SJ1819

done with CFO

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey VJ people!! I am sorry i posted this a little late. I was too busy doing what i do best, shopping and hanging out with family and friends. Just wanted to share my CFO experience.

Things you need to bring:

Passport with Visa

3 photocopies of Passport

3 Photocopies of Visa

Pen

and a couple of scratch papers

I took cab from my sister's place at Katipunan, White Plains, to Good Shepherd Convent. It cost me Php60.00. I got there around 0800 and just relaxed for awhile at the benches outside and then i decided to get in the building. At the reception area i handed out my passport, 3 photocopies of Passport and 3 Photocopies of Visa. I was given forms, paid the counseling fee (Php250.00) and took my picture using their bright lighted webcam. Then i was instructed to go upstairs, proceeded at the middle room for film viewing. Watched the different cases of abused Filipina women. Well, i was really not watching i was busy filling up my forms. Some of the ladies in the room were frightened cause they do not have a single idea what their life will be when they get to United States. All they just knew is marry a foreign man to save them from poverty. It grossed me out and made me sick to my stomach.

Anyway, after the film showing is the seminar and counseling. The lady did not ask me anything, just checked my forms if filled out completely. She said there are no problems cause we are both single and we only have 6 years age difference. Then i was told to go down at the reception and show the form she signed. At the reception, i was given a brown survey form (to rank the service of St. Mary) and a white folded form that i will bring to US. Then i got my certificate. I photocopied the forms and certificate. Went back to the reception area, and i gave the original & photocopied forms. Went to the CFO, paid the sticker and certificate fee (Php400.00) and i was handed out a guide booklet for Filipinos migrating to US. Wait for my name to be called, got my sticker and the certificate stapled on my passport (same size of a bank check).

There you go, Good luck to those who are waiting for their medical and interview dates. Congratulations to those who passed both medical and interview and got their visa in hand. Good things come to those who wait and Better things come to those who have good intentions in entering United States. True love rocks!! Woohoo!!

I should be with my wonderful man any day now!! Woot-woot!! :dance:

Edited by ShaneJean

Soy la casa de mi amado y mi amado es mío.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Astig!!! Yay!!!

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Thanks for sharing your CFO experience. Get ready for your flight! I know u're both excited to be with each other's arms again!

szbfyt86.png

"What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguiseツ."

"All good things come to he who waits ツ."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.