5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

My fiance was issued her Russian International passport in November 2008. It shows, in Russian, her first and middle name on one line. Directly below this it only shows her first name in English.

Does this have the potential to create multiple hassles/problems in the future with future processing after she arrives?

Such as:

AOS

Advanced parole

Social Security #

Travel

etc.

Has anyone else been in this position?

I am trying now to see if this is a 'normal' situation or should I try to have her correct her passport. I don't expect her K-1 interview before the middle of summer so there would be time to have this corrected, if necessary. Heck, maybe it couldn't be corrected. I just don't know. I thought I would ask here first before asking her about having it corrected.

I would really appreciate factual answers based on specific personal examples, or other relevant comments that are non-speculative.

Timeline:

17 Nov 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC

19 Nov 2008 - NOA1

03 Apr 2009 - NOA2 approval (email)

09 Apr 2009 - NVC received

13 Apr 2009 - Sent to Embassy

23 Jun 2009 - Interview date USEM - Posted USEM website 30 Apr 2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Not an issue as long as Visa is issued using same name as on the passport.

After arrival you marry, and can use married name on AOS, AP, EAD, SSN etc..

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

So, you are saying if the Visa shows her middle name in English there will be no future problems/hassles because her passport does not show her middle name in English?

Timeline:

19 Nov 2008 - NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

So, you are saying if the Visa shows her middle name in English there will be no future problems/hassles because her passport does not show her middle name in English?

What I am saying is Visa needs to show the same name as what is printed in the passport.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
What I am saying is Visa needs to show the same name as what is printed in the passport.

I posed the following question in the Russia forum:

My fiance received her new international passport in Nov 2008. It shows her Russian first and middle names in Russian on one line and directly below this it only shows her first name in English. The middle name is not shown in English.

Now I know she wants and expects to have a middle name when she comes here. Should her middle name in English be shown on the DS-156, even with it not shown in English in her passport, or should this information be pointed out at the time of interview.

I was given a recommendation to complete the DS-156 with her middle name in English as this form must be filled out in English, even though her passport does not have her middle name in English.

The key point is she has a middle name, she will want to continue to use a middle name. Her Russian middle name is not on the passport in English.

So, let's assume the recommendation was correct and her Visa shows her middle name. Now put the two together. My original question about future problems/hassles because her middle name is not shown in English on her passport but is shown on the Visa and the part of my original post here asking if this should be attempted to be changed before her interview?

Timeline:

19 Nov 2008 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.