Kardi_Shian

The Visa Interview Requirements INFO

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please go to this link for the Visa Interview Requirements: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwfk1en.pdf

1. PROOF OF PAYMENT.

* The application fee for a K1 or K2 nonimmigrant visa is US$131. This maybe subject to change. I paid mine in BDO. BDO gave me the D-157 which had the validation at the back of its page. I had a completed form ns but they said I must use the one they've given me. So, filled it in again. Your RECEIPT WILL BE OF COURSE YOUR PROOF OF PAYMENT.

2. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS.

a. PASSPORT

*since you do not have your passport with you because St. Lukes forwarded it to them during your medical, when they asked it from you, just tell them that St. Lukes had it and that they said they would forward it to them (USEM). They already knew it.

b. DS-156 NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION.

* Make TWO (2) Copies. Do not leave any field unasnwered. If it is not applicable to you, write NA otherwise they will give it back to you and will ask you to fill it in completely. If you have question what to information to write, you can PM me. I will try my best to answer it. On question 39, if it is only you and your fiance prepared it, answer NO. Then put NA on Name under Q#40. You dont have to put NA to the questions that follow it. Q#41: Dont forget to sign it. Just sign no need to write all your name and sign.

c. DS-157 SUPPLEMENTAL NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION

* Make TWO (2) Copies. Do not leave any field unasnwered. If it is not applicable to you, write NA otherwise they will give it back to you and will ask you to fill it in completely.

d. DS-156K NONIMMIGRANT FIANCE(E) VISA APPLICATION.

* Make ONE (1) Copy ONLY. Do not leave any field unasnwered. If it is not applicable to you, write NA otherwise they will give it back to you and will ask you to fill it in completely.

I hereby certify that I am legally free to marry and intend to marry , Complete Name of your Fiance/Fiancee a U.S. citizen, within 90 days of my admission into the United States.

Sign below it write the place where your signed it. I know it says: DO NOT WRITE BELOW THIS LINE

The consular officer will assist you in answering this part. I actually did not sign mine when I when I submitted it but they said it should be signed so they have to give it back.

e. BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

f. NBI CLEARANCE.

g. OTHER COUNTRY POLICE CERTIFICATES. *

* (Submit only if you went to other country and lived there. It must come from that country. They want to make sure you dont have records there)

h. COURT AND PRISON RECORDS: (Read instruction) *

i. MILITARY OR POLICE SERVICE RECORDS*

j. EVIDENCE OF A MEETING PRIOR TO THE PETITION.

* There are your pics together, his boarding pass tickets, hotel recepits and other proofs that you two have met.

k. EVIDENCE OF A GENUINE ENGAGEMENT.

* Engagement ring receipts or pics. If you are not formally engaged you know can make a letter saying that you are legally willing able to marry your fiance then sign it.

l. PROOF OF TERMINATION OF A PRIOR MARRIAGE

* If you are both single, you dont need this.

m. CERTIFICATE OF NO MARRIAGE RECORD (CENOMAR).

* For pinays, we can obtain this from NSO. You can request it by calling them on this number: (+63) 02-737-1111. You will be instructed where you can pay and will be given a reference number. Make sure to save it. I paid mine in Metrobank. Soon as paid it, it will get to your doorstep 7-15 working days (max).

n. EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT.

* Bank statements are unnecessary if your fiance's paycheck or income is more than enough to support you.

o. VISA PHOTOGRAPHS.

* Go to this link for its specifications: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/info/info_1287.html

You're all set!

Edited by Kardi_Shian

Eto na lang mas presentable. Hehehe.

Kim20Kardashian-PRN-024996-1-1-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.