Dave 'n' Hai Au

Vietnam police report

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi to all, I was wondering how long it has taken people to get police report in Vietnam. My wife submitted request Feb. 23. They told her last week to come back this week. She went back today and they told her to come back next week. I asked her if they are waiting for bribe and she said not for this. Anybody that deals with Vn. system knows what I mean. I am just wondering what others have experienced as far as time to get it. I read a response on another post about Vn. mail system. My wife sent me Christmas cards the first week of December and I recieved them the first week of Feb. Her Ba sent his 5 days after her and I got them Christmas week. I sent her a Valentines present Feb. 3 using 7-10 day express mail. HCMC recieved it on the 13th, it got to Bien Hoa (45 minutes away) on the 16th, and they told her on the 23rd she could pick it up. I told her to go and complain but she didn't want to because she was afraid post office would mess with mail delivery to her family. Unbelievable!!! I can't wait to get her out of that place, if only we could get the police report!! Everyone take care and good luck on your journey!!!

My wife got her police certificate in Bien Hoa so tu phap in 3 weeks. We were lucky and didn't have to give them anything. For our Marriage certificate on the other hand I had to give them 1 million dong. If I were you I would give them little bit, maybe 500,000 Dong so they can get the certificate to you. No use in complaining to anyone because corruption is excepted in the country so complaining will get you no where.

Edited by Dai_VN
mrc2pmh1445.gif

I told her to go and complain but she didn't want to because she was afraid post office would mess with mail delivery to her family. Unbelievable!!! I can't wait to get her out of that place, if only we could get the police report!! Everyone take care and good luck on your journey!!!

Your wife is 100% RIGHt, complain in VN will giong no where, and will mess up your mail delivery too. Just deal with the vnese system. I been mailing my wife some document more than 2 weeks, and she still hasn't recieved it. For Police certificate, take us 3 weeks to received it, and all my wife did is only paid them 100,000 dong at SO TU PHAP in Saigon. Just give them couples more days, OR as DAI mention give them 500,00 dong, and your document will be done in 1 minute. Good luck.

I-130 Journey

USCIS

06-15-2008 : Marriage

08-16-2008 : I-130 Sent

08-18-2008 : I-130 Received

08-22-2008 : I-130 NOA1

02-02-2009 : I-130 NOA2 Approved 164 days from NOA1

NVC

02-04-2009 : Visited my wife for 2 weeks. 02-22-2009 come back to US

02-11-2009 : Received package from NVC

02-23-2009 : AOS Paid $70 (Online)

02-23-2009 : DS-3032 sent (by email)

02-25-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (AOS)

03-04-2009 : NVC has received the Choice of Agent DS-3032 (Online)

03-04-2009 : IV Application Processing Fees $400 (Online)

03-05-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (IV APS)

03-07-2009 : DS-230, and I-864 Sent (by USPS)

03-12-2009 : USPS confirm arrived at NVC for DS-230, & I-864

03-13-2009 : NVC received DS-230, & I-864 (Case in progress)

03-20-2009 : NVC case completed in 1 week NVC completed 03-20-2009.

04-02-2009 : NVC Left to HCM city

04-22-2009 : Medical Passed

05-12-2009 : Received a package IV from HCM Consulate by email

05-18-2009 : My wife got Pink.. yeah..

05-26-2009 : Visa received

06-18-2009 : US Entry!!! Yeah, my wife finally here.

06-29-2009 : Received SSN from snail mail

07-20-2009 : Green card received by mail

09-15-2009 : Writting test from DVM.

11-03-2009 : Driving Test.

01-20-2010 : Working.

04-20-2011 : Submit I751

04-26-2011 : Received I-797 NOA with Receipt Number

05-11-2011 : Received ASC Appointment Notice

06-03-2011 : Biometrics Apts @ 11:00 AM

10-11-2011 : Submit more evidence.

Hi to all, I was wondering how long it has taken people to get police report in Vietnam. My wife submitted request Feb. 23. They told her last week to come back this week. She went back today and they told her to come back next week. I asked her if they are waiting for bribe and she said not for this. Anybody that deals with Vn. system knows what I mean. I am just wondering what others have experienced as far as time to get it. I read a response on another post about Vn. mail system. My wife sent me Christmas cards the first week of December and I recieved them the first week of Feb. Her Ba sent his 5 days after her and I got them Christmas week. I sent her a Valentines present Feb. 3 using 7-10 day express mail. HCMC recieved it on the 13th, it got to Bien Hoa (45 minutes away) on the 16th, and they told her on the 23rd she could pick it up. I told her to go and complain but she didn't want to because she was afraid post office would mess with mail delivery to her family. Unbelievable!!! I can't wait to get her out of that place, if only we could get the police report!! Everyone take care and good luck on your journey!!!

Which province is she requesting Ly Lich Tu Phap from? Hien lives in Vinh Long province. When she applied, they told her to come back in 10 days to get it. 10 calendar days later, she went and it was waiting. no stress, no VND payment, nothing. I told her to be prepared because of what I had read here but she was treated well...even had the Cong An help her with something on the form that she did not understand.

BUT, we all know that this can be the exception. I am not a fan of the VN mail system in the least. The guy who runs the "post office" in Hien's little village is a nice guy...it's the folks upstream that cause all the delays/problems.

Complaining in VN is pointless. I have given up saying it because it never does any good (can do harm) and Hien simply won't do it. They have culturally been trained not to complain.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.