3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

In I-864 column 25 there are two options to mark (one is optional).In first one, it says i have filed federal tax .......................... 3 most recent tax years.But i didnot file tax return for 2007 and 2005 as income was zero (didnt work) and in 2006 income was too low.so again didnt file($18.00 tax return)

So should i still mark on this box.Plus i will attach a wriiten explanation also as per instructions.(low income).So just want to know should i still mark this box.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

In I-864 column 25 there are two options to mark (one is optional).In first one, it says i have filed federal tax .......................... 3 most recent tax years.But i didnot file tax return for 2007 and 2005 as income was zero (didnt work) and in 2006 income was too low.so again didnt file($18.00 tax return)

So should i still mark on this box.Plus i will attach a wriiten explanation also as per instructions.(low income).So just want to know should i still mark this box.

You will be marking the first box, it says:

I have filed a Federal tax return for each of the three most recent tax years. I have attached the required photocopy or transcript of my Federal tax return for only the most recent tax year.

As long as you have sufficient current income, which is over poverty line, you will be fine. Just include the last year tax return and you will be good.

Hope this helps.

Good luck

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2008-05-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-05-27

I-129F RFE(s) : 2008-06-12

RFE Reply(s) : 2008-06-13

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-09-29

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2008-12-22

Visa Received : 2009-01-02

US Entry : 2009-02-12

Marriage : 2009-02-14

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 125 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 209 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Santa Ana CA

Date Filed : 2009-04-14

NOA Date :

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Filed: Timeline

You will be marking the first box, it says:

I have filed a Federal tax return for each of the three most recent tax years. I have attached the required photocopy or transcript of my Federal tax return for only the most recent tax year.

As long as you have sufficient current income, which is over poverty line, you will be fine. Just include the last year tax return and you will be good.

Hope this helps.

Good luck

thanks ,but because of zero income in 2005 and 2007 and very low income in 2006,we have a cosponser who is filling I-864 his own.Thats why i am asking that which box i should mark because i dont have anything for 2005 and 2007,but have W-2 for 2006.i have verification letters from IRS taht shows i didnt file tax in 2005 and 2007. and for 2006 they gave me one paper with their stamp on it shows that tota; tax return for 2006 was $18.00 .I dont have any transcrpit of tax return.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.