3 posts in this topic

Hi VJ members:) I am reading the instructions on form I-864 and I am confuse with submitting copy of the income tax return and W-2s. Is it ok to just submit the latest which is year 2008 or do I have to submit also year 2007 and 2006?

Is it ok to submit letter of employment since my husband's income tax return for year 2008 does not show sufficient income since he went to school last year and got a job november 2008. I will appreciatte your help. God bless...

Edited by jodette

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Your question is a bit confusing. Only the U.S. sponsor completes the I-864. The immigrant's previous income is of no interest to the USCIS, because it will not be available to support the couple above the poverty level. The sponsor needs to submit only the most recent tax return, but can also submit the ones for the two prior years if they help show that the annual income level is predictable.

Your question is a bit confusing. Only the U.S. sponsor completes the I-864. The immigrant's previous income is of no interest to the USCIS, because it will not be available to support the couple above the poverty level. The sponsor needs to submit only the most recent tax return, but can also submit the ones for the two prior years if they help show that the annual income level is predictable.

Sorry for confusing you. Well, Im the immigrant and my husband is a US citizen. Can my husband submit his employment letter and payslips? I read on the instructions that sponsors should not submit employment letter otherwise asked to submit. My husband's income last year stated on his income tax return does not show sufficient income. Is it ok to submit the employment letter along with the I-864? Thanks...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.