angela920

traveling to the Philippines next week! about pasalubongs

27 posts in this topic

i am just curious on where is S&R? and do they have website that i can visit? :)

There is one in ortigas extension. I think in pasig area.

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

just buy the chocolate in the Philippines. We went to this place called S&R. It is like the Costco over here. The chocolates are actually cheaper than they are over here.

Does S&R require membership? There is one near our place in the philipines. Would just tell my mom to buy from S&R for her pasalubong if it is cheaper there.

yeah there is a 700 peso membership fee. But the savings there are pretty good. I went to medical school in the Philippines and I missed alot of stuff from home you know. So when I went to S&R for teh first time, I was like WOW. It felt like I was home. :) Hehe Don't buy the Bounty paper towels there though.... SO expensive. hehe

Thanks. This would help my mom with her luggage. i dont want her to carry so much stuff going home to philippines. :)

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
i am just curious on where is S&R? and do they have website that i can visit? :)

I saw the website before but now i can't seem to find it. There is an S&R on Congressional Avenue near EDSA.

Oh ok! thanks! after telling me that its in EDSA, is that the one in MUNOZ?

yes it is. :)

oh ok! now i remembered what S&R is hehe. thanks!

Edited by o0pink0o

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

you can find good deals everywhere, like one poster said, find them at walmart, target, costco and even 99 cents. probably spend about an hour looking through the shelves so you can find good deals. kasi if you just look around briefly, you may miss some really nice deals.

why not try ROSS too. you can find neat but cheap stuffs like shoes, jackets, sweat pants & shirts, baby stuffs, perfumes and MORE for more than half lesser than how much you get them at malls. they carry branded stuffs too like old navy, abercrombie, billabong, sketchers, puma, addidas and soooooooo many more neat stuffs. its a pasalubong haven. hahahaha...plus, with the quality they have, they would never know you got it cheap.

but dont worry sis, whatever you get them, im sure they will appreciate it.

have fun shopping!!

Edited by MJ3lasvegas

Filed: Timeline
Hello guys! My husband and I are going to the Philippines next week mainly because he wanted to have his teeth done there. He needs to have a new bridge and a replacement one. It is damn expensive here in the USA and our dental insurance is not really good. Here it would cost more or less $4000 now that's a lot of money. So we decided to just do it in the Philippines and of course visit my family as well. This might be the last visit for me because we are planning to save money. Just sharing :)

Now, I'm being pressured by my friends and relatives to give them 'pasalubong' -sigh- we don't really have a lot of money and if it wasn't urgent we wouldn't go to the Philippines at all. I want to tell them we have no money and trying to save as much as possible and not spend too much on this trip. I'm not planning to buy a lot of pasalubongs. Don't wanna be treated as a wealthy balikbayan because I'm not. We both are. They just don't understand how hard it is to live here. -sigh-

Just venting :(

hi melissa,

sorry to hear about your "predicament". yes, it's true that guys back in the philippines think that we're wealthy because we're already "dollar earners", although the truth is far from it. I suggest you buy a special one for your mom if nothing else. chocolates for everyone is be ok, but in my book, a special pasalubong for mom and maybe your sisters/brothers might be someting to think about. Look for clearance items at Target, Ross, or walmart as suggested by other VJers here. why don't you also try thrift stores like goodwill? some stuff they have are still new sometimes (some of their items are even from Target sold at very low prices).

what I do for pasalubong is I collect stuff during summer - I go to garage sales and buy stuff that I know my family will like. I also go to thrift stores and when I see wallets, bags, etc. that are still new and inexpensive, i buy those for my "philippine pasalubong box". I also keep my eyes open for items on clearance. For "branded" items for my siters, I only buy from Ross 'coz they're cheaper. Some Victoria's Secret stuff that i will be bringing when I go back there were bought on clearance too, at like 75% off.

Anyway, God bless you on your trip back to the Philippines. Don't worry too much about it, I know your family and friends will be happy just to be with you again, pasalubong or no pasalubong. Enjoy!

The answer to Pasalubong is: 99 Cent Store or Dollar Tree and Walmart. You can be a Pasalubong hero for cheap! :thumbs:

yeah.. go crazy at the 99c store or dollar tree :D

Naturalization

Sent N-400 Application....................................... Dec  5 2016

NOA1.................................................................. Dec 13 2016

Biometrics @ St Louis  ...................................... Jan 11 2017

Received Interview Letter .................................. Jun 10 2017 

Interview Scheduled in Chicago, IL ................... Jul 11 2017

Oath Ceremony in Peoria, IL .............................. Sep 20 2017

Victoria Secret lotions 5/$30.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Timeline
Victoria Secret lotions 5/$30.

:thumbs:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

or bath and body works. they almost always have sales.

Naturalization

Sent N-400 Application....................................... Dec  5 2016

NOA1.................................................................. Dec 13 2016

Biometrics @ St Louis  ...................................... Jan 11 2017

Received Interview Letter .................................. Jun 10 2017 

Interview Scheduled in Chicago, IL ................... Jul 11 2017

Oath Ceremony in Peoria, IL .............................. Sep 20 2017

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

thank you so much for the replies! It really helps me decide. My husband said for the non-special we could just give them chocolates. You know in the Philippines... news travels so fast and we might see people who are uninvited and know that we arrived lol. It happens a lot.

Again... thank you guys! :dancing:

Timeline

Hello guys! My husband and I are going to the Philippines next week mainly because he wanted to have his teeth done there. He needs to have a new bridge and a replacement one. It is damn expensive here in the USA and our dental insurance is not really good. Here it would cost more or less $4000 now that's a lot of money. So we decided to just do it in the Philippines and of course visit my family as well. This might be the last visit for me because we are planning to save money. Just sharing :)

Now, I'm being pressured by my friends and relatives to give them 'pasalubong' -sigh- we don't really have a lot of money and if it wasn't urgent we wouldn't go to the Philippines at all. I want to tell them we have no money and trying to save as much as possible and not spend too much on this trip. I'm not planning to buy a lot of pasalubongs. Don't wanna be treated as a wealthy balikbayan because I'm not. We both are. They just don't understand how hard it is to live here. -sigh-

Just venting :(

[/quo

Don't feel pressured about your friends, anyway, will they help you if you will need help from them. Just be happy and enjoy your trip with your husband and be with your family. Don't mind other people opinion.

HAPPY TRIP and GOD BLESS YOU.

jean

You can visit my blogsite at http://rayjean-everydaylife.blogspot.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.