rlt

RECALLED PETITION - UPDATE

1,102 posts in this topic

This just came in right now:

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

On July 27, 2006, this case was reopened on a USCIS motion, and the case is now in

process. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can

use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the

link below for current processing dates.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the

projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service

Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you

received from the USCIS.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Meh, nothing to see here.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
This just came in right now:

Current Status:

On July 27, 2006, this case was reopened on a USCIS motion, and the case is now in process. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

whew, what a relief! so... reopened! both you and rick2000! FINALLY! Yay!

Now... to update the chart that looks more and more beautiful!

Edited by Mew

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Thinking through it logically, maybe the first e-mail was the one I was supposed to get weeks ago when the case was first sent from Manila to the NVC/DOS, not the other way around like it sounds. (ex not VSC -> NVC) Then they hurredly sent this other one to inform me of it now being at the VSC for RFE processing.

elementary my dear watson!

So I can have it added, and without opening a can of worms, was there ever a general consensus agreed upon as to if meeting online was an IMB?

If yes, put yes Mew, otherwise put no.

Edited by zethris

Meh, nothing to see here.

Timeline
Thinking through it logically, maybe the first e-mail was the one I was supposed to get weeks ago when the case was first sent from Manila to the NVC/DOS, not the other way around like it sounds. (ex not VSC -> NVC) Then they hurredly sent this other one to inform me of it now being at the VSC for RFE processing.

elementary my dear watson!

So I can have it added, and without opening a can of worms, was there ever a general consensus agreed upon as to if meeting online was an IMB?

If yes, put yes Mew, otherwise put no.

That's what I figured, zethris, even though the wording in your first e-mail was different from the ones I and other people got.

No, we haven't reached a consensus on that, I'm afraid. You'll have to tell us more about the the website through which you guys have met...

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

Zethris and Rick2000,

the officer who´s delaing with your applications probably pressed the wrong button and sent you the wrong update.

Now you got the correct one..

So great news.. you finally got your cases reopened and nothing´s lost. Next step will be getting an update saying they mailed you the RFE. Check Mew´s chart for other´s timeline..

They are getting to us recalled people. This is a great week. We´ll be seeing approvals for everyone real quick!

Timeline
asianeuro.com. We both pay a fee to meet people online in other countries, but not necesarily to marry. (I joined earlier to talk with Japanese people to learn better Japanese. )

So... let's check what IMBRA brings...

(A) IN GENERAL.—The term ‘‘international marriage broker’’ means a corporation, partnership, business, individual, or other legal entity, whether or not organized under any law of the United States, that charges fees for providing dating, matrimonial, matchmaking services, or social referrals between United States citizens or nationals or aliens lawfully admitted to the United States as permanent residents and foreign national clients by providing personal contact information or otherwise facilitating communication between individuals.

(B) EXCEPTIONS.—Such term does not include—

(i) a traditional matchmaking organization of a cultural or religious nature that operates on a nonprofit

basis and otherwise operates in compliance with the laws of the countries in which it operates, including

the laws of the United States; or

(ii) an entity that provides dating services if its principal business is not to provide international dating

services between United States citizens or United States residents and foreign nationals and it charges

comparable rates and offers comparable services to all individuals it serves regardless of the individual’s

gender or country of citizenship.

(6) PERSONAL CONTACT INFORMATION.—

(A) IN GENERAL.—The term ‘‘personal contact information’’ means information, or a forum to obtain such information, that would permit individuals to contact each other, including—

(i) the name or residential, postal, electronic mail, or instant message address of an individual;

(ii) the telephone, pager, cellphone, or fax number, or voice message mailbox of an individual; or

(iii) the provision of an opportunity for an in-person meeting.

(B) EXCEPTION.—Such term does not include a photograph or general information about the background or

interests of a person.

Okay. So you both had to pay a fee and it doesn't fall under the exceptions.

Now, what kind of information do you get to contact people? Maybe you can fall under the exception about "personal contact information".

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Current Status:

On July 27, 2006, this case was reopened on a USCIS motion, and the

case is now in process. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing

is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this

case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing

dates.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case

status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or

advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please

contact the National Customer Service Center.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice

that you received from the USCIS.

Finally my day has come. I already sent them my own version of the questions they need answered yesterday. So hopefully I won't get an "Official" RFE.

Timeline
Finally my day has come. I already sent them my own version of the questions they need answered yesterday. So hopefully I won't get an "Official" RFE.

Doesn't it feel great? Yay!

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

asianeuro.com. We both pay a fee to meet people online in other countries, but not necesarily to marry. (I joined earlier to talk with Japanese people to learn better Japanese. )

(A) IN GENERAL.—The term ‘‘international marriage broker’’ means a corporation, partnership, business, individual, or other legal entity, whether or not organized under any law of the United States, that charges fees for providing dating, matrimonial, matchmaking services, or social referrals between United States citizens or nationals or aliens lawfully admitted to the United States as permanent residents and foreign national clients by providing personal contact information or otherwise facilitating communication between individuals.

(i) a traditional matchmaking organization of a cultural or religious nature that operates on a nonprofit

basis and otherwise operates in compliance with the laws of the countries in which it operates, including

(ii) an entity that provides dating services if its principal business is not to provide international dating

services between United States citizens or United States residents and foreign nationals and it charges

comparable rates and offers comparable services to all individuals it serves regardless of the individual’s

(A) IN GENERAL.—The term ‘‘personal contact information’’ means information, or a forum to obtain such information, that would permit individuals to contact each other, including—

(i) the name or residential, postal, electronic mail, or instant message address of an individual;

(ii) the telephone, pager, cellphone, or fax number, or voice message mailbox of an individual; or

(B) EXCEPTION.—Such term does not include a photograph or general information about the background or

interests of a person.

Now, what kind of information do you get to contact people? Maybe you can fall under the exception about "personal contact information".

I answered "No" to question #1 on the RFE question. We met On Mate1.com She joined for free, I originally joined for free. We met on the Free instant messenger to chat with others online. I did later pay a fee to use email, but I had already met my Sweetie on the "free" side of the website.

Can't see how this would qualify as an IMB can anyone else?

Timeline

interests of a person.

I answered "No" to question #1 on the RFE question. We met On Mate1.com She joined for free, I originally joined for free. We met on the Free instant messenger to chat with others online. I did later pay a fee to use email, but I had already met my Sweetie on the "free" side of the website.

I'm #######, so I think I would answer yes, just for having paid later to get to contact her through e-mail. Did you send an extra sheet stating why you've answered 'no'? Maybe that would make a difference.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

interests of a person.

I'm #######, so I think I would answer yes, just for having paid later to get to contact her through e-mail. Did you send an extra sheet stating why you've answered 'no'? Maybe that would make a difference.

Yes I did send an extra sheet. I told them that if they did consider it an IMB than I would accept there decision. I also explained that we started using the Yahoo instant messenger soon after so we did not even go back to the site. When I joined the site, I also wrote that it was not my intention to meet Foriegn Woman at all. She contacted me lol. Anyway, I also explained to them that IMB's are illegal in the Philippines so how was She able to join then?

Hope I did not screw up answering "No"!

Timeline

interests of a person.

Yes I did send an extra sheet. I told them that if they did consider it an IMB than I would accept there decision. I also explained that we started using the Yahoo instant messenger soon after so we did not even go back to the site. When I joined the site, I also wrote that it was not my intention to meet Foriegn Woman at all. She contacted me lol. Anyway, I also explained to them that IMB's are illegal in the Philippines so how was She able to join then?

I think that the definition of a marriage broker in the Philippines can be different from the definition that IMBRA brings. So... even if she wouldn't be allowed to join a marriage broker the way they define it there, a website would still be considered as such if it matches the definition according to IMBRA. The same goes for the intention of meeting a foreign woman or not. It wasn't your intention, but what really counts is what kind of services the website provides and how they do it, according to the law.

Well, let's see whether you'll get an RFE. My guess would be you will get one, because it seems to me that they have to do things according to their protocol. But maybe you'll get lucky. :) In any case, you've made up your mind as to what to answer when/if it comes.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

interests of a person.

I think that the definition of a marriage broker in the Philippines can be different from the definition that IMBRA brings. So... even if she wouldn't be allowed to join a marriage broker the way they define it there, a website would still be considered as such if it matches the definition according to IMBRA. The same goes for the intention of meeting a foreign woman or not. It wasn't your intention, but what really counts is what kind of services the website provides and how they do it, according to the law.

Well, let's see whether you'll get an RFE. My guess would be you will get one, because it seems to me that they have to do things according to their protocol. But maybe you'll get lucky. :) In any case, you've made up your mind as to what to answer when/if it comes.

One other thing....

I also stressed to them that we met on November 11th 2005 which is clearly before the Law was passed. Now those with cases pending after the Law was passed may see more scrutiny?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.