married at the courthouse in jeans. She was wearing sweats but her husband told her to at least put jeans on. haha

2007-11-10 Met on an airplane on the way to Japan

2008-03-28 First actual date!

2009-03-31 Returned from Japan

K1 Timeline

2009-08-22 Filed K1

2009-09-01 NOA1

2009-09-29 NOA2

2009-10-23 Montreal Received

2009-11-08 Packet 3 Sent

2010-02-02 Packet 4 Received

2010-03-19 Interview

Interview Result :Admin Review-missing papers

2010-06-24 Visa in Hand.. FINALLY!!!

2010-06-25 US Entry

2010-07-02 MARRIED!

2010-07-13 Applied for SSN

2010-08-03 SSN received

AOS Timeline

2010-08-16 I485 sent to chicago lockbox

2010-08-24 NOA1 received

2010-09-17 Case transferred to CSC

2010-10-23 Bio appt letter received for nov 9th

2010-11-03 Biometrics appt. EAD card issued

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've always wanted to wear one of those short puffy wedding dresses. You know, those cute ones that are like knee length? If I had a civil ceremony first, I would probably have worn one. Maybe one day we can do a vow renewal or something and I'll have an excuse to get one! :lol: I just think they're super cute!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.