ken86

Still under AP!!!!! Got excited for nothing...

7 posts in this topic

well guys iam still under AP....i got excited for nothing coz i got my passport back today with no visa stamped on it....(thats made me cry and my wife)....

well i called DOS today and they said embassy is asking for my daughter's birth certificate and her passport(She doesnt have passport)....

well my situtaion is very bad...i talked to my wife and she couldnt stop crying....well god is playing good game with us,,and we are very depressed..and very frustated..but we not gonna loose hopes and we will never give up.....but i pray to god my AP gets over asap....

But should i wait from embassy to send me the another 221g letter for asking more documents or should i go and submitt them personally......im confused...please help me coz iam in very bad situtaion..and cannot see my wife struggling over there in US with our daughter,,,,...............................

:crying:

My Timeline

14/07/2007----Met at Cousins Party (Notre dame, Indiana)

15/07/2007----Started talking (Exchange phone numbers)

31/08/2007----went back to India (For Family Issues)

2/10/2007---- Came Back to USA (Started living together)

12/12/2007----MARRIED in INDIANA,USA

07/03/2008----Gone to India (family Issues) Coudnt go back to USA Visa got finished!!!

23/08/2008---- My wife came to india (stayed 3 months)

24/11/2008----Applied DCF in New Delhi Embassy----GOT APPROVED same DAY got Packet 3.5 by hand

03/12/2008----Wife went back to USA

17/12/2008----Submit all documents @ VFS jullundher Packet 3.5

28/01/2009----Got interview date Packet 4: Feb 6th

29/01/2009----Went for medical

02/02/2009----GOT medical Report!! (all Fine)

06/02/2009---- INTERVIEW!!!! RECIVED 221g REQUSTING TO SUBMIT MORE DOCUMENTS with PASSPORT

28/02/2009---- Submitted 221g Documents with passport

18/03/2009---- Got passport without visa stamped on it

19/03/2009---- Called DOS and they said embassy is asking for my daughter's Birth cetificate and Passport

01/04/2009---- 1 month of AP!! - NO NEWS--- from embassy---called DOS No news---_STILL WAITING FOR ANOTHER 221g FROM EMBASSY!!!!!!

STILL UNDER AP!!!!! very Frustated

07/04/2009---- Case tranfered to FPU(fraud prevention unit)

15/06/2009---- Embassy asked me to submit my passport-----confused??

22/06/2009---- Got Visa in Hand

10/07/2009---- POE Denver!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Do apply for your daughter's passport. Did they also ask for DNA test at New Delhi consulate?

Even if they didn't, may be having a DNA test will help a lot proving a legtimate relationship. According to your siggy your wife stayed in India for 3 months. Try to gather as much of proof as possible and load them to VFS. Try to get affidavits from friends who met your wife, may be affidavits relatives if possible.

I doubt you will receive another 221g, may be call up or email consulate and see if they are going to issue another 221g or not, if there is no response then submit all the proofs you can at VFS asap.

Best wishes.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Having been on the receiving end of 2 221(g)s - it can happen but the second request came back with the passport...I find it odd that they didn't have the request for additional information in with your passport.

I would load them up with everything possible. Would it be possible for your wife to come back and speak with the consulate if it came to that???

Sad but true - a DNA test may be requested - I wouldn't be surprised since it's Delhi.

Having been on the receiving end of 2 221(g)s - it can happen but the second request came back with the passport...I find it odd that they didn't have the request for additional information in with your passport.

I would load them up with everything possible. Would it be possible for your wife to come back and speak with the consulate if it came to that???

Sad but true - a DNA test may be requested - I wouldn't be surprised since it's Delhi.

Techinally she is not my daughter, my wife had kid from her ex-boyfriend... Not with me... Im confused .. We did mention this to USCIS people in new delhi when we went to file I-130 ...

Well how they can take DNA , my daughter is in US.. Im big time confused.. I think they will deny my case and i dont underatand why they sent my passport back!!! Confused

My Timeline

07/03/2008----Gone to India (family Issues) Coudnt go back to USA Visa got finished!!!

24/11/2008----Applied DCF in New Delhi Embassy----GOT APPROVED same DAY got Packet 3.5 by hand

06/02/2009---- INTERVIEW!!!! RECIVED 221g REQUSTING TO SUBMIT MORE DOCUMENTS with PASSPORT

19/03/2009---- Called DOS and they said embassy is asking for my daughter's Birth cetificate and Passport

01/04/2009---- 1 month of AP!! - NO NEWS--- from embassy---called DOS No news---_STILL WAITING FOR ANOTHER 221g FROM EMBASSY!!!!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Because she isn't your biological child - they won't be requesting a DNA test, it would proove nothing.

Have you legally adopted her? Court papers showing that may have some significant pull if they are questioning your relationship. But, since you haven't received paperwork requesting anything specifically - it's hard to guess what exactly they want.

Have you tried having your wife email the embassy explaining that DOS has a notation requesting this additional information and you need guidance on what to do next? One thing that helped us try to get a real answer from the embassy was to send a detailed message via email, ingnore the autoresponse and then wait for the "real" response which will probably say something vague [like you're in AP and the time line is up in the air].

Reply directly to the vague response asking your questions again.

For us, about a third of the time, doing this got us better information and not just the vague "Our records indicate your case is currently under AP...blah blah blah". And if they do fess up in an email that something is needed you now have a hard copy correspondence that can be taken to VFS with the newly requested info...

Because she isn't your biological child - they won't be requesting a DNA test, it would proove nothing.

Have you legally adopted her? Court papers showing that may have some significant pull if they are questioning your relationship. But, since you haven't received paperwork requesting anything specifically - it's hard to guess what exactly they want.

Have you tried having your wife email the embassy explaining that DOS has a notation requesting this additional information and you need guidance on what to do next? One thing that helped us try to get a real answer from the embassy was to send a detailed message via email, ingnore the autoresponse and then wait for the "real" response which will probably say something vague [like you're in AP and the time line is up in the air].

For us, about a third of the time, doing this got us better information and not just the vague "Our records indicate your case is currently under AP...blah blah blah". And if they do fess up in an email that something is needed you now have a hard copy correspondence that can be taken to VFS with the newly requested info...

No i havent legally adopted her....no court papers...i called DOS again they are asking for daughter passport and birth certificate...today i called embassy and they told me to submitt everything,,,,and they even said do not hide anything from us, and u you have to disclose everything....i feel like i did some crime or what....seriously it hurted me,,,,..and my wifes gonna email embassy abt this situtaion,,,,,i might plan to call my wife here and then we go to embassy again,.,.and talk to them,,,

i dont knw wat they need frm ma case,,,,im confused....we have shown them tons of evidence of our reltionship......i dnt knw wat else they need....and why they askin my step daughter info.....BIG TIME CONFUSED<<<<>>>> :crying::unsure:

My Timeline

No i havent legally adopted her....no court papers...i called DOS again they are asking for daughter passport and birth certificate...today i called embassy and they told me to submitt everything,,,,and they even said do not hide anything from us, and u you have to disclose everything....i feel like i did some crime or what....seriously it hurted me,,,,..and my wifes gonna email embassy abt this situtaion,,,,,i might plan to call my wife here and then we go to embassy again,.,.and talk to them,,,

i dont knw wat they need frm ma case,,,,im confused....we have shown them tons of evidence of our reltionship......i dnt knw wat else they need....and why they askin my step daughter info.....BIG TIME CONFUSED<<<<>>>> :crying::unsure:

Went to submit those documents but VFS didnt took it,they are askin a letter from embassy or another 221g to submit the documents........do u think its a denial?????

and i did mention her 'my daughter' during the interview....

confused.>>><<<

My Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.