Jim and Myrewen

Realistic date for visa delivery in Manla

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've looked in other forums but can't find an answer.

Wondered what the real time period is for a visa to be delivered if the interview goes smoothly. The manila embassy website says 7 to 10 business days. Is that true or are things running faster/slower?

Would like some feedback. My fiance has her interview schedule for April 23 and wants me there. If I am going to buy a plane ticket, just want to get an idea for return date to avoid additional costs.

Thanks, Jim

Timeline

My fiancee and I are in that 7 to 10 day window right now. She passed her interview on March 25th. It seems, as I check around, most people get their visas within one to two weeks, but then you read about two, three, four month or more horror stories that people still haven't gotten theirs, for one reason or another.

I will say I called the embassy today to check on our case number, and I was told it was being processed and they guaranteed it to ship out to us within 10 days, so I hope that is true.

But I am waiting to book a plane ticket until I know the visa has been sent from the embassy.

It's sucks but you can't trust what the COs tell you at the interview. They'll tell you you are approved when they put you on AR.

I guess they don't have time to explain to a crying questioning pinay why they are being put on AR.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Trisha's Interview was on March 1st, she lives in Manila and got her visa on the 6th.

Love forever,

Dale & Trisha

Married: 9/29/2008

K3 Visa

POE-MSP: 3/13/2009

AOS/EAD

Greencard received: 08/29/2009

Removal of Conditions:

Approved: 10/20/2011

Citizenship

9/19/2012

Timeline

Wondered what the real time period is for a visa to be delivered if the interview goes smoothly. The manila embassy website says 7 to 10 business days. Is that true or are things running faster/slower?

Would like some feedback. My fiance has her interview schedule for April 23 and wants me there. If I am going to buy a plane ticket, just want to get an idea for return date to avoid additional costs.

Thanks, Jim

i got my visa exactly a week later. Like i was interviewed tuesday, and i got the visa the next tuesday.

MY K1 EXPERIENCE blog...click on this link..

My K1 visa has already been approved. I had been really frustrated to find more info about K1 when we were still under the process. Some blogs have been useful. Now, that I completed the K1 process, I wish to share my own experience. So click on the link if you need more info about K1. The blog includes the requirements, med exams, questions on the interview, CFO and more. I hope that it will help. Thanks. Cheers and good luck.. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

March 19th interview here. Passed with no requests for more info. Still no visa. We called the embassy to inquire if we are on AR or not and they tell us no...not at all. Others who went to interview same day as us who passed had their visa on average of 4 days. There were others who were asked to submit more info who are still waiting like us. I would understand if we had to submit more documents why we would still be waiting...but in our case where we are told everything is in order and we passed and still have to wait...i really dont get it!

On average it about 3 to 10 days

I would play the odds and show up a couple days b4 the interview, Go to Interivew, and wait out time with your girl and wait for Visa Delivery

Sounds like a damn good excuse to make a trip to the Philippines........

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Timeline

Thanks, Jim

Jim,

If the visa packet is being delivered close to a metropolitan area, like Cebu, Manila, Davao, etc., then it should arrive within the first 5 business days. If it has to go out in the remote provinces, allow more like 10 days. I allowed 3 and a half weeks for ours because my fiancée's official mailing address is pretty far from the city. The road is barely passable after a good rain. However, Air21 will deliver to any address you specify. So, we had the packet sent to her sister's house in Tacloban City. They actually tried to deliver on the 3rd business day after the interview. They were unable to find the house in a squatter area because there was no street address. They sent us a txt message and we called them and straightened it out. So, be sure that you give them a good celfon number for contacting someone in the Philippines if there is a problem.

I think it is a great idea if you are there for the interview. I am glad that I went. My fiancée's interview went very smoothly. But then again, it is hard for them to question the authenticity of our relationship when I am sitting in the waiting area ;)

Good Luck & Ingats!

donald -n- analyn

For Filipino events on the Space Coast, see our organization's web site.

2006-09-21 :: met online

2007-05-23 :: first met in Philippines

2009-03-22 :: welcome to USA, POE Detroit!!!

2009-06-13 :: married in Florida!!!

2010-03-18 :: AoS approved, no interview :-)

See our timeline for the riveting details! Good luck on YOUR journey!

Timeline

Thanks for everyone's quick responses.

Unfortunately. still sounds like a roll of the dice as to when the visa arrives.

I am planning to arrive in Manila a couple days before the interview. My fiance lives in Manila so I am hoping that will help with delivery.

Was going to give myself a 3 week window to return to the US, so hoping that everything will fall into place.

Jim

Timeline
Thanks for everyone's quick responses.

Unfortunately. still sounds like a roll of the dice as to when the visa arrives.

I am planning to arrive in Manila a couple days before the interview. My fiance lives in Manila so I am hoping that will help with delivery.

Was going to give myself a 3 week window to return to the US, so hoping that everything will fall into place.

Jim

Three weeks will be more than enough time. As long as you are fully prepared for the interview. Be sure to have your financial support information together as per the guides here. Also, her CENOMAR, NBI check, and other required papers.

I took a gamble and booked the return flights for both of us in advance. It worked out great for us, but we had no issues in the interview. It is a calculated risk. You can get better flight selection and prices in advance, but if you end up needing to change it will all be lost ;)

donald -n- analyn

For Filipino events on the Space Coast, see our organization's web site.

2006-09-21 :: met online

2007-05-23 :: first met in Philippines

2009-03-22 :: welcome to USA, POE Detroit!!!

2009-06-13 :: married in Florida!!!

2010-03-18 :: AoS approved, no interview :-)

See our timeline for the riveting details! Good luck on YOUR journey!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.