Ronnie&Hang

Police Certificate

10 posts in this topic

Hello there..

Does anyone know where to get to Police Certificate in Vietnam, particular in Saigon? If anyone has done this before, would you point me to the right location (addresses).

I also heard that you will need one for every place you live for more than 6 months. My fiancee is from Hanoi but she lives in Saigon now, and also spent a few years in Laos.

Does she need to obtain 3 different Police Certificates for each of these places???

Your help is greatly appreciated...thank you!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hello there..

Does anyone know where to get to Police Certificate in Vietnam, particular in Saigon? If anyone has done this before, would you point me to the right location (addresses).

I also heard that you will need one for every place you live for more than 6 months. My fiancee is from Hanoi but she lives in Saigon now, and also spent a few years in Laos.

Does she need to obtain 3 different Police Certificates for each of these places???

Your help is greatly appreciated...thank you!!!

Tell your fiancee to bring her original (not copy) Ho^. Khau~ to SO TU PHAP in order to reguest a Ly Lich Tu Phap ( aka police cert.)

And to answer you question, you only need one for each country.

Edited by r0yalflush

Yeah she has to get it from all 3 places where she lived.

she needs to get two, one from Vietnam, and one in Lao :devil:

Awesome!! hehe..so she need only one for VN (either Hanoi or Saigon is fine right?) and one for Laos.

Actually, her Ho Khau and CMND is still listed as in Hanoi. She is just working in Saigon and I dont think she has any Ho Khau..shsss :)

Before this, I have no idea of Ly Lich Tu Phap or So Tu Phap are? :)

I am flying back for a week next month to surprise her and hopefull have time to go find out more of how to get it done and more...

Thanks again...

When my wife got her Police certificate, she had to go to Dong Nai province so tu phap in Bien Hoa to get her Phieu Ly Lich Tu phap since her ho khau is from Dong Nai. I would imagine you would have to go to Hanoi. I might be wrong.

mrc2pmh1445.gif

You have to get Ly Lich Tu Phap in the province where you are listed in Ho Khau. And yes, bring ID and original Ho Khau book.

Ronnie, you may be a touch early to get police certificates. Looks like you are just starting the process.

Edited by toddandhien

You have to get Ly Lich Tu Phap in the province where you are listed in Ho Khau. And yes, bring ID and original Ho Khau book.

Ronnie, you may be a touch early to get police certificates. Looks like you are just starting the process.

Yes Todd, I have just started the process. I got the NOA1 last week.

But since Hang lived at several places and even out of the country so I want to find out how many and exactly where to go get it, since she lives in Saigon now (but her Ho Khau is in Thanh Hoa/Hanoi). Both she and I have no idea what it was..and I heard CSC turn-around approval process is pretty quick now, so who knows :)

Thanks for all your inputs..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.