totoro

help your advice~

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I filed Jun.04.08 to Vermont and got transfered Feb.11.09 to California. I haven't gotten any letter yet so I am extremely stressed every day.

Here is my situation and I need to get your advice.

I came to USA with my two daughters in 2000 because I got divorce my first marriage and I wanted get a better opportunity for my children.I enrolled in an under-graduated school again in order to get a job for my future in USA. When I studied, I met my husband and because we were the only ones in a similar generation, we became close quickly. In June 2005, we got married, and I spent all of my and my parents' money for our marriage because my husband had nothing. He had a mental problem and was an alcoholic. In Jun 2008, I filed for I-751 jointly with him because I still wanted to make our marriage work. However, he constantly treated my children horribly and never acted as a step-father toward them. Near the end of February 2009, my daughters and I couldn't take his violent outbursts anymore and I filed a divorce and a restraining order. Because he was an unstable man and disregarded the restraining order, the town police arrived and arrested him, and gave us a protective order. In the middle of March, my lawyer sent the file to court and said it would take six months.

Right now, it is extremely hard for me to pay for the mortgage and my house I put up for sale is not selling. But now since I'm waiting for my GC, it is even more stressful. I don't know if INS is not approving me because they are aware of my situation or if it's taking longer because I have kids. I have no idea what to do because I haven't received any letter and I would really appreciate any advice you have for me.

Here are all of my documents for when I submitted I-751:

-joint tax return (3years)

-wrranty deed (me and mother-in-law)

-2 credit cards document

-joint family health and dental insurance

-joint auto insurance

-2 letters (mother-in-law and his aunt)

-IRS letter (to both name)

-DMV tax bill

-marriage license

-permanent resident card (copy)

-transcript of two daughters

I think you should not worry. People who got that tranfer letter, they got after more than 4 weeks and some still did not got it at all. You may be missed or letter got lost. Hopefully you will get your card or some other news soon i think they are processing dates around your date.

N-400

09/14/2009 - N-400 Sent to Texas Lock Box

09/16/2009 - Delivered by USPS Priority Mail

09/18/2009 - Single Check Cashed 675 $

09/18/2009 - NOA Showing 595 $ ?

10/07/2009 - Biometrics - Done @ Jackson, MS

10/21/2009 - Interview Letter

12/08/2009 - Interview @ New Orleans, LA

I-751

09/14/2008 I-751 Sent to VSC

09/19/2008 NOA

03/05/2009 VSC to CSC Transfer

05/28/2009 Approval of I-751

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

sorry for your situation. I dont want you to be worried about it, but almost all cases which were transfered on Feb 11 are getting approval. I wonder why you dont even receive any documentation from them. I should recommend you to call INS to see if they have any updates over your case. Good luck.

Edited by alimar

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline
How should I call INS? I already called 800 number and they said it is pending. Can I call INS directly? which one Vermont or California?

Thanks~

Nop you need to try different calls, at least a nice representative can give you better answer.

Are you sure u don't have any problems receiving the mails? did you move and didn't change address??

How should I call INS? I already called 800 number and they said it is pending. Can I call INS directly? which one Vermont or California?

Thanks~

All rep. wil tell you the same thing. they only can see what you can see yourself by going online regarding your status. If there is something serious then rep. can forward your call to his/her boss. But in your case they will never do it because it is not needed at this stage.

N-400

09/14/2009 - N-400 Sent to Texas Lock Box

09/16/2009 - Delivered by USPS Priority Mail

09/18/2009 - Single Check Cashed 675 $

09/18/2009 - NOA Showing 595 $ ?

10/07/2009 - Biometrics - Done @ Jackson, MS

10/21/2009 - Interview Letter

12/08/2009 - Interview @ New Orleans, LA

I-751

09/14/2008 I-751 Sent to VSC

09/19/2008 NOA

03/05/2009 VSC to CSC Transfer

05/28/2009 Approval of I-751

Filed: Timeline

Correct. The most that you can do if you are so stress is to go to an INFOPASS and talk face to face with another human, that's it. That may tell you the same thing that you know or just wait.

Not all the people that got transfer to CSC at that time has been approved, and not even all have been transfered either.

Why are you stressing so much? You have enough evidence about violent behavior and you do must have enough evidence that show comingled life.

If you get a RFE then re send all the information that you have plus add let's say if you still have bank statements in both names, pictures? etc.

I just will make an infopass or wait a little bit longer.

In any case, IF USCIS knows that you are in divorce proceedings they may send you a RFE and just send the correct information. You are in divorce proceedings that's a fact. Is that why are you stressing out?

Since is going to take six months your divorce in courts, you must probably be approved or know something from USCIS before your divorce deadline.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.