Gatorfan

Tip for those traveling outside the Country with extension letter

16 posts in this topic

Hello everybody,

what if I want to travel and all I have is the extension letter since I have not received anything yet about the biometrics (which makes me a little bit worried)? I'm planning to go to Niagra Falls and then go to the Canadian side by car. Would that be possible?

Thank you,

Anja

Hi anja,

From my understanding,you will be fine with your extension letter,valid passport and your expired green card.You should be receiving your biometrics appointment soon and you don't wanna miss that because it's very important.If I were you I will just wait for the appointment notice,get it done and after that no more worries you just check the status of your application online.

Thank you, Bituin, for your reply.

I guess I have to practice patience while waiting for the biometrics letter. I just sometimes don't understand why others are faster than others...

But I guess, that is part of this whole process.

thanks again,

Anja

Anja (Magdeburg, Germany) and Hank (Richmond Heights, OH, USA)

Met in September 1996

Together since June 25, 1997

Jul 23 2005 - Married in Magdeburg

Removal of Conditions

Dec 19'08 - Mailed I-751 Package

Dec 22'08 - NOA date

Dec 24'08 - Check cashed

Jan 07'09 - NOA in mail

Jun '09 - Biometrics/10 year Greencard issued and sent in mail

AOS Process

May 30'06 - AOS package sent including EAD

June 7'06 - NOA1 Date for EAD and AOS

June 8'06 - both checks were cashed

June 9'06 - NOA1 in mail

June 22'06 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD in Cleveland

June 24'06 - both cases touched

Sept 12'06 - INFOPASS - interim EADs no longer issued in district offices :-(

Sept 21'06 - EAD finally approved according to Email by USCIS after 114 days

Sept 28'06 - EAD arrived in Mail

Oct 03'06 - Applied for SSN

Oct 10'06 - Received SSN card in mail

Nov 6'06 - Received Interview Letter

Jan 5'07 - Interview Date - approved

Jan 5'07 - CRIS email: welcome notice mailed

Jan 10'07 - CRIS email: Card was ordered on Jan 9'07

Jan 18'07 - Greencard in Mail (dated Jan 12'07)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.