skinny

Package 3 & medical

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We are currently waiting on package 3 to arrive from the Montreal consulate. Can my fiancee schedule her medical now with only the case number, or is she required to have package 3? From other posts, I see that the police report can be done with only the case number.

Thanks...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You're better off waiting to get your medical done later on into the process because it has an expiry date and they refer to those medical results later on when you AOS - sooo if its close to expiring when you're doing your AOS after you move, you could get an RFE for a new medical which would then be another cost. I think the medical is good for 1 year.

You do need either your Appointment letter for your Packet 3 first page to show the Dr.'s office - so yeah, you might as well wait until you at least get the Packet.

Also - the Police Report can be done whenever you want - but it also expires... not sure if it is 1 year or 6 months... but keep that in mind.

Edited by SapphireDreams

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

You're better off waiting to get your medical done later on into the process because it has an expiry date and they refer to those medical results later on when you AOS - sooo if its close to expiring when you're doing your AOS after you move, you could get an RFE for a new medical which would then be another cost. I think the medical is good for 1 year.

You do need either your Appointment letter for your Packet 3 first page to show the Dr.'s office - so yeah, you might as well wait until you at least get the Packet.

Also - the Police Report can be done whenever you want - but it also expires... not sure if it is 1 year or 6 months... but keep that in mind.

When does the AOS review of medical etc... take place? Like, is it about 6 months after you marry and file? I'm just wondering, as I had my medical in March, and we will be marrying in June and filing just after that. At the time we file my medical will already be 4 months old, and I know it's only good for a year?

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

We are currently waiting on package 3 to arrive from the Montreal consulate. Can my fiancee schedule her medical now with only the case number, or is she required to have package 3? From other posts, I see that the police report can be done with only the case number.

Thanks...

Wait until you have the appointment letter. If you're waiting on Package 3, it shouldn't be too much longer. You can get the police report done now if you wish. Remember, no fingerprint check done unless you have a criminal record.

When does the AOS review of medical etc... take place? Like, is it about 6 months after you marry and file? I'm just wondering, as I had my medical in March, and we will be marrying in June and filing just after that. At the time we file my medical will already be 4 months old, and I know it's only good for a year?

After you're married, and you apply for AOS, it doesn't matter when your interview is, if you have one, or when your AOS is approved. If you sent in your AOS application within the 1 year of your medical being done, then you're okay.

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.