Paul_Light

Medical in Ciudad Juarez

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

UPDATE

I was in the lin at 5.00 a.m Inside at 6.00 p.m. and out with medical completed at 6.30 a.m.

You don't have to go early but I'm glad it's done.

I can now have breakfast.

Paul

Hi all,

Well I just arrived at the Holiday Inn Express near the consulate. Very comfortable.

The guy behind the reception desk recommends going for the medical at around 8.30 a.m. due to the numbers that line up between 5.00 and 6.00am.

Thoughts or recent experiences anyone?

Paul

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

yeah medical is fast!! I wasn't going to do it today but I got there late about 9ish 10ish got out about 10:44 cause they had to take us to the old consulate

Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 08-21-2008

I-129F NOA1 : 08-29-2008

I-129F NOA2 : 01-28-2009

NVC Received : 02-02-2009

NVC Left : 02-02-2009

Consulate Received : 02-02-2009

Packet 3 Sent from Juarez: 03-02-2009

Packet 3 Received : 03-12-2009

Interview Date : 03-25-2009

Visa Received : Approved!!!!!

DHL received: 03-26-2009 around 4

Date of US Entry: 04-15-2009

Date of Wedding: 04-19-2009

I-129f was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

So you both are going for your interviews tomorrow? I hope you can post all the details in the Juarez forum. My fiancee is going in two weeks so I'd like to have all the insight that I can. I'll be interested to see how long it takes you to get your passport and visa back from DHL. Thanks

Paul, the pool isn't that great or it's not very warm there? I'm interested because my fiancee is going with her daughter, who loves to swim, and I hope there is something there for them to do. Obviously, sightseeing is out of the question. Also, they are going to be there for a week since it takes longer for a child's medical results. Thanks

Timeline

No, I will be going on Wed. (waiting for my fiance)

Vermont Service Center

Timeline
UPDATE

I was in the lin at 5.00 a.m Inside at 6.00 p.m. and out with medical completed at 6.30 a.m.

Paul

Hi all,

Well I just arrived at the Holiday Inn Express near the consulate. Very comfortable.

The guy behind the reception desk recommends going for the medical at around 8.30 a.m. due to the numbers that line up between 5.00 and 6.00am.

Paul

:wow: That was pretty fast! Anything you could share about the medicals? Did you get the results the same day?

Please keep us informed as to how things went in the Consulate!!!!! :dancing:

erjv5fizz2s0.png

d5nu9o3msuf.png

Timeline
UPDATE

Paul

Hi all,

Paul

:wow: That was pretty fast! Anything you could share about the medicals? Did you get the results the same day?

Please keep us informed as to how things went in the Consulate!!!!! :dancing:

everyone got thiers the same day!!

Do they accept visa or mastercard for payment or is it cash only? Thanks

Bring cash!! I haven't met anyone who has done anything with out cash (US doller are better)

Vermont Service Center

Timeline
No vaccinations. The medical was very simple and fast.

Good Luck!

Paul

Did they try to force either of you to get vaccinations? As far as I know they are still not required for a K1 visa but the medical clinics like to tell people they are.

Paul, how long did you have to wait to get the visa? Did you get it the same day?

erjv5fizz2s0.png

d5nu9o3msuf.png

Filed: Timeline

O.K.

I have some bad news for you.

The system is a NIGHTMARE.

Here's a clip of what I sent my fiancee.

1. The interviewer DID approve my visa. - Tuesday @ 2.20 p.m.

2. It has NOT been printed yet. - Wednesday @ 9.30 a.m.

3. Some department in Washington has to approve printing and, as yet, they have NOT. Wednesday @ 11.30 a.m.

4. Nobody knows why not. Wednesday @ 11.30 a.m.

5. BUT, it will definately be printed today. Wednesday @ 11.30 a.m.

6. I said, how can you say they when you are waiting for Washington to approve it? Wednesday @ 11.30 a.m.

7. Answer - that´s what they told me. Wednesday @ 11.30 a.m.

Basically, you get approved and have to wait for DHL to confirm delivery to 1 of 2 DHL offices.

I found no way of communicating with anybody at the Consulate or DHL that had any kind of authority.

You have to just sit and wait.

I finally received notification on the DHL website at 7.00 p.m. on Wednesday. Collected the visa at 9.15 a.m. on Thursday and arrived in Dallas at 3.00 p.m.

Paul

Good Luck!

Paul

Did they try to force either of you to get vaccinations? As far as I know they are still not required for a K1 visa but the medical clinics like to tell people they are.

Paul, how long did you have to wait to get the visa? Did you get it the same day?

Timeline
O.K.

I have some bad news for you.

The system is a NIGHTMARE.

Here's a clip of what I sent my fiancee.

1. The interviewer DID approve my visa. - Tuesday @ 2.20 p.m.

2. It has NOT been printed yet. - Wednesday @ 9.30 a.m.

3. Some department in Washington has to approve printing and, as yet, they have NOT. Wednesday @ 11.30 a.m.

4. Nobody knows why not. Wednesday @ 11.30 a.m.

5. BUT, it will definately be printed today. Wednesday @ 11.30 a.m.

6. I said, how can you say they when you are waiting for Washington to approve it? Wednesday @ 11.30 a.m.

7. Answer - that´s what they told me. Wednesday @ 11.30 a.m.

Basically, you get approved and have to wait for DHL to confirm delivery to 1 of 2 DHL offices.

I found no way of communicating with anybody at the Consulate or DHL that had any kind of authority.

You have to just sit and wait.

I finally received notification on the DHL website at 7.00 p.m. on Wednesday. Collected the visa at 9.15 a.m. on Thursday and arrived in Dallas at 3.00 p.m.

Paul

Good Luck!

Paul

Oh my!!!! So, how many days do you advice me to plan on staying in Juarez? I was planning on arriving there on a Wednesday to come back on a Friday. Do you think that would be enough for me to get everything done?

Thanks a million!!!!!! :innocent:

erjv5fizz2s0.png

d5nu9o3msuf.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.