martinbr

Should I claim my disability

5 posts in this topic

I was off 3 months on state disability insurance from 09/08 thru 12/31/08. My base gross income subtracting these months came just under $27,000.00. I had around $4,000 in disabilty claims. This would give me around $31,000.00 for my current gross income. Should I include this in my current income for my i-864 packet?

I take it also that the disabilty is taxable income. Is this correct? I want to add as much as I can and be as accurate as possible since I don't want any problems.

thanks,

martinbr

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I was off 3 months on state disability insurance from 09/08 thru 12/31/08. My base gross income subtracting these months came just under $27,000.00. I had around $4,000 in disabilty claims. This would give me around $31,000.00 for my current gross income. Should I include this in my current income for my i-864 packet?

I take it also that the disabilty is taxable income. Is this correct? I want to add as much as I can and be as accurate as possible since I don't want any problems.

thanks,

martinbr

I would state annual income in present tense terms. If your salary is $35K, that's your income. If you're hourly, multiply the gross hourly rate by 2080 and claim that. If directly asked for last year's income, it's $31,000.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

So are you saying to put what is ever on my W2 stub minus the disablitity for my total income? Because what it seems to me is that the disabilty benefits would also count since I was out due to a illness. So this should be added to the W2 stub for the year 2008.

thanks,

martinbr

I would state annual income in present tense terms. If your salary is $35K, that's your income. If you're hourly, multiply the gross hourly rate by 2080 and claim that. If directly asked for last year's income, it's $31,000.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
So are you saying to put what is ever on my W2 stub minus the disablitity for my total income? Because what it seems to me is that the disabilty benefits would also count since I was out due to a illness. So this should be added to the W2 stub for the year 2008.

thanks,

martinbr

Please read carefully and interpret literally. That goes for my response and the questions on any affidavit of support. Your 2008 income is not necessarily your current income. What question are you answering? I'm unfamiliar with the income documentation for the "N/A" visa.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Sorry sir, but your answers are very abstract. It is not even answering the question that I asked. But that is a shame on me. I guess I will have to just call NVC like i should have in the first place. I thought I made it clear was to add the disability or not. I understand about 2008. This would be the current since there is only 11 days left to file taxes, so I will have to use 2008 as my current income.

Thanks for trying anyway.

martinbr

thanks,

martinbr

Please read carefully and interpret literally. That goes for my response and the questions on any affidavit of support. Your 2008 income is not necessarily your current income. What question are you answering? I'm unfamiliar with the income documentation for the "N/A" visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.